we were told TM30 not needed, by Immigration

Stayed one night at a Hotel in Bangkok for Hospital visit, last Friday night, returned home Saturday. My wife (the Houseowner where we live), went to immigration on Monday morning with the completed form, to be told they don't need it, as we hadn't been out of Thailand.
Is this correct ?

When we did my yearly retirement form, a month or so ago, a different Officer, (who wasn't there this time), told us we needed to complete the form.

Yours confused !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

TM28 is for change of residence not reporting return to same residence. 

Forms for Aliens to Notify their Change of Address or Stay in a Province for more than 24 hours (TM.28)  From Immigration website

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, hansan5 said:

this week with my retirement extension at CW Bangkok they told me to also to do TM30 with internal travel...…….

Thanks for updated info - last month they did not want from what I heard them tell others and misread OP as using Bangkok rather than only staying in Bangkok Hotel.  ????

16 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Forms for Aliens to Notify their Change of Address or Stay in a Province for more than 24 hours (TM.28)  From Immigration website

regards worgeordie

from Thai law: 

(4) If travel to any province and stay there longer than twenty four hours, an
alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival. TM 28 report to police in province not return to residence as I read the Thai law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It changes too often and applied and interpreted in varying ways between various offices and even different guys in the same office. They also do not want us to know too mutt.

The simple fact that it changes too often is just ridiculous. The database could be revised every month with each revision highlighted, just like apps do when they update.

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

In the 5 years I've lived in LOS (the last 4 continuously) I've never once filled out either a 30 or a 28. Never asked, never needed.

Ditto - 14 years.  Annual return trips to UK; trips abroad to ASEAN countries; visits to see son in BKK - many hotels requiring my details; famous last words NEVER required at Jomtien.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

TM30 is only required for return to Thailand from abroad,

TM28 is for travel to outside the provence and return,but

it seems IO are not requiring them now.......until they ask for it ????

regards Worgeordie

Not according to some immigration offices.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Ditto - 14 years.  Annual return trips to UK; trips abroad to ASEAN countries; visits to see son in BKK - many hotels requiring my details; famous last words NEVER required at Jomtien.

YET!

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not according to some immigration offices.

But better to do,as they could start asking for it,new officers,whatever,

and it's a 1600 THB fine if you don't have one.

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Depends what you are doing at jomtien, extend a tourist visa and they defiantly want a TM30, I switched from retire to marriage extension last year and they wanted a TM30.

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Depends what you are doing at jomtien, extend a tourist visa and they defiantly want a TM30, I switched from retire to marriage extension last year and they wanted a TM30.

Previously the same at CW (not always).

Now extensions based on retirement are being hit up for the TM30.

Reading TVF on unrelated matters it seems like guys extensions using based on marriage seem to get more of a hard time. Don't imm like aliens marrying Thai.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't imm like aliens marrying Thai.

They feel a lot of these "marriages" are on paper only by people wanting to stay and illegally work so most of the extra effort is aimed at that factor - as normal the innocent pay the price. 

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Reading TVF on unrelated matters it seems like guys extensions using based on marriage seem to get more of a hard time.

Only at some immigration offices.

I am on my 11th (soon it will be 12) extension based upon marriage and have never had any problems.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

from Thai law: 

alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival. TM 28 report to police in province not return to residence as I read the Thai law.

Only if you entered the country illegally, read the whole section

As I have an aversion to queues I use an agent to renew my extension each year and I always take a trip over the border when my 90 day report is due so that, together with filling in a TM30, is something I've never done. I wonder what fate awaits me if I ever actually visit Immigration!

Edited by jtb
Quote not included.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
4 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

from Thai law: 

Is that a joke.... Next time you travel drop into local police station and see how that works for you. 

That law isn’t enforced anywhere.

TM.28 is only used to report a permanent change of address.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1