USA tourist visa for Thai wife

On 1/3/2020 at 7:00 PM, chaiyaphumcharlie said:

CUT Here is an an update on my Thai wife’s USA tourist visa application. My wife just received her passport with a 10 year B1/B2 tourist visa. 

The CO asked a dozen questions. He asked who I was? Where did I live? What was I doing here? CUT2

So when your wife was asked of you "What was I doing here?" what did she say? 

Hey Steveb6

It’s difficult to answer wether your wife will get a tourist visa because it’s a subjective process. I believe the most important part is the interview. The key is for your wife to have a good interview. She needs to show the CO that she is truthful and to convince him or her that she will return to Thailand.

She should prepare to tell the CO about her work and that she definitely will return for her job. She should have all the info like pay stubs and a letter from her boss saying that will return to work. Many people have told me that the fact that one works is a real positive in the visa process. 

In your post, you write that you are married and have a young child.

The CO asked my wife how long we had been married and where we got married. I think being married is a positive if you have been married a long time. If you are recently married it might be a negative. They might ask why you want a tourist visa now that you just got married. 

I would prepare for all potential questions. I watched some helpful videos on Youtube and got some good info on a forum/website called visajourney.com. They have a whole section on the tourist visa and plenty of info on all visas.

The other thing that is important is to be careful filling out the DS 160. You must make sure that all the information written in the application will match the answers your wife will give in the interview. My wife told me that during her interview she overheard some lady was being denied her visa. She gave the CO a different answer to a question during her interview than what she had stated in the DS 160. Good luck

Hey Skyfax

Regarding the question, What am I doing here?

My wife told the CO that I managed my money and invested in the financial markets.

Hope this is helpful.

Wow  66 and 29.  I need to  release mine and go fishing again. 

I have wondered if overall attractiveness makes a difference? As well as age.  Surely over 45 is much different than 30. 

Even if a man has been in Thailand 5years on retirement visa how does this prove he doesn't plan to move back next month?