VIDEO: Inside the 50 million baht family home of Thailand based YouTuber My Mate Nate

webfact

41 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Had to fast foreword as he and his voice hits a nerve with me. His Thai aint all that good and certainly isn't better than mine. Only thing he has on me is youth and maybe arrogance

Age is a non event, but arrogance - well that's a different story. 

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

didn't turn on you, I asked you a question based on what I thought was an unjustified criticism that you still can't answer, something wrong with that?  You may not like him but where does the "spoiled brat" bit come from?  

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/who-my-mate-nate-and-why-he-most-hated-farang-moment/

Because he's known to be a piece of crap?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Books have been written about Asian preferences for public wealth displays over private ones". 

Not the way that you described the conditions, "decrepit house full of roaches ans rats", they haven't.

"I've been to the homes of more wealthy Thais than I can recall. Tens maybe even thousands". 

Thousands?  Good for you.  if only we were all as connected as you'd like us to think you are!

Maybe millions. I can't be sure. 

14 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:
25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Books have been written about Asian preferences for public wealth displays over private ones". 

Not the way that you described the conditions, "decrepit house full of roaches ans rats", they haven't.

"I've been to the homes of more wealthy Thais than I can recall. Tens maybe even thousands". 

Thousands?  Good for you.  if only we were all as connected as you'd like us to think you are!

Maybe millions. I can't be sure. 

QED.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

Hmmm......anyone can arrange for a house viewing and make a video claiming its theirs.....notice nothing personalised in the interiors ie no family pictures etc and where are his parents etc...I make a bet, will be exposed as fraud in a couple of weeks and the usual apologies.

Interesting, even plausible theory. Considering what a jacka** this bloke has proven to be in the past, pulling a publicity stunt like that could be right up his alley.

10 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Interesting, even plausible theory. Considering what a jacka** this bloke has proven to be in the past, pulling a publicity stunt like that could be right up his alley.

Yes, yet another "cunning stunt" or not as the case may be.

Edited by xylophone

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I absolutely despise american architecture.

These MCMansions are absolutely disgusting.

Here's a whole website making fun of this crap https://mcmansionhell.com/

Scandinavian, Bauhaus and modern Thai architecture are more my thing...money can't buy taste i guess. 

Something like this is way nicer: https://www.contemporist.com/a-house-designed-for-a-swiss-family-living-in-thailand/

I do not care for any of them but the Swiss shoe box has a really nice pool!

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I've been to the homes of more wealthy Thais than I can recall. Tens maybe even thousands. 

It's a common characteristic. 

Books have been written about Asian preferences for public wealth displays over private ones. 

I didn't know they had window cleaners in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

Hey guys...its me, My Mate Nate. The one and only, that you all still seem to dislike so much from mistakes I made over 2 years ago. (Just in case you didnt realize it... you’re still holding those things over my head from over 2 years ago) 

Ive changed a lot over the 2 years... which I would hope you all have as well ????

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and may think whatever you want. But, I do need to step in an defend myself when things are being said which are totaly untrue.

1. That is my dads house. If you dont believe it, go back and watch a video from a year ago 

And another video last year

Whether you like my dads house or not...well thats your own opinion. I personally dont like it and have never lived there because i grew up with my struggling single mom and 4 siblings since i was a very young child.  

For those interested... my dad bought the house (foundation of a house) for 10M baht  4 years ago and spent the last 3 years building it himself because he is a lonely single man with not much else to do. 

For those who think I am flaunting wealth... i would suggest you brush up on your Thai because i make it quite clear in the video its my dads house and i have never lived there and that even if i did have that kind of money, i would never buy a house like that. 

Edited by My Mate Nate
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LongTang said:

If this spoiled brat is already showing off is wealth, Then How about donating a couple of mil's to an orphanage here??

So disgusting, It seems the piss(wealth) really went to his head...

If you can call somebody that shows off his family´s home worth only a about 2 million dollar rich? I would say that the level of rich today, since long time back, reached up about 7-10 millions. It´s just to face it. He´s just another ordinary guy.

Edited by Matzzon

Just now, My Mate Nate said:

On to the second topic I would like to mention...

Its a bummer that there seems to be a few who think I dont give back to the Thai community.... 

Here are a just a mere few videos that you might enjoy

Good, happy that you posted.

Keep contributing positively to the community you live in, Avoid patronizing people that are less fortunate or smart then you, Don't brag pointlessly about your or your families wealth, And you will just might earn back the respect of the Thai and Foreign communities.  ????

Edited by LongTang

15 hours ago, LongTang said:

If this spoiled brat is already showing off is wealth, Then How about donating a couple of mil's to an orphanage here??

So disgusting, It seems the piss(wealth) really went to his head...

I hate this type of <deleted> that makes his name and money off a poor country. He must feel very superior and look down at the poor Thai people. His house in California is entry level. I guess he likes to impress the poor and feel empowered. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, My Mate Nate said:

Hey guys...its me, My Mate Nate. The one and only, that you all still seem to dislike so much from mistakes I made over 2 years ago. (Just in case you didnt realize it... you’re still holding those things over my head from over 2 years ago) 

Ive changed a lot over the 2 years... which I would hope you all have as well ????

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and may think whatever you want. But, I do need to step in an defend myself when things are being said which are totaly untrue.

1. That is my dads house. If you dont believe it, go back and watch a video from a year ago 

And another video last year

Whether you like my dads house or not...well thats your own opinion. I personally dont like it and have never lived there because i grew up with my struggling single mom and 4 siblings since i was a very young child.  

For those interested... my dad bought the house (foundation of a house) for 10M baht  4 years ago and spent the last 3 years building it himself because he is a lonely single man with not much else to do. 

For those who think I am flaunting wealth... i would suggest you brush up on your Thai because i make it quite clear in the video its my dads house and i have never lived there and that even if i did have that kind of money, i would never buy a house like that. 

Good explanation Nate. Good luck with your channel.