Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie admits parasite might have been in the juice not the Pad Thai

webfact

3 hours ago, justin case said:

you never saw restaurant employees going out of the toilet without wash hands if there is any soap in the first place ?

many times !
most recently in London, before that in New York, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris (the guy also drank the half full glasses of wine in the split second he walked behind a pillar with the plate full of dishes and the other staff could not see him ... ) , even in India and China, and, sorry to say, also here.

Edited by KKr

I don't know them and I also don't know any of the acidic and poisonous haters on TVF. The story is confusing enough without the caustic judgements passed by the self ordained experts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cranky said:

This is very confusing. All of a sudden the national bar-stool barristers have turned from Thai bashers to the great defenders of the faith just because a couple of Ozzies got poorly from eating Thai food. It happens, get over it.  Who gives a flying fig whether they got it from street food or just as probable in a poncy overpriced western restaurant. 

Yes, people, from all over the world, can get sick on their holidays no matter where they go. Is it national news? NO Should it be national news? NO. [ not unless you're bringing home ebola etc]

Is it going to hurt Thailand's reputation? NO! Travellers understand that getting sick can be part and parcel of eating in other countries. It's a risk you take! "Delhi bellies" have been talked about for years.

These two shouldn't have carried on about it for their 15mins of fame.

And Thailand should just ignore it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Ryan Prigg, 39, from Perth told Thaivisa today that he and his partner Stacey Barnes, 32, could have been infected by the juice they had with the Pad Thai.

The lies of two Pricks. 

Why all the bullshit if they don't know when and from what they got the bug /parasite . get the Facts first before spreading bullshit.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Australian man at the center of claims that he and his wife suffered a disastrous illness after consuming Pad Thai at a Phuket Food Court has admitted to Thaivisa that the parasite might not have been in the iconic Thai dish after all.

What's with all the back and forth? after the numerous doctors visited in over 2 years, this couple is just now realizing that it might had been the juice and not the historic pad thai dish? "I'm upset"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nev said:

If you read the interview with them they was far from cheap Charlie's and paid 180 BAHT each and liked it so much they had to go back and get another serving.

It has already been questioned which good court it was that sells pad Thai at 180 BAHT.

I don't know about the rest of Thailand but - where I live - ALL the food courts use the same financial structure that keeps money away from the individual vendors.  All prices are the same.  There is no possibility for "Mates rates" (except drink sizes) so 180 baht for a pad thai dish is a crock - - - -

In all of this I see their original business plan went off the rails and their damage control has back-fired big-time.  Things like this happens to many businesses.  They need to "disappear" then reappear later "re-branded"

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't blame to clueless aussies but the general media who likes to make a big deal out of what the perceive to be a piece of sensational news tarnishing a country or a group of people without waiting to substantiate the facts first, not for nothing the coin phrase "fake news" was invented  a badge of shame that most media outlets richly deserves...

Many times having the shits here in Thailand I was sitting there and groaning while thinking what caused it.

Hard to tell as you easily forget what you ate during the day and incubation time varies as well.

I'd think of it as a good cleaning up. Once had a bad one from shrimp paté and that even in my own western home country. Really did poo the lining out of my body....and much more.

Edited by hugocnx

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

Is this story trying to the major "beat-up" for 2019, pad Thai, now juice, what's next - water? when that doesn't float their boat they should try "the beer, yes - it was definitely the beer" 

Next the air in Phuket.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:
10 hours ago, Cranky said:

They didn't have the runs 

I bet that made Prawit jealous.

Very good! Whether it's horological or scatalogical humour, ol' loathsome is the gift that keeps on giving... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, balo said:

It's all a lie, and it started with a 180 baht Pad Tai in a food court, which normally would be 60 baht. Lies , lies, lies. 

But really who gives a sh1t, no pun intended, it really doesn't rate on any scale in meaningful world events. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

But really who gives a sh1t, no pun intended, it really doesn't rate on any scale in meaningful world events. 

Who knows? It could start a trend in 'hysterical dysentery' on a global scale, as people feel they are missing out, if the story gains even more publicity.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ajarnbrian said:

Channel 7 Australia ahould not have run this story without careful research and distinguishing between facts and mere opinions of the uninformed. Millions of people visit Thailand and without any problem from food eaten. That is a `fact`.

Typical media garbage that happens universally now.  They think their job is to create news, not report it.

4 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Before that, and unbeknownst to most US citizens, prisoners were sent to the British colony where the majority landed in the Chesapeake Colonies on Maryland and Virginia.

'nuf sed.

It's called "going off half-cocked" - an old black-powder rifle problem or "shooting yourself in the foot" or "sticking your foot in your mouth"

I'm not a racist troll but in this case I cannot help but support you in sticking the boot into an ignorant Yank.

He deserved it. 555555 !