Are new members ignored?:

squawkorama

Some people consider it a sin to be a newbie and will not give you the time of day or will patronise or insult you. I have seen people who have lived here for over 30 years treated this way, purely because they only have a handful of posts. Some people remain immature their whole lives. Que sera ...

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Absolute nonsense, every member on here is treated exactly the same.

Have to disagree, Colin. There are a few here that cross lines with their posts, and some members hit the ignore button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, petemoss said:

I wouldn't say that I've been ignored but it has been made clear to me that my posts don't carry the same weight/value as those of a senior member. 

Ahh Peter, please don't say that, I for one, cherish your posts.

????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Have to disagree, Colin. There are a few here that cross lines with their posts, and some members hit the ignore button.

I treat every member the same, as i think admin/mods do, some members do cross the line sometimes, as i have done, been warned suspended a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I rarely start new threads and the number of replies is between 0 and 69 with the majority in the single digit range.

My threads are highly specific (like yours) or plain boring :tongue:

And for your thread: even Thaivisa can't answer all questions about handling offices/services in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

21 minutes ago, vogie said:

You do realise you are a senior member, you have quickly learned the ropes, have you had previous experience on any other forums? I have always found that if you are helpful to other members they generally reciprocate, obviously as in most walks of life you will get the odd one out.

Yes, I have been on other forums and agree that I have found the same problem on them too. I'm not just talking about posts replying to me. On this and other forums I have seen senior members belittling the opinion of "newbies" due to their lack of years on the Forum.

On another forum there was a long running thread on this subject, which led to more than 1 member being banned, such was their vitriol towards newbies.