Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

webfact

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

See here's your problem. You focus on how Trump was wrong in "characterizing" and "misrepresenting" what people said, instead of what they actually said. 

Omar:

Pretty damn anti-Semitic and there really isnt any way around it. 

Cortez:

AOC says where we are as a country right now is "garbage" and pushing for "moderate" policy is "10% better from Garbage". 

Pretty nasty. 

These are their own words, they said them. 

Apparently, even in Israel, they don't seem to agree with Trump....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-falsely-claims-democratic-congresswomen-spoke-of-evil-jews/

• Like 2

Tlaib is always talking about Palestine and impeaching some m-f-k-r.

Omar has some pretty islamic fundamentalist views

Cortez is a bartender

Pressley is a nobody.

I believe he was referencing the first two who he invited to go back and fix the problems

of Palestine and Somalia....then after they succeeded come back and teach the US how it's done.

That's fair game....they harass him 24/7...he hit back.

Game on. Let's see what these useless women think up next. All they got to cling on to power

is to talk smack about the Prez. No ideas on governance. Didn't Cortez just drive a shedload of amazon

jobs away from new York? Pathetic Loser.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

See here's your problem. You focus on how Trump was wrong in "characterizing" and "misrepresenting" what people said, instead of what they actually said. 

Omar:

Israel has hypnotized the world, may allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel

Pretty damn anti-Semitic and there really isnt any way around it. 

Criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitic.   It's no more anti-Semitic than it is for people to criticize The US, or Great Britain -- or Japan or Thailand -- if you want more homogeneous countries.   Israel is a country, not a race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Credo said:

Criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitic.   It's no more anti-Semitic than it is for people to criticize The US, or Great Britain -- or Japan or Thailand -- if you want more homogeneous countries.   Israel is a country, not a race.

Incorrect. Criticizing Israel per se is not anti-Semitic but let's not be naïve about this. It's just as wrong to label all criticism of Israeli that way as it is to play fantasy games that none of it is. 

True -- Israel is not a race. Who said that it was?

But Israel is the only nation in the world with majority demographic of Jewish people and indeed it was founded with the intention of being a homeland for the Jewish people. 

To people that are willing to accept the REALITY that some criticism of Israel is indeed anti-Semitic, how do you tell the difference? Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it's hard. Sometimes there are grey areas.

Here's one resource that might assist --

How to tell when criticism of Israel is actually anti-Semitism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/how-to-tell-when-criticism-of-israel-is-actually-anti-semitism/2018/05/17/cb58bf10-59eb-11e8-b656-a5f8c2a9295d_story.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading the continuing discourse between a few posters on here is interesting to say the least. It appears both “sides” appeared locked onto  their particular point of view. Neither side willing to grant the other any consideration for their viewpoint.

The posts seem to prove that the POTUS is a very divisive individual no matter where one resides. 

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Reading the continuing discourse between a few posters on here is interesting to say the least. It appears both “sides” appeared locked onto  their particular point of view. Neither side willing to grant the other any consideration for their viewpoint.

The posts seem to prove that the POTUS is a very divisive individual no matter where one resides. 

Perhaps if both sides could find a middle ground, The trump side could be a litle less racist and our side could be a litle more racist , then everyone would be happy

Well except the brown people, but who cares about them.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Perhaps if both sides could find a middle ground, The trump side could be a litle less racist and our side could be a litle more racist , then everyone would be happy

Well except the brown people, but who cares about them.

I think we both agree that racism is unacceptable, but the discourse is circular. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree, especially where the subject is so divisive 

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

I think we both agree that racism is unacceptable, but the discourse is circular. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree, especially where the subject is so divisive 

Yet you want as to accept the unacceptable and agree to disagree. 

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Sometimes we have to agree to disagree, especially where the subject is so divisive 

Please stop you're killing me!!

No I am not

yes you are you are stubbing me with a knife!!

Yes but it is a small knife

please stop you are killing me!!

You know this is becoming a circular argument, how about we agree to disagree?

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh trust me when I tell you that the 'divisiveness' did not start with POTUS, and the 4 congresswomen mentioned in this thread are arguably some of the most divisive & hate filled human beings in american politics. 

44 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Please stop you're killing me!!

No I am not

yes you are you are stubbing me with a knife!!

Yes but it is a small knife

please stop you are killing me!!

You know this is becoming a circular argument, how about we agree to disagree?

A more accurate analogy would be the person who's doing the crying about being killed is the one who actually stabbed first and is now crying about being the victim. 

Since 3 of the 4 were born in the US as was Donald.

I'm minded to send The Donald back to Scotland, he can sort out Nicola Sturgeon, and sort out all of the UK's 'issues', then come back to show us how it's done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Oh trust me when I tell you that the 'divisiveness' did not start with POTUS, and the 4 congresswomen mentioned in this thread are arguably some of the most divisive & hate filled human beings in american politics.

No, the current environment of divisiveness began with Newt Gingrich who championed a no-compromise, us against them style of politics.  Nobody has managed to turn it off since then.

What have these four congresswomen done that you consider hate-filled?  Have they accused people of being rapists and murderers, separated children from parents, attempted to ban all people belonging to a major religion from entering the country, or anything like that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, the current environment of divisiveness began with Newt Gingrich who championed a no-compromise, us against them style of politics.  Nobody has managed to turn it off since then.

What have these four congresswomen done that you consider hate-filled?  Have they accused people of being rapists and murderers, separated children from parents, attempted to ban all people belonging to a major religion from entering the country, or anything like that?

Yeah, it probably started with Gingrich but he actually got a lot of bipartisan stuff through, although many Democrats regret some of their votes now. Also conservative talk radio was just getting going then. I think the divisiveness really kicked into high gear with the Tea Party.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

????

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

AOC has in fact accused ICE employees of being rapists. Separating children from parents is partisan hyperbole. Nobody tried to ban 'all people belonging to a major religion'. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

????

AOC has in fact accused ICE employees of being rapists. Separating children from parents is partisan hyperbole. Nobody tried to ban 'all people belonging to a major religion'. 

When did Cortez accuse ICE employees of being rapists?  Separating children from parents is a reality.  Trump tried to ban Muslims from entering the country, he even promised it during his campaign.  https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

When did Cortez accuse ICE employees of being rapists?

Freshman Democrat House Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez today tweeted that Immigration and Customs Enforcement is a “dangerous agency” with “widespread reporting” of rape.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/aoc-claims-ice-is-dangerous-agency-full-of-rape/

When did Cortez accuse ICE employees of being rapists?  Separating children from parents is a reality.  Trump tried to ban Muslims from entering the country, he even promised it during his campaign.  https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

Separating children at the border was a policy started under Trump?

The “Travel Ban” was an attempt to bar all Muslims from entering the country?

• Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Cortez said there had been widespread reporting of rape.  I don't know if it was widespread, but there have definitely been reports of rape.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/17/us/sexual-assault-ice-detention-survivor-stories.html

Factual statements are not the same as accusations of rape.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Separating children at the border became widespread under Trump.

"Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said."   https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I don't know if it was widespread

So, in fact, you don't know if that was a factual statement or not, but defend it anyway. 

• Confused 2

Separating children at the border became widespread under Trump.

"Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.
"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said."   https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

Reporting of the separation became widespread under Trump. And yes, if you want to try and control the border, people will be separated. The left for not want to control the border, the want everyone released into the country. We already have over 900,000 open asylum claims.

I commented on the “Travel Ban”, why are you regurgitating an article about campaign rhetoric?

27 minutes ago, mogandave said:

No it wasn't. If you break the law and have a minor with you then you are separated. Don't break the law is the answer. 

• Haha 1

Cortez said there had been widespread reporting of rape.  I don't know if it was widespread, but there have definitely been reports of rape.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/17/us/sexual-assault-ice-detention-survivor-stories.html

Yes, but using anecdotal evidence is an excuse for wholesale castigation of an entire department.

The left does not seem to care at all about all the women being raped on the way to the border....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

You brought up the travel ban when I posted the above.  My post is about hate-filled words.  Trump is full of them.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Reporting of the separation became widespread under Trump. And yes, if you want to try and control the border, people will be separated. The left for not want to control the border, the want everyone released into the country. We already have over 900,000 open asylum claims.

I commented on the “Travel Ban”, why are you regurgitating an article about campaign rhetoric?

"Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said at a June 18 press briefing: “The Obama administration, the Bush administration all separated families. … They did — their rate was less than ours, but they absolutely did do this. This is not new.”"  https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/did-the-obama-administration-separate-families/

Trump's own people concede it is happening more under Trump than his predecessors.  However, once again, I brought up family separation with regards to the accusation that the four congresswomen were "hate filled".  Have they been advocating family separation?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, but using anecdotal evidence is an excuse for wholesale castigation of an entire department.

The left does not seem to care at all about all the women being raped on the way to the border....

Are you now conceding that Cortez did not accuse ICE employees of rape, she merely accurately pointed out that there were charges?

Your second sentence is a desparate deflection.  What makes you think "The left" doesn't care about rapes away from the border, and what does it have to do with this topic?

• Like 1