Bank Statement From Bangkok Bank

A statement done using online banking does not your name either. Just checked to see if it could be done that way. It does have my account number on it. Perhaps a copy of your bank book along with the statement to prove it is your account.

As far as I know the only way to get one with your name on it is by going to a branch office and requesting one.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to request a six-month, or twelve-month statement from Bangkok Bank via a written request?

The "Request Statement" option from within the iBanking app won't let me select an account.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

They have a very annoying process I must say. Printed statements come from Bangkok it's absurd.

I've long been curious as to why Bangkok Bank will only show up to 6 months for a statement using iBanking and to get a statement showing 1 year it needs to come from Bangkok via post, a local branch can't provide it. There is certainly no technical reason preventing them. The data is in the database and it would be trivial for their IT dept to make the change allowing access to older transactions.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KeeTua said:

I've long been curious as to why Bangkok Bank will only show up to 6 months for a statement using iBanking and to get a statement showing 1 year it needs to come from Bangkok via post, a local branch can't provide it. There is certainly no technical reason preventing them. The data is in the database and it would be trivial for their IT dept to make the change allowing access to older transactions.

It's not just Bangkok Bank....I know Krungsri Bank and KrungThai Bank have the same 6 month limitation.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

And Kasikorn, at least online.

Yea...six months  via online/ibanking is pretty standard for most Thai banks.  Now you can go to a branch and ask for a longer period...like one year....but there may be a fee associated and it may take several days to a week for the branch to get a 12 month or longer statement as they may have to request it from their headquarters usually in Bangkok.  

Edited by Pib

Yes, I had to request a 12 month statement in Hua Hin which they had to obtain from Silom, cost 200 Bhat and took 5 days.

I then encountered a problem as the Governor had closed the Mall, including the banks inside, so I couldn't retrieve the statements and covering letter. When I was able to collect the statements and take to Immigration. the friendly IO deemed that as the covering letter was dated 8 days previously it was one day out of date as it had to no more than 7 days old.

The fact it was locked in a bank closed by the Governor cut no Ice, I had a waste more hours getting another letter with exactly the same information, but a new date - oh how we laughed. 

• 3 years later...

Any up to date info on this.

I am a bit late in applying for this years extension so I don't have much time to waste. I have always done it before by going into my nearest branch and ordering a years statement (200 Baht and 7 days wait.)  When I checked this time on their website it says 6 months. So it looks like I'll be standing by the door when the bank opens on Monday (just hope it's not raining).

15 hours ago, roger101 said:

Any up to date info on this.

I am a bit late in applying for this years extension so I don't have much time to waste. I have always done it before by going into my nearest branch and ordering a years statement (200 Baht and 7 days wait.)  When I checked this time on their website it says 6 months. So it looks like I'll be standing by the door when the bank opens on Monday (just hope it's not raining).

Isn’t Monday a holiday?

• Haha 2