Kabul seeks clarification on Trump talk of wiping out Afghanistan

webfact

36 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

What's scary to me is Trump deciding that this needed to be said, as if everyone needed to know that "the leader of the free world" will not opt to kill ten million people.

I guess it's just careless bluster by someone whose skill set is better suited for a reality TV show than international diplomacy.

It sounded to me like he was trying to talk himself out of doing it.

• Thanks 1

Sadly, the Pakistani PM is not in charge of the country....his army and intelligence wing are.

And they are on the side of the Taliban so far. The Donald need to <deleted> of there and leave them

to sort it out. 

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Sadly, the Pakistani PM is not in charge of the country....his army and intelligence wing are.

And they are on the side of the Taliban so far. The Donald need to <deleted> of there and leave them

to sort it out. 

And what does that have to do with Trump making stupid and antagonizing comments for no good reason?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And what does that have to do with Trump making stupid and antagonizing comments for no good reason?

Im making a point about the situation there that rises far above your petty umbrage at Donal trump.

Get over it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im making a point about the situation there that rises far above your petty umbrage at Donal trump.

Get over it!

Yes I'm sure you have many many important things to say on many topics. Just nothing on this one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

And they are on the side of the Taliban so far. The Donald need to GTFO of there and leave them

to sort it out. 

You do understand why the US went to Afghanistan in the first place, right?!

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You do understand why the US went to Afghanistan in the first place, right?!

Fully aware....but they've done what they could....trained the security forces etc

Now it's time to cut the umbilical cord. If they misbehave again, send in the drones.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

he said he could win the Afghan war in just 10 days by wiping out the country, but did not want "to kill 10 million people."

Thank you so much for not killing 10,000,000 people!
This is nothing else than a threat to any country...

Most countries can be wiped out in 10 days, but also most countries react very strongly on being 'wiped out' (by anyone). So the most likely result would be that trumpy and the rest of usa will be wiped out as well... (som man na!)

Where does this sorry excuse of a human gets his ideas?!? Disgusting!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

The comments were neither stupid nor antagonizing. The US nuclear arsenal could indeed end the Afghan war in less than a week because if fully unleashed, it could effectively end Afghanistan. But Trump doesn't want to do that because he believes it immoral. To the contrary, he wants to work out a deal and pull the US out of Afghanistan altogether (unlike the majority of the US and EU Foreign Policy Establishment who want America to stay forever).

Pakistani PM says, "Thank God for President Trump". Seems like the people with actual skin in the game understand what Trump is trying to do just fine. https://thehill.com/policy/international/454365-pakistan-pm-without-trump-conflict-in-afghanistan-could-have-continued

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, helpisgood said:

What's scary to me is Trump deciding that this needed to be said, as if everyone needed to know that "the leader of the free world" will not opt to kill ten million people.

I guess it's just careless bluster by someone whose skill set is better suited for a reality TV show than international diplomacy.

It's him aping his buddy Putin: "I could have killed them but I didn't, see what a nice guy I am?"

There's a joke that I first heard in the 1990s:

Q: what is the most dangerous place in the world?

A: the space between DT and a camera lens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, how many other countries would he like to wipe out? Maybe not signing a trade deal he pushes could get you on the list! He would, at least, get his place in history that i'm sure he wants, but may not like his other genocidal team mates -  or maybe he wants to outdo his distant relative?

Edited by Scott