Pattaya: Oops! Cops extorted son of top policeman in e-cigarette sting

rooster59

Just now, worgeordie said:

Both parties breaking the law,suspect only the 4 bent police will face transfers,there's more transfers in Thailand than all the football leagues in Europe. 

And the same sort of money changes hands when they do

• Like 1

i bet i could go out today in Pataya and buy e cigarettes of i so choose to do so, (non smoker) i think this guy was a bit of a fool to go down that route, i suppose that will be 4 more inactive postings. and the crunch line is *do you know who my dad is* well they do now, oops

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

What about the kid who broke the law and has previous for the same offence?

The extortion was a bit excessive, but seeing as he had 1baht of gold in full view,

they probably thought he was worth a few quid.

Good point, he should face the full force of the law, the fact that his daddy is a senior policeman should not come in to it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BestB said:

To be honest I am puzzled as to why it was not handled internally by the father and he felt the need to go public?

Could well be the different jurisdiction. The Thai police is strictly vertical. Neighbouring police jurisdictions may have no interaction at all. A police colonel from Isaan would have to go up to the common managerial level (National HQ) and then it would have to go down to Chonburi. Otherwise Chonburi would take no notice. 

Or

Take it public and then things happen.

36 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

What about the kid who broke the law and has previous for the same offence?

The extortion was a bit excessive, but seeing as he had 1baht of gold in full view,

they probably thought he was worth a few quid.

He doesnt have previous for the same offence as I read it.

He previously sold them. This time he bought one.

I certainly wouldnt call him a criminal for e cigs. Surely the police have better things to do in pattaya than worrying about a guy buying e cigs.

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

He doesnt have previous for the same offence as I read it.

Could be read both ways due to the "reporting".

He said that he had been contacted by a man to meet him at a South Pattaya gas station as he wanted to buy two sets of e-cigarette smoking materials.

I read it as he was selling, guy gets in touch to buy a couple, they meet and then they pick him up  i.e. a sting rather than entrapment.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

"The victim turned out to be the son of a senior police colonel in the north east of Thailand."

Could we see a photo of colonel's house he bought on police salary? His (and probably son's) cars etc? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been getting things wrong, I thought there was dual standards between Thai's and Farangs but it turns out to be triple standards, Rich or connected Thai's, Normal Thai's, then Farangs, however, we are still at the bottom..!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Now this is the sort of thread that I like. Bent cops getting nailed! Shame there aren't hundreds more every day, but the fact that these four are being done is a good start to my day.

I get your point but it's a bit like rejoicing when a drug mule is arrested.

You should reserve your happiness for the day - if ever - when the big boys go down.

Rooster

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A police captain was in charge of the four men. 

the four men face the full force of police disciplinary procedures.

... seems like the good Captain had not the slightest inkling what his guys were up to... :whistling:

It's good to be the Captain

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Thanks 1