Video: King Cobra in custody after eating a water monitor!

webfact

Video: King Cobra in custody after eating a water monitor!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Snake catches in Krabi in Thailand's south were called after a house owner returned home to find the dogs barking unusually. 

In a corner of her yard Anantaya Phonbamrungwong was shocked to see a five meter long King Cobra swallowing a water monitor. 

Only the tail of the monitor was protruding from the mouth of the giant snake. 

She called Krabi Phitak Pracha rescue who soon had the snake in custody. It needed six men to hold it for the cameras before it was returned to nature. 

The snake catchers reckoned it had eaten a "Tua Ngern Tua Thong" or some other kind of water monitor. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-29

56 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I thought the king cobra only ate other snakes. 

Looks like two snakes, first one is not five meters. 

When measuring the snakes here in Thailand, the meter is considerably shorter than elsewhere and, best I can count, only 5 (not 6) holding it :glare:

47 minutes ago, Dap said:

When measuring the snakes here in Thailand, the meter is considerably shorter than elsewhere and, best I can count, only 5 (not 6) holding it :glare:

The same measuring tape used for fish, especially 'the one that got away', is used.????

19 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The same measuring tape used for fish, especially 'the one that got away', is used.????

Not everyone exaggerates the size of the fish they catch ! Last week I hooked into a monster carp, at 404.85 kgs almost double the world record. Fought like a demon for 3 1/2 hours, and just as I finally got it into the bank I actually saw the hook pull out of it,s lip and away it swam ????

34 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If it had swallowed a water monitor (which are quite big), why is there no massive bulge in the snake?

Could have been a young-un :licklips:

35 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Not everyone exaggerates the size of the fish they catch ! Last week I hooked into a monster carp, at 404.85 kgs almost double the world record. Fought like a demon for 3 1/2 hours, and just as I finally got it into the bank I actually saw the hook pull out of it,s lip and away it swam ????

Ohhh nooooooooooooooooooooo :crying:

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Yeah, I have a personal relationship with that tape as well,. Me anna' shark butted heads in a cave I was exploring

and I woulda' swore it was of whale proportions :w00t:

43 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If it had swallowed a water monitor (which are quite big), why is there no massive bulge in the snake?

Some snake regurgitate whatever they have eaten,in the hope 

whatever is attacking them goes after that and not them,also

they vent their bowels to create a nasty smell also putting off

the predator.

regards worgeordie

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I thought the king cobra only ate other snakes. 

Looks like two snakes, first one is not five meters. 

That's what I thought too, I wonder if she saw the tail of another snake, if it was a water monitor it must have been a slim one !

Archived