Prayut to supervise police, citing concerns over Prawit’s health

webfact

Prayut to supervise police, citing concerns over Prawit’s health

By The Nation

800_d163ccf8c326fc9.jpeg?v=1564463532

Citing concern for the health of General Prawit, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has announced that he will supervise the Royal Thai Police and chair the Police Commission himself.

Prayut was speaking to reporters after he officially took office as the concurrent defence minister by entering his office at the Defence Ministry.

Prayut said he would supervise the national police force and head the Police Commission in lieu of his deputy, General Prawit Wongsuwan, because he has concerns over Prawit’s health.

“I have concern for Prawit’s health. He has a very high level of determination for his other responsibilities,” Prayut said.

He said Prawit has several other responsibilities, including national intelligence and the supervision of the National Security Council.

Prayut said he would screen promotions of both senior military and police officers that were nominated by their agencies, in order to ensure suitability.

The prime minister said it was not certain whether he would also supervise the Department of Special Investigation, but he would make sure that all important tasks related to the DSI would get done.

Prayut added that the DSI would also need to be reformed, as the agency may have too many police officers working for it.

Regarding the military budget, Prayut said the military agencies may not get all of what they wanted because the government has limited money. But he insisted that the much-criticised procurement of submarines would not be cancelled.

“The purchase must be made properly. There must be a committee to check it and make it transparent – and the issue is over,” Prayut said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373881

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-30

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“I have concern for Prawit’s health. He has a very high level of determination for his other responsibilities,” Prayut said.

So much determination for his job that ..... 

52 minutes ago, z42 said:

The Thais i know are constantly sharing memes showing Prawit sleeping while supposedly being on duty in his official capacities.

????

These boys in Asia all look after their classmates for as long as possible, their careers have depended on using each other’s networks all their lives.

in countries like this where trust is a big issue, these long standing relationships are one way of ensuring you don’t get shafted. All for one and one for all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reigntax said:

We all have concerns over Prayuths mental health also

I already have concerns as I was watching as he was making an offering to the King's photo in Kings Park for the Kings Birthday and he stumbled and almost dropped the offering,I have been watching closely and he doesn't seem to be so steady.

• Like 1

The police department has a lot of money to be made specially in terms of promotions. 

I just wonder why he didnt offered the cabinet post to someone else from the 10+ parties that joggled around for positions in the cabinet.

Don't be unkind to the PM's old mate. What better reason than to buy him a new VIP jet to fly him around the world to get the best medical treatment available.

Gone are the days of those 38 member piss up party fact finding missions like the ones he organised to go to the beaches of Hawaii in a chartered jet in 2016. 

TG-747-Charter-700x482.jpg

I'm glad the coup is past us and democracy is in the hands of the people. Decisions shared and transparent.

Thailand the hub of democracy.

I'm expecting a movie about his life staring Steven Siegal any day now.

• Like 1