Reasons to Stay in Thailand

geronimo

Just now, Denim said:

My own reason for being here is best summed up thus

A miserable git will in all probability be a miserable git wherever he decides to live.

Similarly , a happy go lucky kind of person can be content almost anywhere.

I'm content to be here but I could be just as content somewhere else . But the wife is here and she cares for her mother so we are here because we are here.

Totally agree re the miserable gits ....

• Like 1

Just now, NCC1701A said:

it a good place to be and spend all your time on Thai Visa because you are too scared to go outside because all the negative comments here and negative stories about how you are going to die or be tortured by immigration.  

all you really need is a very small room, air conditioning and someone to deliver food to you. thank you.  

... a different type of service??? 555

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I was pondering on this, I got to thinking that mostly it feels like I am in a different country to many I encounter here on this forum.

In my day to day life I never encounter any issues, problem or concerns. I am never aware of pressure to have or do this or that. I never encounter any form of "officialdom" other than the annual Visa which takes around 30 minutes and that's it !. I never encounter Police, angry Thais, poor service or many of the other gripes I read about. The locals are pleasant always greet with a smile. 

Yes it's a minor inconvenience when it rains and the power may go off for an hour or you loose internet briefly, but hardly the crisis some make out and very small negative greatly out weighed by the positives. 

I am not denying there are issues and problems and corruption etc, but that's in every society. I just don't encounter it personally.

Life is very peaceful, uneventful in many ways, and I love it here !! 

It's refreshing to see that I'm not the only one who is living the dream life!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, my lovely Wife and two girls are the only reason I stay here.

I feel quite uncomfortable with the climate here, and miss many things from my "Alpine Europe", but I feel I can make some sacrifices for my love ones.