Is it OK for a foreign man to have a mistress in Thailand

45 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

I hear you. But I don't believe you. Actually, you are claiming things about me the same way as I supposedly do. Well, yes went to bars. But I was also a co-owner of a golf course. And there I met loads of expats like yourself with their wives (what did you say ?) ex-lawyers, secretaries, flight attendents aso. You call my post cynical. Yours does not reflect reality and that I don't like. Thai ladies in Thailand are gold diggers. Thats it. The only exceptions of good and faithful Thai wives I met in Europe. Some of them adapted quite well. But even there. Not too many. So my friend, dream on and be happy with your hi-so Thai Lady. These are the worst. Even moving with a wife to rural Isaan might be a better choice. If at all. Discussion closed

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Your post reflects the reality you are familiar with. 

My post reflects my exposure. 

As I clarified, experiences vary for us all. Your post is cynical because you have chosen not to believe a poster in the perfectly reasonable situation of having an normal, educated, non BG wife, there are so many guys around with educated financially independent women at their side out of choice and not financial incentive. 

Of course, there are so many men out there with women who are only at their side for financial gain. 

If you are unable to recognise this its down to your narrow mindedness and a healthy dollop of bigotry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, muffy said:

My wife says I can have a girlfriend as long as I don't spend money on her . How is that possible in Thailand ? ????????????????????

she means of course as long as you spend more money on your wife than on your girlfriend.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, manarak said:

lol

had a Chinese GF for a very short time recently - when she was talking on the phone with her mum, it sounded so horrible, I wanted her out ASAP.

I agree...it sounds terrible...and she switches from mandarin into cantonese in 2 seconds...hahahahahah I can hear the diference now..but thats all.

Then again if I speak German on the phone to friends (or Dutch) she probably also has a hard time. But I must say her English is advancing:-) she is very clever...

take care

Hans.

7 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Shame on my Thai wife that she has not enough Thai culture inside her, same as all other Thai women they are divorced because their men are cheating them.

yeah right...all men cheat...drink and hit their women. I heard the same from my (ex) Ukrainian wife...hahahahahaha. BS stories inmho.

Sure women never cheat...never drink...and never beat their men!! Let me tell you many women DO cheat...and drink alcohol..and indeed beat their men.

Wake up please.

There are always 2 sides on a story.

I for my part stop being a fool with women. My Chinese GF paid me a very nice cell phone in February when i was in China..a real one..NO fake. And she paid (more then once) the bill in a fancy restaurant...would a Thai lady ever do that?????? Would she??? ,-)

Also i was never asked to send money to her family. NEVER!

Its time that women pay for Hans..!!! How about that? And no...I am not Brat Pitt..just normal guy.

take care

Hans.

5 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

I hear you. But I don't believe you. Actually, you are claiming things about me the same way as I supposedly do. Well, yes went to bars. But I was also a co-owner of a golf course. And there I met loads of expats like yourself with their wives (what did you say ?) ex-lawyers, secretaries, flight attendents aso. You call my post cynical. Yours does not reflect reality and that I don't like. Thai ladies in Thailand are gold diggers. Thats it. The only exceptions of good and faithful Thai wives I met in Europe. Some of them adapted quite well. But even there. Not too many. So my friend, dream on and be happy with your hi-so Thai Lady. These are the worst. Even moving with a wife to rural Isaan might be a better choice. If at all. Discussion closed. 

Sound like you never ventured far from the Tourist Areas, and speak in generalizations from your experience.  Foolish and rookie mistake.

• Like 1

A teacher I know has had 4 husbands. One ex is a mate of mine, another was a policeman. She carries a tradesman's knife in her handbag. She has used it on all 4 after finding out they were screwing around. So if you want a mistress, I think it's covered under the challenge "Up to you".

17 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

so, anyone lucky enough to have a Thai wife that is accepting of such behaviors? I know many Thai dudes that have multiple mistresses but hardly any western dudes that do.

Any will if they get enough compensation, IMO. 

However, is a woman that is prepared to openly share her husband with other women really worth marrying?

Also, if a man wants a mistress, why get married in the first place? Seems demented to me.

Mistresses are a solution to a wife who no longer wants to have sex, but that shouldn't be a condition of a newly married woman.

17 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

My buddy claimed that he had 2 girls on the go whilst married to his wife and she knew about both of them and didnt seem to mind. I havent had any such luck.

Luck has nothing to do with it. All about how much money you give to the wife.

Edited by Vacuum

10 hours ago, Hans007 said:

yeah right...all men cheat...drink and hit their women. I heard the same from my (ex) Ukrainian wife...hahahahahaha. BS stories inmho.

Sure women never cheat...never drink...and never beat their men!! Let me tell you many women DO cheat...and drink alcohol..and indeed beat their men.

Wake up please.

There are always 2 sides on a story.

I for my part stop being a fool with women. My Chinese GF paid me a very nice cell phone in February when i was in China..a real one..NO fake. And she paid (more then once) the bill in a fancy restaurant...would a Thai lady ever do that?????? Would she??? ,-)

Also i was never asked to send money to her family. NEVER!

Its time that women pay for Hans..!!! How about that? And no...I am not Brat Pitt..just normal guy.

take care

Hans.

You definitely know the wrong Thai women. I had much better experiences. 

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

My Thai wife did pay many restaurant bill when she was my girlfriend. When she invited me she would always pay. 

Standard Thai social practice - he who invites is by issuing an invitation always understood to be the one who pays.  However "going Dutch" is a fairly common practice if acknowledged up front

On 8/4/2019 at 5:52 PM, kellersphuket said:

many of my thai male friends have them. cops, lawyers, bartenders. They all say the same, that their wives approve and its normal for them in Thai culture. Why am I clueless bro?

I have lived and worked in Thailand for nearly 30 years and I have never had a Thai bloke tell me that his Mrs is ok with him having a Mia Noi. The so called friends you mention are being very economical with the truth. It is always talked about and joked about because so much of it does go on however, is not an accepted part of the culture contrary to your friends telling you that it is.

Sound like you never ventured far from the Tourist Areas, and speak in generalizations from your experience.  Foolish and rookie mistake.
Think talking about rookie it could be maybe the other way around. I came here 25 years ago. This has nothing to do with tourist areas in general. It has to do with IQ. If you are naive enough to play to gold-ass up in the province, why not ? This is your decision. But as whole, you don't get it. As most of your other guys. Your Lady has taken over you life. Now, you might think I'm a frustrated old man. Not all. I was at some time. Not anymore. Very happy to get away from the Thai Ladies. Good luck

23 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

I hear you. But I don't believe you. Actually, you are claiming things about me the same way as I supposedly do. Well, yes went to bars. But I was also a co-owner of a golf course. And there I met loads of expats like yourself with their wives (what did you say ?) ex-lawyers, secretaries, flight attendents aso. You call my post cynical. Yours does not reflect reality and that I don't like. Thai ladies in Thailand are gold diggers. Thats it. The only exceptions of good and faithful Thai wives I met in Europe. Some of them adapted quite well. But even there. Not too many. So my friend, dream on and be happy with your hi-so Thai Lady. These are the worst. Even moving with a wife to rural Isaan might be a better choice. If at all. Discussion closed. 

Discussion opened: Your experience is clearly narrow minded and limited, if you think the golf course is good data, no it is not at all.
You basically us the data of the lowest end with a good amount of cheaters and the higher end with a good amount of cheaters.

Aside of the fact that 'A golf course' says absolutely nothing in this country, even a low middle class person can afford to play in Thailand.

Guess you never got to know anything in the middle, which dominates the population in this country.
Even I am saying this while I spend a good 4 years partying 4-5 days a week all around Thailand,
as a young guy with money and not a fat old fk, and knowing gold diggers really really well. 

That said, is also the reason, it is now called my previous life except maybe once a month.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

You definitely know the wrong Thai women. I had much better experiences. 

He also lucked into the right Chinese woman.  Most Chinese are walking disasters for dating purposes.  Again, just one data point out of Billions....????

the golden rule is this

you can do it, but be very discreet. If wifey loses face, you are likely to lose another part of your anatomy!!!

The funny thing is the farang who do have mia nois think their wives don't know, They do, but it is not "in their face" and they know its a sex thing!!!

Tread carefully Sir and do NOT use social media or any kind of text to chat with the noi

and don't send her dick photos (that can come back and bite you)