Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

People are too sensitive about sell by dates.

If the colour of the meat is good and it doesn't smell bad, it's good to eat.

Thai milk seems to last forever, probably because it's made from powdered milk.

I think that’s the same mentality that got the wuhan virus started.

• Haha 1
On 1/27/2020 at 12:14 PM, Grumpy John said:

Half price milk is a none starter here. Its usually within a day or 2 of use by date.   Powered milk is the go.  Makes 8L for 85baht.  Since the Aussie dollar landed in the toilet we have been cutting back.  The dogs and I  have to  endure pork shoulder meat...which isn't cheap now.  We cut the salami thinner....its expensive but low grade quality from Makro.  Aro brand corn flakes and oats, more home grown vegies.....I save about 2 to 2.5baht a month. Making my own chocolate too! 

Your efforts are commendable. But the savings! Is it really worth it?

46 minutes ago, grifbel said:

That's why the shower was invented.

Sounds very sweaty and unhygienic in addition to looking ridiculous

Yeah, you gotta laugh at the old dinosaurs that think sandals and white socks are 'smart'.

But if you don't wear socks under your running shoes, you'll get blisters.

On 8/10/2019 at 2:19 AM, brokenbone said:

how much for short time ?

scary needing cards, i see the thais use it at 7/11 almost exclusively, i dont like using cards, i hope i die before it becomes mandatory

that'll be on a website and phone app with a card... probably double the price and half the value. yuck.

• Haha 1
On 8/10/2019 at 6:55 AM, KittenKong said:

You are buying them in the wrong shop. All those items are much cheaper in the UK than they are here.

yeah, you can get those lindt chocolate bars for £1.50 in a supermarket, here they want like 150 baht or something silly.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, fhickson said:

anyone else find it strange that the op has left after 10 years and is having a great time back in the uk, and then comes back here to blab?

thats about the last thing im thinking about when i go back home to the usa

i only come back to the board when im in thailand or shortly before coming back...

Which somehow shows how much he's missing Thailand, methinks. 

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Must of gone to see the lucky lady he was trying out his new Webcam with  over Xmas. 
Alternatively he could be in his bedroom and his Mum has taken his PC away for being a naughty boy. 

555 - that made me chuckle!

Yup, his Mum found out he'd been buying beer from Aldi....and he used fake ID. :shock1:

She slapped his bottom quite hard, apparently.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, Kadilo said:

Must of gone to see the lucky lady he was trying out his new Webcam with  over Xmas. 
Alternatively he could be in his bedroom and his Mum has taken his PC away for being a naughty boy. 

Yep , 

Went back to her village in the northern mountains, hill tribe .

She has a big bit of land on top of a mountain and wants me to build her a house on it