Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

Terrible  English , but , What am I in Thailand that I couldnt be in my home Country ?

Credible.

Someone who didn't make a stupid decision to leave home country when home was what they needed all along. Someone who didn't waste 9 or 10 years of their life chasing something for which they were unsuited.

Someone who wouldn't be having problems fitting in back home because they can't divest themselves of the Thai experience  and move on with their proclaimed better life.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2020 at 2:39 PM, sanemax said:

No, I woke up in the middle of the night need a <deleted> .

I couldnt be bothered to go to the toilet and I had an empty 2 liter bottle of diet Coke on the table .

So I decided to <deleted> in that and empty it in the morning .

I filled that up and it overflowed onto my computer which was on the floor 

I reckon it's time for Man Pampers!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Logosone said:

I always liked the black cabs when I'd drive home from the airport, back when I still lived in the UK. Obviously a few things are better in the UK than in Thailand. You don't have to check the air quality in the morning. Driving is fantastically better.  There are no lose dogs. You can have a nice chat with people.

What else is better though? Can't think of any others.

For all the posting of English breakfast, talk about mars bars and UK supermarkets, the food is vastly better in Thailand. Not even close. The supermarkets in CM offer American, UK, Australian, New Zealand, Spanish, French, German, Swiss products. The variety is superb. Then of course with restaurants, Japanaese, Korean, Thai, German, French, Mexican, Italian, the quality and prices are unmatched. So food is definitely better. 

Housing is significantly better in Thailand, you can live in a luxury villa with pool and wooden flooring that would never be available in the UK, and nowhere near at the same price.

Weather obviously Thailand wins hands down, even with excess heat at times. Sunshine beats cold and gloomy wet rain.

Thailand's society as a whole has vastly better manners than the UK, here is where the UK really falls down. Not a mention of the yob and hooligan culture in the UK. Who can honestly say they've never had an issue with yobs in the UK, spitting on your window, vandalising your car, The chav, deprived UK yoof are a serious problem in the UK, whether they terrorise commuter trains or cars.

Subtracting the anti-social dog keeping, driving and garbage burning in Thailand, you just get the feel that this is still a country with proper manners. That has long ago gone out the window in the UK.

In terms of beauty of the country, you can post pics of the Lake District all you like, most people in the UK don't live in the Lake district, they live in grimy, poor quality terraced houses. You can equally post pictures of Thai landscapes that are just as attractive as the Lake District. And for every Lake District you have a Harlow or Croydon in the UK. The UK is perhaps one of the most ugly places in Europe, even if it has the odd beauty spot. Whereas Thailand has mountains, the sea, islands, jungle....

I really don't see what the UK could have to offer that would make anyone want to go back there. Thailand has more to offer, better in almost everything.

'Who can honestly say they've never had an issue with yobs in the UK, spitting on your window, vandalising your car'

I can.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

'Who can honestly say they've never had an issue with yobs in the UK, spitting on your window, vandalising your car'

I can.

He's just trolling, in another thread he says the NHS is dreadful, or some equally seditious word.

Having said that, I did get street robbed by a very nice Jamaican holding a Tenon saw.

100% true.

Frightened the bluddy life out of me.

Edited by faraday
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, faraday said:

He's just trolling, in another thread he says the NHS is dreadful, or some equally seditious word.

Having said that, I did get street robbed by a very nice Jamaican holding a Tenon saw.

100% true.

Frightened the bluddy life out of me.

'Saw' you coming. 

???? 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I see on her Facebook and she is saying the same thing about you,

Annoying little s hit,he'll never get me pregnant as he has premature

ejuculation problems,cums just looking at a pussy.????.

regards Worgeordie

A classic one. Suffering of premature ejaculation. ????

It's a sad fact of life in the UK that street crime, hooliganism and a general break-down of the social fabric are serious issues in Britain.

Many commuters can tell you a tale about a nutcase yob who terrorised a train compartment because they experienced it. 

Not to mention the graffiti, dirtiness and yobs shouting abuse. Vandalism of cars is a favourite as well.

A big reason why quality of life in Thailand is a good bit higher. You don't yet Chav culture in Thailand.

Times have changed .

One of the big changes that I noticed is that nowadays , the streets are empty of kids playing in the street or just hanging around , these days they stay at home watching TV or playing computer games .

It's a sad fact of life in the UK that street crime, hooliganism and a general break-down of the social fabric are serious issues in Britain.

Many commuters can tell you a tale about a nutcase yob who terrorised a train compartment because they experienced it. 

Not to mention the graffiti, dirtiness and yobs shouting abuse. Vandalism of cars is a favourite as well.

A big reason why quality of life in Thailand is a good bit higher. You don't yet Chav culture in Thailand.

We've got Theresa May to thank for the increase in crime.

Don't think I've seen any graffiti here; bit of spray painting, but all very low level stuff.

There isn't the huge class a drug problem here, that there is in the UK either. Or alcohol problem.

I do miss a nice 3 litre bottle of White Lightning though, & Special Brew.  *Laugh emoji*

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Times have changed .

One of the big changes that I noticed is that nowadays , the streets are empty of kids playing in the street or just hanging around , these days they stay at home watching TV or playing computer games .

So all these street stabbings are made up?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, faraday said:

We've got Theresa May to thank for the increase in crime.

Don't think I've seen any graffiti here; bit of spray painting, but all very low level stuff.

There isn't the huge class a drug problem here, that there is in the UK either. Or alcohol problem.

I do miss a nice 3 litre bottle of White Lightning though, & Special Brew.  *Laugh emoji*

You hit it on the head, alcohol in the UK fuels a lot of the hooligan events.

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nearly all those are gang related and territorial and that also keeps kids off the streets as well   through fear of getting stabbed 

Tosh. Tell the old ladies that who are scared to walk down the street. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Times have changed .

Oh I'm sure the PS4 has solved the UK crime issues and chav problem in one fell swoop and nobody is taking legal highs anymore.

"It has become a kind of shorthand for a form of behaviour that everyone recognises instantly. Rowdy groups of young people spill out of a pub, and then rampage through the streets, roughing up each other and anyone else unfortunate enough to cross their drunken path. This is what is often perceived as "yob culture". The words now have become a rallying cry for politicians in the law and order debate. But who, and what, are we really talking about?"

40% of violent crime, 78% of assaults and 88% of criminal damage cases are committed while the offender is under the influence of alcohol

50% to 80% of violent crime, including assault, rape and homicide, is committed by people who have been drinking. Studies of violent offenders have found them much more likely to be heavy drinkers.

Alcohol consumption increases the tendency of male drinkers to project aggression onto others and to respond to imagined hostile behaviour more aggressively as a result.

Around 125,000 people suffer facial injuries in violent circumstances each year in UK - in the majority of cases, either the victim or the assailant had been drinking alcohol. There are around 5,000 "glassings" each year, in which a smashed beer glass is used as a dangerous weapon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2001/life_of_crime/yob_culture.stm

So 125,000 people in the UK get their face smashed in in the UK by violent yobs. Quite a bit worse than the traffic problem in Thailand.

Oh I'm sure the PS4 has solved the UK crime issues and chav problem in one fell swoop and nobody is taking legal highs anymore.

"It has become a kind of shorthand for a form of behaviour that everyone recognises instantly. Rowdy groups of young people spill out of a pub, and then rampage through the streets, roughing up each other and anyone else unfortunate enough to cross their drunken path. This is what is often perceived as "yob culture". The words now have become a rallying cry for politicians in the law and order debate. But who, and what, are we really talking about?"

40% of violent crime, 78% of assaults and 88% of criminal damage cases are committed while the offender is under the influence of alcohol

50% to 80% of violent crime, including assault, rape and homicide, is committed by people who have been drinking. Studies of violent offenders have found them much more likely to be heavy drinkers.

Alcohol consumption increases the tendency of male drinkers to project aggression onto others and to respond to imagined hostile behaviour more aggressively as a result.

Around 125,000 people suffer facial injuries in violent circumstances each year in UK - in the majority of cases, either the victim or the assailant had been drinking alcohol. There are around 5,000 "glassings" each year, in which a smashed beer glass is used as a dangerous weapon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2001/life_of_crime/yob_culture.stm

So 125,000 people in the UK get their face smashed in in the UK by violent yobs. Quite a bit worse than the traffic problem in Thailand.

City center bars are easy to avoid and just dont get involved with those yobbos

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No I dont .

Where are you nowadays Max. Still in Thailand with your Skype bride building separate rooms on the top of the mountain, or back in the smoke at your Mums in your childhood room surrounded by Donny Osmond posters. 
Please give us an update. 

Edited by Kadilo

Yes UK has a chav issue, always has had, but as for violent crime being prevalent, that is utter tosh. Maybe in parts of East London with all the stabbings, but that is typically among the 'minorities'... a now Europe-wide issue. I'm no lover of the place at all, much prefer life in Thailand - which of course has serious issues - but there is no breakdown of the social fabric blah blah. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Yes UK has a chav issue, always has had, but as for violent crime being prevalent, that is utter tosh. Maybe in parts of East London with all the stabbings, but that is typically among the 'minorities'... a now Europe-wide issue. I'm no lover of the place at all, much prefer life in Thailand - which of course has serious issues - but there is no breakdown of the social fabric blah blah. 

No, I think there definitely is a breakdown of the social fabric. As for violent crime not being prevalent, well by its nature its an exception to the normal state. 

However 125,000 people in the UK getting facial injuries due to assaults every single year. That's a lot of  exceptions, and I doubt very much most are among 'minorities'.