250THB per day budget on Sukhumvit.

All jokes aside......if you live in Thailand longterm I think you should stay away if you NOT have min 40.000 Bath a month.

Better stay in Europe...USA or in Aussie land then.

Thailand is actualy NOT a cheap country imho.  Thats for sure. Thai government wants to keep out the Euro/USA riff raffs..thats for sure...who can blaim them? Backpackers or cheap Charlies dont spend money you know.

My Chinese GF spends every day at least (!!) 1000 Bath only on eating out..!! Sometimes even more. And she is NOT a high end top earner..just average middle class. Mind you she is NOT a tourist but lives in Thailand longterm.

Still Thailand is cheaper regarding dinnig out then Germany...if I would like to live like here in germany...I had to spend at least 50 Euros a day..!! Cant afford that...simple as that. And I am middle class too..!! I own a house..have a decent car etc etc etc..

TC All.

Hans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pdavies99 said:

But remember "NO SEX"

Offcourse no sex!!! hahahah sex is expensive in Thailand.

ST prices in germany are way cheaper then fe in Pattaya!!! Gioogle it..then you believe me.

Hans.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

1× big aura mineral water = 22 THB

I see room for improvement here. 20 liters of drinking water are - depending on the location - between 12 and 15 Baht. The deposit for the tank is 80 to 90 Baht, but that's a one-time expense.

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, wgdanson said:

1000 Bht per day/week/month? And just to remind you, AirBnB is illegal over here.

What are you confused about Wes?

And you Mr Pockets?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Confused 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, NCC1701A said:

this is faux HiSo water. try the government shit that has all the chlorine in it.

what about your laundry, rent, cellphone, haircut, toiletries, BTS/MRT?     

Laundry, haircut, toiletries.......mere waste of money if you want to pull a dirty bird!

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Can't imagine a hi- so Thai lady not wanting to have dinner with you.

simply bring a beach towel, lay it on the steps of 7/11 , light a candle, and open the noodles! 

In like Flynn!

you could even splurge on mineral water.

ps: don't tell her your name is pattayabeerbacon.

:clap2:dame that is funny....:cheesy:

I cant live using only pork boodle and chicken rice from unhygienic road side vendors. My budget for Thailand is $20/day and $25/day in the US and Spain. So it is very close. Of course, I have place to live in Spain and USA, so no rent for me.   

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:54 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I want to be like this, i enjoy living on the cheap, Thais actually trat me better when they know theres no money to ripoff, I meet genuine thais this way ,Not ones pretending to be my friends for money.

Did you never work for a living so your current 'lifestyle' wouldn't have to happen ?

Living as a grown man in such frugal conditions is nothing to be proud of IMO

On 8/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

With thais i have noticed the more money you have the more money you pay.

i like living like this, it suite me, i like thailand on a peasants budget it helps to gain perspective.  

The guy is dragging himself about lower Sukhumvhit and holing up in his room.

Well,I guess when you don't get what you want out of life you get "perspective". 555555555

I too revel in being a cheap charlie. You just don't seem to have much style

Your food choices are expensive and unhealthy. Obvious you don't like Thai food or vegetables. 3L of plain water is like 27b. I could have changed your budget up and fit in two bus rides to get out and about. Of course I walk everywhere even in BKK. I'd manage to fit in some alcohol few shots bc you have so much time on your hands. Nice to end the evening.

You're lost

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1

Great - no need to pay for the electricity, no aircon, no rent. I guess you're camping on someone's balcony and watching their TV through the window right?

250 per day for pocket money is pretty good, I spend around that for my basic household budget and we get roast pork, potatos and vegetable dinners included in that - but it doesn't include rent/bills/insurances/visas or a whole rake of other things that make 10k a ridiculous budget.

Why the heck would ANYONE on a budget choose burger and fries as their dinner? You can eat proper food for 30 to 40 baht.

Sounds like you're a real cheapskate who didn't learn to save money by using the money well.

• Like 1

I recall a very famous German on the thai forums...he is calles "Handtuch Peter"..what means..Towel Peter...he infact is a bum...and sleeps frequently at the beach in Pattaya. I am sure if you live there you should know him. He got his name because he actualy sleeps on a big Towel....hahahahahahahaha.

he stays in Thailand between november and March (european winter)...after that he travels back home...he does that for like 14 years or so...In germany he gets Harz 4...meaning he lives on social security money from the state. How he does that...I do not know...but he is very famous...He even showers in the dark to save electricity...hahahahahaha

He also has sometimes sex with very cheap cleaning ladies ...who are frequently seen at the beach in Pattaya very early in the morning or very late...offcourse these ladies are not quite pretty.(and most of them are older then 45 or so...)..but..you know...he pays them 150 bath to get off...LOL...now thats cheap!!

!!!!! May we call him the german version of "cheap Charlie"...hahahahahahah

Hans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

OP, that "lifestyle" sounds neither healthy nor fun to me. Am I missing something? Since your budget breakdown is for food only, you could survive on the same amount in pretty much any other country (emphasis on survive), so I don't even see what makes Thailand stand out in your opinion.

You have a point actually, 250b is now about $12.50 Australian, you could buy food for that in one day, tinned food , bread, veggies etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Handsome Gardener said:
On 8/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I want to be like this, i enjoy living on the cheap, Thais actually trat me better when they know theres no money to ripoff, I meet genuine thais this way ,Not ones pretending to be my friends for money.

Did you never work for a living so your current 'lifestyle' wouldn't have to happen ?

Living as a grown man in such frugal conditions is nothing to be proud of IMO

nothing wrong about being frugal. the street food near my condo is quite good and also cheap. seafood fried rice 50 baht and so on.  som dom 35, i get 5 baht sticky rice because 10 baht is too much for me to eat. a plate of deep fried sea bass with sweet chilli sauce over rice is 70 baht. my condo is 98% thai and lots of high end cars in parking including benz, bmw, ferrari, lambo, etc etc. owners eat at same street food places i eat at.  if food is good, clean, close and cheap why bother waiting in traffic to go somewhere else?

i had a friend from a very wealthy family, grown man but enjoyed scouting the supermarkets for markdowns. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

a plate of deep fried sea bass with sweet chilli sauce over rice is 70 baht

Ahaha. dude that is disgusting Mekong river carp. Think about it who can buy a whole sea bass for 40 baht to make a profit ? don't worry your not the first to get it wrong

• Like 1