Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I just think its interesting among the doom and gloom that there is always someone who is giving it a go, no matter what the naysayers say.

Right on,I know people who have made a small fortune from a part share in a gogo bar ( mind you they started with a big one )

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I just think its interesting among the doom and gloom that there is always someone who is giving it a go, no matter what the naysayers say.

Perhaps simply committed before all this started..... anyone coming along later would bide their time, and very likely get a much better rental and lease deal, and not waste money having a bar not allowed to open. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps simply committed before all this started..... anyone coming along later would bide their time, and very likely get a much better rental and lease deal, and not waste money having a bar not allowed to open. 

Good point re timing, could well have been in process when the current problems hit.

I like ScubScuba's ^^ relay analogy, first guy out the blocks starts with baton and tries to establish a lead ahead of the opposition, normally he hands over the baton and on and on, however in the current climate I think he'll reach the first bend and no one is there to pass it on to.

I wish him luck, I think he might need some in the current bar zombie apocalypse 

4 hours ago, kinyara said:

however in the current climate I think he'll reach the first bend and no one is there to pass it on to.

More like he's now running the marathon, and carrying a baton.   ????

• Like 1

Saw a pick-up this morning emptying the fixtures and fittings of a little bar round the corner from me. Wasn't my faavourite bar but it was my favourite hairdresser, which the lady did as well. Feel very sorry for her,nice woman as were here staff. 

Will need to find a new one now. 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, kinyara said:

Saw a pick-up this morning emptying the fixtures and fittings of a little bar round the corner from me. Wasn't my faavourite bar but it was my favourite hairdresser, which the lady did as well. Feel very sorry for her,nice woman as were here staff. 

Will need to find a new one now. 

I have already exchanged phone numbers or instant message apps with my salon lady and told her if / when she comes back to let me know.  I did the same with an old Thai lady that mends clothes.  She does a good job hemming new trousers.  My driver has gone back to Issan, but for obvious reasons I have had no need to go to the airport, but I told him to let me know when he was back in town.  Motorbike mechanic is still in town, but bike is not due for a service for sometime.  My masseuse (proper massage) went back to Issan, also told her to let me know when she is back. 

It took a while to build a rapport with these people.  I hope they all make it back to Pattaya, and continue where they left off, when this is over.  I also hope the majority of my favorite places are still operating, but I can't see them all surviving.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

My masseuse (proper massage) went back to Issan, also told her to let me know when she is back.

My masseuse came round to my house yesterday and did 5 of us in a block booking.

My seamstress continued throughout. Started making bespoke masks and has made a killing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

My masseuse came round to my house yesterday and did 5 of us in a block booking.

My seamstress continued throughout. Started making bespoke masks and has made a killing.

My masseuse who does in calls is still here.  I called her some time ago and she said she was quite busy.  She's not as good as the other girl, but still pretty good.  She probably shouldn't have told me she was busy, because due to the risk of infection, I didn't book a massage with her. 

Some people / businesses have seen more customers and profits since all this started.  Good luck to them. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, TaaSaparot said:

What was Buakhao Bistro, has suddenly became "Senor Taco" "Mexican Taqueria"

They put a fair bit of money in Baukhao Bistro some time ago.  Do you know if it is change of theme, or change of owner and theme?

On 5/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, TaaSaparot said:

What was Buakhao Bistro, has suddenly became "Senor Taco" "Mexican Taqueria"

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

They put a fair bit of money in Baukhao Bistro some time ago.  Do you know if it is change of theme, or change of owner and theme?

Walked into Buakhao Bistro one night and turned round again and walked out....some diners having finished their meal were smoking...bad enough in any restaurant never mind a tiny place like that...hopefully if new owners have taken over it will be outlawed....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, petermik said:

Walked into Buakhao Bistro one night and turned round again and walked out....some diners having finished their meal were smoking...bad enough in any restaurant never mind a tiny place like that...hopefully if new owners have taken over it will be outlawed....:thumbsup:

I'll make a note. Smoking alowed in Buakhao Bistro..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Out of common courtesy, don't most smokers just pop outside and have a smoke these days, regardless of whether it's permitted, or not?

I certainly do, I wouldn't even smoke inside my own house. However, no smoking on the beach is a ridiculous rule that I know puts tourists off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

It is the mess they leave behind that is the problem, so I say make smokers go to a smoking location where they dispose of things better. 

You mean like the smoking rooms at airports!

18 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Out of common courtesy, don't most smokers just pop outside and have a smoke these days, regardless of whether it's permitted, or not?

90% of smokers do not understand what courtesy is....:sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2