Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

Update from Naklua Rd.

The Barracuda Bar became the Barracuda Restaurant and has now become the Best Restaurant.

Ryans Bar has moved, but only into the premises next door (Tiger Bar?) and is now Ryans Sports Bar.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A comment I read, said to come from the owner, stated they had only traded for 6 months.

It shutdown/was put up for sale early last year only to reopen a few months later..new owners or not I do not know ????

7 minutes ago, moontang said:

Possibly, the worst theme for a F&B place, that I have seen this century.

Thais are obsessed with these cute Coffee Shops that serve food, like they see in the Movies & TV.

Unfortunately, they are always more style over substance and do not last long.

IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Thais are obsessed with these cute Coffee Shops that serve food, like they see in the Movies & TV.

Unfortunately, they are always more style over substance and do not last long.

IMHO

True.  I thought it might even be a Brit place, given their obsession with canned beans, but nothing like a well decorated coffee shop with four customers per day..or fewer.  I would be surprised if it sees 2021, but have been wrong before.

Edited by moontang

On 6/22/2020 at 7:08 AM, TaaSaparot said:

The owner of the "world famous Dogs <deleted>" has changed the bar to a restaurant and re-named it 'Number One June'

That's a shame attended many a mensa meeting in there.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A comment I read, said to come from the owner, stated they had only traded for 6 months.

yes. last owner from September. sweethearts name and same building for about 15 yrs. remember it being in one of the pattaya pool leagues when I played for a competing bar along the boocow around 2005/06/07

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

That's a shame attended many a mensa meeting in there.

weren't there MENSA meetings in all the pattaya bars, everyday, or am I thinking of self-righteousness...? 

On 6/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, Ron jeremy said:

Yes there are some expats in pattaya and area that have money, dress appropriately, and eat at finer establishments. Thumbs up to them!????It's nice to dine in their company. 

A couple of weeks ago I went past La Ferme on Naklua and they had a sign up saying closed until 30th August, but on Saturday there seemed to be customers in at least part of it - but it could have been a spillover from La Baguette next door which was packed.

Edited by crobe

23 minutes ago, crobe said:

A couple of weeks ago I went past La Ferme on Naklua and they had a sign up saying closed until 30th August, but on Saturday there seemed to be customers in at least part of it - but it could have been a spillover from La Baguette next door which was packed.

Went past La Ferme today and a big banner outside stating opening date of 6th July.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 11:23 AM, champers said:

Update from Naklua Rd.

The Barracuda Bar became the Barracuda Restaurant and has now become the Best Restaurant.

Ryans Bar has moved, but only into the premises next door (Tiger Bar?) and is now Ryans Sports Bar.

Perhaps The Nightwish Group will rename the 28 bars they have on Soi 6 to restaurants, offering private dining rooms upstairs.  ????

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:22 PM, Sid Vicious said:

The likes of Pig and Whistle died with 7 & 8 years ago. Not only that it was dull boarding depressing. Who wants to look at copper kettles and brass horseshoes sitting in old fashioner booths. It was a prime candidate for Kitchen Nightmares it needed completely updating and revamping. The days of the <deleted>-hole bars are also over. People want more bang for their buck not sitting in some <deleted> falling apart place with holes in the floor, disgusting toilets with a oblong shaped bar in the middle with stools around it staring at the bar girls with loud <deleted> music. Pattaya is changing that's all and if you don't like it then tough that's how it is. The rubbish is being flushed out that's whats imminent. The likes of Retox was all about flipping to retards from day 1.

What bars do you recommend then? 

And can you explain "flipping to retards" please. 

2 minutes ago, rott said:

What bars do you recommend then? 

And can you explain "flipping to retards" please. 

Sorry, silly questions he hasn't been on since 16th April. Having joined on 7th March. 

On 6/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Sweethearts Bar on Soi Buakhao has thrown the towel in.

Many bar owners will be handing the keys back and walking away, but some bar owners may use this opportunity to look for a premises with cheaper rent, or in a better location, or both.

A business may cease to operate out of a particular building, but that may not mean a business ceases to operate.   

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Many bar owners will be handing the keys back and walking away, but some bar owners may use this opportunity to look for a premises with cheaper rent, or in a better location, or both.

A business may cease to operate out of a particular building, but that may not mean a business ceases to operate.   

So you keep going on and on about.

Best to just stick to facts IMO

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

So you keep going on and on about.

Best to just stick to facts IMO

The facts are unknown at this stage.  It's currently speculation, by all posters, except for a few reports of official permanent closures. 

That said, it it doesn't look good for a high percentage of bars and restaurants to remain open here. 

All will be revealed in the near future. 

If I was in the game over here then I would see what the rents are like on empty places & then be asking my landlord to match these or even better them if I'd been a long term & reliable tenant.

It's a buyer's market & will be for a considerable amount of time