New traffic laws explained: DUI could be 2 points or as much as 4

rooster59

Does the 12 points ever reset (assuming you don't reach it)?   I mean is the 12 points like a lifetime limit.  Points systems I've been use to reset after so many years.  Like say every 5 years...if you had accumulated say 9 of 12 points over a 5 year period then at the 5 year point you reset to 0 points. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In cases where drivers are very drunk or injuries are caused three or even four points can be taken away. 

Next time I go for a health check, I'll just show the doctor this article; save him asking why my blood pressure is so high.

• Like 1

I tried the new APP mentioned in the article. The first problem, written in Thai only. Not unusual so I navigated through that and set up a password. Then the final hurdle was the APP wanted me to take a QR code, presumably from my Thai driving licence. But there is no QR code on the licence! So, the APP looks like it is not useful at all!!

Edited by grahambkk
spelling
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

You are absolutely right. But unfortunately, you are comparing apples and pears, i.e. a developed nation and a banana republic. Or should that be "banana kingdom" or "banana authoritarian dictatorship"?

many months ago ANT got a whopping fime of 84k G B P and 20 month ban for D U I..

the fine was based on what he earns....

14 minutes ago, grahambkk said:

I tried the new APP mentioned in the article. The fist problem, written in Thai only. Not unusual so I navigated through that and set up a password. Then the final hurdle was the APP wanted me to take a QR code, presumably from my Thai driving licence. But there is no QR code on the licence! So, the APP looks like it is not useful at all!!

where are you....YOUR in Thailand...or trying something connected to Thailand !!!

This is legal language LOL.

perhaps for good. ( loss of license)

DUI could be 2 points or as much as 4

and there is more;

Though the law starts on September 20th there will be campaigns starting on October 1st.

The full enforcement is expected to be made towards the end of the year. 

Does this mean September and October are just trial dates and sometime at the end of the year a new date for real implementation will be issued.

Seems the same architects behind the TM 30 are now playing with license issues. Total mess. The road carnage will still be the same.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pib said:

Does the 12 points ever reset (assuming you don't reach it)?   I mean is the 12 points like a lifetime limit.  Points systems I've been use to reset after so many years.  Like say every 5 years...if you had accumulated say 9 of 12 points over a 5 year period then at the 5 year point you reset to 0 points. 

They havent worked that criteria out yet, still in discussion with Mercedes drivers.

• Like 1

Hmmm ... 3 or 4 points for drunk driving.

Not in love with Aussie penalties due driving over the set limit ?

Does LOS have alcohol blood limits? Being a non drinker I’m not up to date with whether LOS does or not?

if they don’t they I respectfully suggest they get their collective legislative and judicial <deleted> into gear and make this law and enforce it!

points fir driving drunk what a farce ... suspension fines of significant size and even jail if repeat offender.