TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

Why do they not make a convenient app for smartphones (iphones and Android) ?

Why do they not make an efficient and functionning website with user friendly interface to comply ?

Because they hate farange and just want to continue harassing....and as nobody really reacts...might as well continue the extorsion...

• Like 1

If the Immigration system was really efficient the majority of stuff could be done online, all documentation could be scanned and sent too a central office. I am sure Electronic Gates could also be introduced at the airports but that would mean thousands of I.O. out of a job and as we know Thailand is a labour and paperwork place so it’s not going too happen.

even when I was working (totally legally, work permit issued by Thai reg co.) as a marine electrician in phuket, I was still forced to exit and return the country every 3 months; and this was in 2007. pure revenue raising. when I was threatened with violence whilst working in the yacht haven, by male thai yoof; the "security" told me I should go. much sniggering etc as per usual

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've always done TM 30 when I had to. I fail to see why it is so offensive, unless people choose to be offended by minor <deleted> in their life.

No one forced any of us to live in Thailand and it's always been the case long as I visited/lived there. No one can claim ignorance of the law as an excuse.

Seems to me that this is the proverbial storm in the proverbial teacup, and much ado about nothing ( serious ).

You forgot to say “if you don’t like it you go back you country”

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

So dont worry about tm30 or anything dear and be happy. ????

Dude I am not Thai just read the <deleted> written above. Relax and be happy

Of course we all don't care what you are & never said you were ????

But, Same as calling a Katoi a she I say "your country" as your brown nosing apologizing your way thru this thread.

Edited by mania

10 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

Fair or not, don’t expect Thais to be happy about foreigners like myself coming in and buying up all their best land. Because that is precisely what has happened in Phuket. The average networth of Farangs in Phuket is probably $100 million US which makes even the hi-so Thais look poor. 

Come now this is not like comparing Phuket to Hawaii

It is not like foreigners are buying up all the best land in their own names not opening businesses 100% in their own names etc etc

Talk about fair or not....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I've never filed a TM30 for living in my own condo and it's never been required.

So if I show up for my extension next time and that's a problem, can I just pay a fine? If so, how much?

Like all things Thai Imm related it seems to vary ...but seems 800-2000 baht is often mentioned

Edited by mania

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I've never filed a TM30 for living in my own condo and it's never been required.

So if I show up for my extension next time and that's a problem, can I just pay a fine? If so, how much?

Ask yourself  this.....do i want a receipt or  not? no receipt 800 receipt 1600+

3 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Ask yourself  this.....do i want a receipt or  not? no receipt 800 receipt 1600+

If you pay the fine do they still want the freakin' form? I would be happy to pay them off annually to avoid this silliness. 

I have just shared this to my Facebook page, you lot, all you Europeans, Aussies, Kiwi's, our friendly American allies, you guys from Ireland, infact the whole chuffing world that live here long time can post this on your Facebook pages for all your family and friends to see, let the world know what a pain it is, get cracking chaps & chapesses. ????

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49470726

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I get a 30 day VOA. Thais must apply in advance from Thailand. They get no VOA. So no. Not like us in Thailand. What do you think?

Tell you what I think.

I think that Asian countries such as Singapore or Japan can travel without a visa to most places on this planet, including US and Schengen (90 days exemptions).

The reason Thailand is not in that position is simply because it's underdeveloped.

It mostly has to do with GDP per capita.

However, developed Western economies get a 30 day visa waiver in Thailand.

Many other Asian countries (Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan), are more generous and give a 90 day visa exemption to EU/US/AUS citizens.

Thailand decided THEY want money from tourism, so they give visa exemptions.

They can withdraw them anytime as far as I am concerned, it's their internal policy.

Or they can go the Vietnam way (the Vietnam of 10 years ago, that is, because Vietnam is moving in the other direction now, increasing their visa exempt durations).

How's that fair for Vietnam then? Vietnamese need visas in many places, right?

I would not say "thank you" for 30 days. People get more days in other places.

Edited by lkv

On 8/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, Peterw42 said:

It works fine for anyone who is registered. Why make stuff up ?

I am reporting / repeating what many people have said on this and other sites. If it's working 100% and if it goes wrong and we don't get fined for it not working, i will be happy to use it.

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

Good and i hope it continues to do so. But there are many reports that it is not working. 
If it is not working will immigration still fine us?

I have only seen reports of people waiting to get a password.

Its only 8am and 17,000 people have used it already today, it must be working for the majority.

image.png.0d3e5ff432e78a422fd37764619c0e96.png

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its only 8am and 17,000 people have used it already today, it must be working for the majority.

Good.

And if it does not work, will they still fine us?

• Like 1

Signed up a couple of days ago. I'm not expecting to get my user name or password for a while.

I'm not so concerned with it either, I think that TV and many of it's members has made this a "the sky's falling" Issue.

I've brought this up with allot of my expat friends and they said what, TM30?

I for one, am not going to get all caught up in this hysteria.

(19 year expat)

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

Good.

And if it does not work, will they still fine us?

The same as online 90 day reports, if the system is down or wont process your report, it would probably say so and advise to report manually at immigration office.

I imagine a fine would still be forthcoming if you dont submit a TM30 using one of the available options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, highonthai said:

Signed up a couple of days ago. I'm not expecting to get my user name or password for a while.

I'm not so concerned with it either, I think that TV and many of it's members has made this a "the sky's falling" Issue.

I've brought this up with allot of my expat friends and they said what, TM30?

I for one, am not going to get all caught up in this hysteria.

(19 year expat)

It comes down to your local immigration office, for many its not an issue as the local office doesn't enforce, for others its enforced for every trip to immigration.

one of the most stupid things the thai imm has done in the last 20 years, the 12 month visa extension and 90 day reporting is not enough for these imbesiles they now have to generate a few more warehouses full of useless paper, Thai imm grow up and get into the present, a more useless pack of idiots i have never seen.

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Is that counter including hotels?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Good read. This linked article expains also how traditional values and "Thainess" are encouraged nowadays.

SPECIAL REPORT: How the junta misused culture to boost ‘Thai-ism’

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30346263

Edited by lkv
  • Thanks 1