Collapse us if you can, government dares Brexit opponents

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

My friend I'm European too and there is a certain amount of trolling leavers in my post. And not all Brits are the same. Please accept my hand of European friendship (no irony). I am ashamed of many of my fellow countrymen. 

555 I did understand the sarcasm.....

But really, if Europeans could vote on Brexit, I don't think the UK would stand a chance to remain.

Europeans want no more exceptions to labour laws, no more rebates, no more temporizing; euro and Schengen for all.

I never liked Charles de Gaulle too much, but he was right -in the sixties- when he twice told the UK:  N O N

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

But really, if Europeans could vote on Brexit, I don't think the UK would stand a chance to remain.

Europeans want no more exceptions to labour laws, no more rebates, no more temporizing; euro and Schengen for all.

I never liked Charles de Gaulle too much, but he was right -in the sixties- when he twice told the UK:  N O N

Don't give up on us just yet - mon ami. ????

Image result for eu hand of friendship uk

• Like 1

Time to hit the streets with the first order of business being toss the old lady and the rest of that motley crue out of the Palace.  To the Tower with the bunch of them.  She has failed the people. J.C., it's for you to take your place in history in these Cromwellian times.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Jacob William Rees-Mogg do have lot in common.

Their wealthy backgrounds, privileged upbringing, education at Eton and Oxford, etc., etc..

Plus, of course, Rees-Mogg's devious plotting to depose May which led to Johnson becoming PM.

Yes, very easy to see why Johnson rewarded Rees-Mogg.

yes can we please have T May back and give Corbyn the spare room in No10 - call it No10b - how much more of a complete cluster could the pair make of our "Great Nation (including Scotland)"

Boris is a breath of fresh air 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Sorry.

I am European.

I wish the British would <deleted> off.

The sooner the better.

Unfortunately, the EU is not democratic enough to give us a choice, so there will not be a referendum to vote British in or out.

oh forgot to mention - have you been to Greece for a holiday lately

• Haha 1

We know what the British voters thought about Brexit 3 years ago. 

In the meantime the British people learned more about Brexit and the E.U..

We will never know how they would vote now, as there will be no 2d. referendum. 

Brexit will take place on 31 October 2019, based on a vote which took place on 23 June 2016, with the promises and facts from then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

They hate the toffs and they hate the proles. So where do the Remainers place themselves? Above everybody else is the probable answer. They are the chattering classes and new labour - the scourge of the twenty first century.
Out voted by the masses and now out smarted by Boris!!

37% is the masses? lol

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RickBradford said:

You don't know the mathematics or the logic.

Since 'No Deal Brexit' wasn't on the referendum paper, how could anyone have voted for it? ????

Because three years ago, nobody thought Brexit could be such a mess and a disturbance for us non British , so they didn't speak of " no deal "

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldhippy said:

De Gaulle was an ungrateful racist who craved dominance for France. He quite rightly understood that the UK and Germany would likely prevent France cheating and bullying their own agendas and dominating other members. 

Which also explains Macron's eagerness to get the UK out.

At some point Germany will get fed up paying for French arrogance and self interest. Then the sparks will fly. Only this time the UK and the US are likely to leave them to it!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bannork said:

I think I know the maths- only 37% of the electorate voted for Brexit.

And of that 37%, zero % voted for a No Deal Brexit.

Yadayadayada.....and only 35% voted to stay in the EU, so your point is what exactly?????

Everyone who voted for Brexit voted for a no deal Brexit. Look at the question....it is on wiki. It says "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

It asks nothing about deals.....it is simply in or out.

The possibility of deals came up after the referendum as a trick for Remainers to thwart democracy.

My own personal opinion is that they should now make a law that in any referendum, to alter the stats quo would need a majority of a certain size, say 10% or a 2/3 majority. But that isn't what the people were told or promised.

Edited by Pedrogaz
addition of text
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Everyone who voted for Brexit voted for a no deal Brexit. Look at the question....it is on wiki. It says "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?" //

Thanks to remind ThaiVisa's members that

the Referendum never talked about quitting the customs union or the single market ...

16 hours ago, evadgib said:

Yet again 'TBW' is receiving wall-to-wall coverage before she has even licked the stamp while Robin Tilbrook is completely de-platformed:

It is quite obvious to anyone who has been following the Culture War that he has been deplatformed because the people in charge of Big Tech (Google, Facebook) are living in an echo chamber of "progressive" thinkers. 

He's not the only one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Indeed, Cameron's bs about honoring the result left with him, it was not his to promise. The British Parliament is not tied by what any other has done before, otherwise we would never have repealed the corn laws. 

“A government which is frightened of parliament is frightened of democracy, and I hope that every member of parliament in feeling this humiliation will use every legal and constitutional weapon, to obstruct a government proposing to force on the British people a historic change for which they have long since lost any mandate. To abandon parliamentary scrutiny is a constitutional affront.  Britain has helped to change Europe from Fascist and Communist dictatorships to Parliamentary democracies, and now I am told by the leader and the cabinet, that we were all wrong – that we now must become some subordinate vassal state to the United States.”   Michael Hestletine.

I am reminded that whatever happens the weight of public opinion is now against Brexit, and this trend is only increasing with Demographic change. No deal Brexit now attracts under 25% support (Times, Sunday Times). Forcing through a change which is no longer the “Will of the people” is the act of a despot. That it is no longer the “Will of the people” is blindingly obvious from the fact that they are trying to force it through. Even the most deluded of Brexiteers must know this in their hearts. They have been rumbled, the lies we were told about Europe are out in the open for all to see. They may win the current battle, but they have lost the war. In the near future, if necessary, the youth can reverse Brexit, and rejoin.

Take courage Mes braves, this is an act of desperation, making it totally clear that they are indeed running scared.

BTW anyone who wants to mention Hestletine's agricultural subsidies, don't bother, we have read it many times before, TV posters do have a boredom threshold. Rule out anyone with vested interests having an opinion, and the leaders of Brexit would be mute, among many others of course.

Demographic change that is being engineered by the people who want to see a One World Government which they can use to suppress opposition. 

Open your eyes. That's why Brexit and Trump 2016 happened. The "deplorables" (mostly white working class males) are telling you that they have had enough but remoaners and the left wing of the Democrat party have still to wake up to that fact. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1