UK lawmakers against no-deal Brexit to bring forward legislation

webfact

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It was abundantly clear... leave or stay in.... the options then would be thrashed out by politicians... and we all know what they're like ! 

Can't organise a <deleted>-up in a brewery !

Why keep repeating the same thing when it is very, very clear that is not true. Quite a few posters on here have indicated they voted to leave but want a deal, others have said the only way to leave it with no deal. Now someone says ' This is what I, and I'm sure most leave supporters voted for. ', which is a clear admission it is not clear what people voted for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So wouldn't a confirmatory vote agreed deal vs remain be the democratic thing to do? You and your fellow Brexiteers seem convinced that Brexit would win that even more convincingly, so what's the problem?

Luckily I live in a detatched bungalow. Probably not a problem for you either. Do they have balconies in Nakon Nowhere?

A confirmatory vote....????......Tell me, does the UK do that after every general election, you know, just to make sure...?

PS. I do have a balcony attached to my bedroom upstairs, but must confess I will have to look up where Nakon Nowhere is, I don't live there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Why keep repeating the same thing when it is very, very clear that is not true. Quite a few posters on here have indicated they voted to leave but want a deal, others have said the only way to leave it with no deal. Now someone says ' This is what I, and I'm sure most leave supporters voted for. ', which is a clear admission it is not clear what people voted for.

What on earth are you going on about.....?  ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Those in your can't vote section are irrelevant. Those in the "couldn't be bother to leave the sofa" section don't deserve any consideration. (Probably 27% of those would probably have voted to leave anyway.) Therefore the majority of the people eligible to vote voted to leave.

those who couldnt be bothered to leave the sofa are the most significant if they can be convinced to leave the sofa

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Unfortunately again a one-liner from transam and no answer to anything raised in a post.

There is nothing to answer too, you are doing the same stuff as folk you are chastising.....Circles, going round in circles.....

I can repeat that for a couple more lines if you like..????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Those in your can't vote section are irrelevant. Those in the "couldn't be bother to leave the sofa" section don't deserve any consideration. (Probably 27% of those would probably have voted to leave anyway.) Therefore the majority of the people eligible to vote voted to leave.

Probably a load of nonsense 

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

But the vote 3 years ago was not to leave with no deal, if you are trying to tell people that you are gaslighting them. That is not the democracy leavers keep saying we should respect, it's the old switch and bait con.

We are only heading towards no deal because the incompetent leavers insisted on invoking article 50 without a plan. Now they want to convince people that what they voted for so they don't get the blame when it all goes wrong.

Why must we charge on ahead over the cliff?  

Same ol' from Mr. Wiggles.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The agreement has already been signed. It was a UN initiative. The EU per say were not involved. However, the UK did sign on to the agreement, however, several other EU countries, including Italy didn't sign the agreement.. Nothing to do with Brexit or the EU.

You really don't have a clue do you?

Well, you know... UN, EU, same same! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tebee said:

But the vote 3 years ago was not to leave with no deal, if you are trying to tell people that you are gaslighting them. That is not the democracy leavers keep saying we should respect, it's the old switch and bait con.

We are only heading towards no deal because the incompetent leavers insisted on invoking article 50 without a plan. Now they want to convince people that what they voted for so they don't get the blame when it all goes wrong.

Why must we charge on ahead over the cliff?  

You are deviating, you asked about another referendum, do you think there would be a point to one if they are going to ignore it if they don't get the answer they want?

13 minutes ago, transam said:

There is nothing to answer too, you are doing the same stuff as folk you are chastising.....Circles, going round in circles.....

I can repeat that for a couple more lines if you like..????

If you feel there is nothing to answer to, don't answer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are deviating, you asked about another referendum, do you think there would be a point to one if they are going to ignore it if they don't get the answer they want?

My point is you can't validly use the 2016 referendum to support leaving with no deal as the will of the people. it's not and never has been.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The agreement has already been signed. It was a UN initiative. The EU per say were not involved. However, the UK did sign on to the agreement, however, several other EU countries, including Italy didn't sign the agreement.. Nothing to do with Brexit or the EU.

You really don't have a clue do you?

My point was that if EU introduces legal frameworks or new legislation, unknown at the time of UK becoming EU-members, should Brexiters have the right to demand a "people's vote" to decide whether UK should stay or not, but I guess you didn't get that. Either.

I should also point out that UK did in fact endorse the agreement and voted to adopt the Global Compact on Migration on 19 December 2018.

In response to a written parliamentary question, Lord Bates confirmed on 8 January 2019 that Mr Burt had attended the intergovernmental launch event in Marrakesh in December 2018, representing the UK Government. He explained that the UK had voted in favour of the UN General Assembly Resolution to adopt the GCM on 19 December 2018 and had issued an Explanation of Vote to set on the record its interpretation of the text (see section 5.4). His response also provided a link to a summary of the Explanation on the UN website. This was actually a summary of positions expressed by a range of countries at the UN General Assembly on 19 December

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8459/CBP-8459.pdf

But what do you care about facts...:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

My point was that if EU introduces legal frameworks or new legislation, unknown at the time of UK becoming EU-members, should Brexiters have the right to demand a "people's vote" to decide whether UK should stay or not, but I guess you didn't get that. Either.

I should also point out that UK did in fact endorse the agreement and voted to adopt the Global Compact on Migration on 19 December 2018.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8459/CBP-8459.pdf

But what do you care about facts...:coffee1:

So the UK was present, the Uk agreed but you still feel the need to blame the EU because you don't agree with it.

BTW, the YouTube video you gave earlier was hardly proof, it was the opinion of one person. I'd be much more interested in what the media have to say, they are usually very assertive when it comes to their rights.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, you know... UN, EU, same same! ????

Well, you know... there is no UN Parliament that has declared it's intention to take an active role and legislate.

So in case you can't differentiate between UN and EU, here's your chance to learn.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2017/614638/EPRS_BRI(2017)614638_EN.pdf

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If you feel there is nothing to answer to, don't answer.

I see nothing wrong with me posting, in fact it is great fun reading the few "remainers" posts...

Wonder how Bomber is getting on in Portugal, hope he is OK, I do miss his input..

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The agreement has already been signed. It was a Un initiative. The EU per say were not involved. However, the UK did sign on to the agreement. Nothing to do with Brexit or the EU.

But the EU does become affected due to its free movement "pillar". It is also becomes affected when it allows influential leaders like Merkel to dictate immigration policy, even temporarily.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Our representative democracy has parliament has the sovereign body. Not the executive. A misbehaving government can, and has, been brought down by a no confidence vote including MP's of its own party. By changing this, they are trying to make the government and the ruling party the sovereign body. MPs are representatives, not delegates. This has very dangerous connotations and will no doubt give Corbyn and the militant left ideas.

I agree with what you say overall, and well put , but please note - the militant left already got there, they have been trying to deselect any MPs who don't worship the Messiah for a few years already. Fortunately a large part of the party have woken up to the fact that Corbyn's childish Europhobia is a millstone round the party's neck, possibly too late.

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

I suppose we should count our blessings by having an opposition led by Corbyn.

He probably won't last that long, you'll never get so lucky again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I agree with what you say overall, and well put , but please note - the militant left already got there, they have been trying to deselect any MPs who don't worship the Messiah for a few years already. Fortunately a large part of the party have woken up to the fact that Corbyn's childish Europhobia is a millstone round the party's neck, possibly too late.

He probably won't last that long, you'll never get so lucky again.

So why has the Labour party done nothing about it/him, and the even bigger question is why was he voted leader in the first place...?  We ALL know his history.....