Three Brits Kicked Out of Thailand

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems case 3 is someone living pretty much continuously in los lately without correct visa. 

That's not correct. Work Permits for 18 years. Retirement visas for 5 years. But he's switched between the two and tourist visas.

• Like 2

I dont think that lawbiding people are getting throwned out of Thailand but drunks, overstayers criminals on one or another way they are throwned out fortunately...

So no problem for me..... This seems to be lowclass people anyhow....

Case 1 - overstayed dont understand why you mention this one at all....

Case 2 - criminal     "        "           "               "                "

Case 3 - no comments dont know and cant guess...

glegolo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Married with kids seems like he could easily have obtained a Non-O and extension. Of course he would need the funds and proof of relationship. Must be lacking in some respect.  

Correct- But switching between Work Permits and Retirement Visas take time.

Funds were never an issue. Proof of relationship never an issue.

Immigration just said they didn't care about that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

I dont think that lawbiding people are getting throwned out of Thailand but drunks, overstayers criminals on one or another way they are throwned out fortunately...

So no problem for me..... This seems to be lowclass people anyhow....

Case 1 - overstayed dont understand why you mention this one at all....

Case 2 - criminal     "        "           "               "                "

Case 3 - no comments dont know and cant guess...

glegolo

Well the news is that law abiding people are being thrown out. Case three doesn't drink. Doesn't take drugs. Has never overstayed. He also worked for one of the biggest multinational companies in the world in Thailand. All the cases have been mentioned to show that Thailand does attract the wrong kind of person.

57 minutes ago, Andy25 said:

Case three answered: If you’d gone to England, lived and worked there for thirty years, paid all taxes, married an English girl and had children, and spent a million pounds my country could give you free citizenship, free national health, and a pension.

Not automatically. I know of some one just like this. Thai lady married to a Brit. Lived and worked in UK for over 20 years. Has kids and grand kids there. Came to retire to Thailand 8 years ago. Now decided that the exchange rate is hurting too much and they wish to move back to UK to be with family.

Thought it was a simple process of buying tickets and returning. They have now found out that the wife left UK with only ILR and no citizenship. She now has to get a visitor visa to go to UK.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andy25 said:

That's not correct. Work Permits for 18 years. Retirement visas for 5 years. But he's switched between the two and tourist visas.

In most civilized countries, if you live there for 5 years or longer, you can apply for citizenship, or at least permanent residency, and get it. Especially if you are married to a citizen of that country. No need to juggle visas anymore.

In Thailand this is not really a realistic option, no matter how long you are here, no matter if you're married or have children, you're always at the mercy of an IO to let you back in, or not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yuyiinthesky said:

In most civilized countries, if you live there for 5 years or longer, you can apply for citizenship, or at least permanent residency, and get it. Especially if you are married to a citizen of that country. No need to juggle visas anymore.

In Thailand this is not really a realistic option, no matter how long you are here, no matter if you're married or have children, you're always at the mercy of an IO to let you back in, or not.

I knew before I moved here that Thailand is a xenophobic country - because I did my homework

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Yup, it's pretty clear the OP hates Thailand. 

My guess is he was "Case Three"...

"Between 1992 and 2018 he switched between work permits, retirement visas, tourist visas, work permits, and tourist visas."

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

Number 3 had been here long enough to set himself up pretty good, why in the last years of his life has it all fallen apart. He should have been able to transition into a marriage visa with the money in the bank. Why should immigration care about your history when you are now out of compliance, there are plenty of people coming into Thailand who have their ducks in a roe, no need to waste time on people who cannot get it together. A someone mentioned earlier more to his history than the good guy account in the OP.

Good luck to all three in there new careers

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

My guess is he was "Case Three"...

Hating Thailand is not an issue but what i am looking for is people who have found themselves in the same position as case three and what they did about it? If everybody just turns a blind eye to these situations what will it be like in ten years? Something is not right and needs to be checked.

• Confused 1