Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Such laws are unenforceable.

If you have a woman in to do your cleaning no EU nor UK official is ever gonna turn up and tell you how much you've gotta pay her.

The same goes for painters, decorators and gardeners etc. I've never even heard of any such officials.

But...but....but....

The good old fashioned British ways? Fairness? The common good? All in it together?

Surely all that will come back soon as you shed off the shackles of the EU?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Today Boris is kicking of his election campaign (Sky News Westminster edition ) ….! ….Only he has no election yet …..Oh "Showdown Boris" to be named now ????

A minority P.M. with weak powers 

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Who came to make sure she was getting paid the minimum wage. I bet no one ever came nor did anyone examine her wage packet.

The minimum wage is just a deception which enables an employer to pay a paltry amount instead of a decent wage especially when there is an over abundance of exploitable cheap and willing labour.

Blair brought it in when he opened the flood gates.

She worked for a large service company who had a contract with my company. The requirement to pay minimum wage was in the contract.

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So then, now the English Nationalists are lost for what to do next (or at least their loon websites are). Plan B on these occasions is always to return to banging on about WW2 and Johnny Foreigner. You know the wheels are off when this kicks in.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't you know they did it whole alone by themselves ,nobody else involved , only they died and fought ...no one else !

And don't you dare to call that arrogance from hat group  !!

Lucky to mention there are still normal ones too 

Edited by david555

16 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

Well, an election is pretty much inevitable at this point, isn't it? Parliament says UK can't leave without a deal. And EU certainly isn't going to offer UK an acceptable deal while UK is forbidden by law from leaving anyway. So there is pretty much nothing that can happen from now until the start of November. Might as well start campaigning, right? 

How many deals you have bin proposed besides the one on table (Norway style , Canada + /++/+++, Common market ) etc, but it is always one thing in it or a party who does not like it this or that …., Only your own design …., like the club advantages but no rules or membership.... and by preference ….free 

The E.U. has it almost with the impossible present U.K. government 

BTW U.K. is free to leave ….with that deal or other , no checkless , don't spread that nonsense …..but could be empty handed ,no law to forbid U.K. to leave !! 

The E.U. is prepared full to Brexit , as now " the natural disaster fund " is half appointed for the E.U. country's who go suffer from Brexit ….. big releaf fund for direct hit countrys , just recent decided . 

You U.K. are on your own from moment 3 th country ...

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What good old fashioned British ways? What fairness or common good or all being in what together.

I think you're way off base here. Britain is more divided, more disunited, more crime ridden, more full of aliens who have no wish to integrate and more dangerous than ever it has been in all its recent history apart from the threat of the aerial bombing during WW2.

sarcasm dear chap, sarcasm

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

She worked for a large service company who had a contract with my company. The requirement to pay minimum wage was in the contract.

Why didn't you do the decent thing and insist on her getting a reasonable wage in the first place instead of the lousy mean spirited minimum wage.

Wasn't she worthy of it?

I used to have a lady help me with my cleaning in London. I gave her 30 - 35 quid for three hours work and I'm an OAP.

Just now, usviphotography said:

Well that is the rub. The British people voted to leave, but the elites didn't want it. The elites still control a majority in Parliament, so the UK can't leave. And as of right now, UK is not in fact free to leave. Parliament has effectively frozen current impasse until November when presumably new elections will be called. So as I pointed out, it is perfectly appropriate to begin campaigning. Not like there is anything else to do. 

Free from Europe , we are not responsible for your Boris or any other government keeping you hostage ... ...

BTW  I edited a big part ,you probably missed it ...

28 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So then, now the English Nationalists are lost for what to do next (or at least their loon websites are). Plan B on these occasions is always to return to banging on about WW2 and Johnny Foreigner. You know the wheels are off when this kicks in.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you a Johnny foreigner..?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

I saw only a few and recently - no excuse - but I am talking about the racist "labelling", which was all from remainers and before any of the comments came out that you refer to.  

I am not saying you are wrong; I am not saying that there have been no racist comments from Remainers. But it seems very strange to me that those who share my view that we are better in an international community than out of it should be making racist comments!

Perhaps you can provide some examples?

From my memory, all the racist, xenophobic and bigoted comments have come from the Brexit side, from extreme examples I mentioned earlier to less extreme ones like that from @yogi100's recent comment about Britain being full of aliens to the mild 'Johnny Foreigner' insult from @transam above.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I am not saying you are wrong; I am not saying that there have been no racist comments from Remainers. But it seems very strange to me that those who share my view that we are better in an international community than out of it should be making racist comments!

Perhaps you can provide some examples?

From my memory, all the racist, xenophobic and bigoted comments have come from the Brexit side, from extreme examples I mentioned earlier to less extreme ones like that from @yogi100's recent comment about Britain being full of aliens to the mild 'Johnny Foreigner' insult from @transam above.

Which just shows you do not read but want to call folk racists. Johnny foreigner came from the bloke I replied too. Get a life chap...

PS. In the past YOU have called me a racist over Muslim stuff when you haven't got a clue...And no, I am not supplying a link...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Which just shows you do not read but want to call folk racists. Johnny foreigner came from the bloke I replied too. Get a life chap...

@SheungWan wasn't calling anyone a 'Johnny Foreigner' but quoting those who do. Which prompted you to ask him if he was one.

Despite the many warnings from the mods that such questions about and comments on a posters nationality are irrelevant!

4 minutes ago, transam said:

PS. In the past YOU have called me a racist over Muslim stuff when you haven't got a clue...And no, I am not supplying a link...

No, pretty sure I haven't. Called you xenophobic; possibly. Called you Islamaphobic, almost certainly. But Racist? No, don't think so because, as you and those who share your views are so very fond of pointing out, Islam is a religion, not a race.

But what has that got to do with Brexit? Nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Aren't all Brits deep down? Norman, Saxon, Celtic, Welsh.

And in Central Europe we ae all Franken, Gaulle ,Germanen not forgetting the Romans with many subdivisions from "animal dressing skin times "...probably a touch of Viking too, and later more southern mix ????

So who is what ?....unless difference in culture...but original   we are Caucasians 

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

@SheungWan wasn't calling anyone a 'Johnny Foreigner' but quoting those who do. Which prompted you to ask him if he was one.

Despite the many warnings from the mods that such questions about and comments on a posters nationality are irrelevant!

No, pretty sure I haven't. Called you xenophobic; possibly. Called you Islamaphobic, almost certainly. But Racist? No, don't think so because, as you and those who share your views are so very fond of pointing out, Islam is a religion, not a race.

But what has that got to do with Brexit? Nothing.

Oh yes, usual get out clause, I used SW's words so no confusion...

You are no longer a moderator so lay off that stuff..

You have called me a racist in the past.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh yes, usual get out clause, I used SW's words so no confusion...

You are no longer a moderator so lay off that stuff..

You have called me a racist in the past.

I'm not going to fall into yet another of your obvious traps; so will simply refer you to the reply I gave earlier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1