Sharpie-gate? Trump shows apparently altered hurricane map

webfact

i'm from 'merka, and i care.

and i truly am impressed.

according to trump, he'd charge...unarmed....into a school in case of a heavily armed intruder shooting students. 

give the man credit for being the most bravest of all, bonespurs won't stop him........next time.

• Haha 1

"Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both."

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 795; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(G), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)
Edited by bristolboy
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Give the man a break. Its an alternative hurricane.

A fake new hurricane. Everyone knows that Trump does hurricanes so much bigger and better. If it was his own hurricane, it would have carried on all the way to Wyoming.

Quick - look over there everyone, Obama's birth certificate!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Yeah, nevermind that Trump may have broken the law with this pointless act of stupidity.  But hey, he's broken the law before and he will do it again.  He's the President, laws don't apply to him!

[President Donald Trump may have broken federal law by altering a map from the National Hurricane Center to lend credence to his false claim over the weekend that Alabama was in the path of Hurricane Dorian.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-may-have-broken-federal-law-by-altering-hurricane-dorians-path-on-a-map-to-validate-his-false-claim-that-it-could-hit-alabama/ar-AAGOdUv?ocid=wispr

while we are all having a good chuckle over this, he is pushing legislation that is destroying the environment.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Give the man a break. Its an alternative hurricane.

This would be funny if...

Kellyanne said it

the Bahamas hadn't been wiped out

people hadn't died

Carolinas arent't severely impacted

Comedy writing skills, 0/10, don't give up that day job.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

the president said: “I don’t know; I don’t know.”

I don't know...that is the first thing he's said I know to be true.

The extent of his lack of knowledge on anything he tweets or discusses is without boundaries.

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He still won't admit that all this very bad weather, all over

the World, could even be caused by global warming !

regards worgeordie

Looks like you are following the Government narrative Wongeordie? ????

What old map was that? As the photo in post #72 shows, there was no old map showing Alabama was threatened. The US weather service says it wasn't threatened. Trump didn't just hold up a map. Trump explicitly warned that Alabama was threatened. It wasn't. Only after that did he produce the doctored map. Stop making things up.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, usviphotography said:

I feel like I belong in a mental institution even replying to this inanity, but the photo in post #72 is from 5 days ago. Trump used that old map yesterday when talking about paths that the Hurricane didn't take. Hurricane Dorian was out at sea off the coast of Georgia at the time he gave that briefing. It is now nearly in to North Carolina. The Fake News media is losing its collective mind because of a mark on a five day old map that was only trotted out to show the path the storm wasn't taking. Do you understand how ridiculous this is now? 

Do you understand that the hurricane was never predicted to be a threat to Alabama?  And that Trump claimed it was?

"Asked about the altered hurricane forecast chart at a White House event on opioids Wednesday afternoon, Trump said his briefings included a “95 percent chance probability” that Alabama would be hit. When asked whether the chart had been drawn on, Trump said: “I don’t know; I don’t know.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/09/04/president-trump-shows-doctored-hurricane-chart-was-it-cover-up-alabama-twitter-flub/

Do you also understand that the map in post #72 was the same map that Trump used on Wednesday but this time with a section of Alabama included via a Sharpie?

19 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

I feel like I belong in a mental institution even replying to this inanity, but the photo in post #72 is from 5 days ago. Trump used that old map yesterday when talking about paths that the Hurricane didn't take. Hurricane Dorian was out at sea off the coast of Georgia at the time he gave that briefing. It is now nearly in to North Carolina. The Fake News media is losing its collective mind because of a mark on a five day old map that was only trotted out to show the path the storm wasn't taking. Do you understand how ridiculous this is now? 

Mental institution?

If the shoe fits.

2 plus 2 equals … 5

Trump’s insistence that his incorrect Alabama tweet was correct tips into the Orwellian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/05/trumps-insistence-that-his-incorrect-alabama-tweet-was-correct-tips-into-orwellian/

7 hours ago, samran said:

I've got a friend who used to work for the government and was a direct advisor to one of Trumps senor cabinet secretaries. There is a lot of truth in that he doesn't read very much, and that everything that was going to be sent to the president had to have minimal words and BIG pictures. Going by this, even that strategy doesn't work.

Sounds like one of those previous administrations hold overs! They just can't help themselves when it comes creating fake news,another he said she said

• Confused 1

Trump Altered Dorian Map to Show Storm Threatened Alabama

President Donald Trump was the one who used a black Sharpie marker to alter an official National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration map to include Alabama in Hurricane Dorian's trajectory during an Oval Office presentation earlier this week, The Washington Post reported.

"No one else writes like that on a map with a black Sharpie," a White House official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the Post.

Since Sunday, Trump has aggressively defended his false claim that Hurricane Dorian was likely to hit Alabama, even after the National Weather Service stressed that "no impacts from Hurricane Dorian will be felt across Alabama."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-04/trump-s-altered-dorian-map-shows-storm-threatening-alabama

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, how241 said:

Trump is OK...Sure, he acts differently than most other presidents but that's why he got elected.  

Trump is not OK … Trump is predominantly  infantile;  most other présidents usually are grownups, and if it's why he got elected, then that is the problem

• Thanks 1

Yes and if you've noticed that he's gotten even worse, you're correct, because in fact he has. "trump" getting worse quantified  --

Trump’s Wacky, Angry, and Extreme August

President Trump ended August as he began it, with a blast of angry tweets, ad-hominem insults, and bizarre fulminations that have become so standard that they no longer receive the attention they deserve—emanating, as they do, from the world’s most powerful leader.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/trumps-wacky-angry-and-extreme-august-twitter