The wife growing older in Thailand ....serious question

sidjameson

8 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Funny i shuold come across this thread after this last weekend. 

Let me explain.

Ive been with Mrs Nik, she's 4 years younger than me, for 14 years and things have changed for us. When I first met her, i was just so very attracted to her. we did connect, but for me it was just physical at first. 

Recently, I guess we've had some problems and stresses and her looks have been fading. Not to mention mine, i look in a mirror and wonder just what motivates her to make the first move in bed sometimes. 

So, Friday night, we sat down nd had a little drink or seven, played music and chatted. Turns out she's still the funny, slightly kookie lady I first met on Ko Samet all those years ago and we still connect. It was a great weekend!

I have frequented bars before (to my shame) and I a part of me would love a relationship with a cute young lady, but on a Friday / Saturday night there's no one Id rather spend time with than my wife. Not as hot, but still beautiful on the inside. I feel honoured that she still wants to hold my hand as Im getting older. 

Oh, she's also a great cook, gives great Thai massage and a great Mother to our son. I love her on a much deeper level now and would never change her.

You got lucky. 

I know a couple that married in middle age and for most of their marriage slept in separate rooms. For most, they get married for the wrong reason, and "love" doesn't last. If lucky, become friends, and if not, just inhabit the same house.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You got lucky. 

I know a couple that married in middle age and for most of their marriage slept in separate rooms. For most, they get married for the wrong reason, and "love" doesn't last. If lucky, become friends, and if not, just inhabit the same house.

thanks, i do feel lucky but should also mention that, like most people I guess, she does have a dark side. However, that does make things a little more interesting 55. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The poster you are speaking about, has a very poor opinion of women in general,

Goes both ways.

I worked with thousands of females in my career as a nurse over decades- not many male nurses, even now.

The things that they said about men were not always very nice, to put it politely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

have frequented bars before (to my shame) and I a part of me would love a relationship with a cute young lady, but on a Friday / Saturday night there's no one Id rather spend time with than my wife.

A bit of a contradiction here Nik 555.  Guess you better keep that "part of you" a secret from your wife.

So if you meet a thai lady on Koh Samet and get married that is honorable. (having a son had nothing to do with getting married of course) 

But if you meet a thai lady in a bar and have a relationship but do not marry her it is shameful? 

Come on man - give an old punter some respect 555

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

But if you meet a thai lady in a bar and have a relationship but do not marry her it is shameful? 

nothing of the sort Skally, i just feel a touch of guilt from my past bar exploits after meeting my good lady. I listen to the devil on my shoulder over the angel on my other shoulder sometimes. ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Your lady in the UK was in your words..... Insane mood swings, unbearable..... Well with your attitude towards woman, her behaviour was to be expected.

Dont be to fast to judge. This situation might be exactly where his attitude towards woman was created.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Just because he didn't dry the dishes properly?

For that he deserved insane screaming and her poking in Woking with the gardener?

Are you insane? do you have mood swings? Are you unbearable?

Do YOU dry the dishes properly?

The poster sounded a nice enough guy to me. You, on the other hand...........................

Lol do you not read any of britman2 posts 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I only ever got married to have kids.

I've no use for an infertile (or barren) woman.

I'm thinking there are many males here whose ideal would be a sterile orphan. No children to raise, not extended family to support. Well, just a reflection ... no, not applicable in my case.

• Like 1

Personally, I only rent. I tried ownership and it wasn't my cup of tea. She and I are STILL friends and friends we will always remain.  I've heard in some European countries it's quite acceptable for a man to have a little "strange on the side" as long as it's kept discreet. And isn't that the very definition of a "gick?" I have a friend in Jomtien whose Thai gf tells him she doesn't care if he plays around as long as he wears a raincoat and NEVER brings the gick home.

Yeah age doesn't matter if you got a love thing going and a good companionship going. As long as you are not smothered. she doesn't go batty and you have some freedom to go out and feel like a guy sometimes then turn around and go back home, then life is good. You have to be comfortable with who you are with and yourself. I have no more conquests. 

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

If you care about someone and their well being, looks don't really matter.

That is a typical comment from a male who gets verbally convinced of this by a deteriorating female partner.

This is not a western country.  It is not necessary to listen to or concur with such nonsense.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I only ever got married to have kids.

I've no use for an infertile (or barren) woman.

Well, an infertile woman is ideal for me as I do not want kids. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

I am similar to the poster that wrote that 30 years younger is his standard. For me, it is a straight out business arrangement, I like to have some eye candy on my arm and for that, I give the girl a better standard of living than she currently has.

Well, her looks ain't my problem anymore. 

She kinda threw a spanner in the works when she stole my money and sold my cars (to pay her gambling debt), then gave me Syphilis.

She must have known her physical lifespan was almost up and just went for it.

Single for life, babey!

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

If you care about someone and their well being, looks don't really matter...

I know my wife has aged over the last 20 years as have I - - however, when I look at her, I see the young 30 yr old I first met... 

If they really cared about you they'd take care of their looks.

Nobody has to be fat and shapeless, it's a personal choice.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If they really cared about you they'd take care of their looks.

Nobody has to be fat and shapeless, it's a personal choice.

Yeah, sorry, my wife is neither fat nor shapeless... she has gone from 42 to 44 kgs in 20 years... I have gained much more than that but it is not because I don't care about my wife... her face does look older, because she is older - not from lack of moisturizer... as I look older too... and I would guess you might have aged in the last 20 years as well, though your maturity level is left in the dust of yrs gone by... 

I actually like her as a person... though she is not by any means perfect. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lensta said:

Well, an infertile woman is ideal for me as I do not want kids. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

I am similar to the poster that wrote that 30 years younger is his standard. For me, it is a straight out business arrangement, I like to have some eye candy on my arm and for that, I give the girl a better standard of living than she currently has.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "age gap cartoon"

I admit that for me her looks are part of the equation - but she's still super-hot at 40, and her Mother looks OK too - so her durability should be good) and as I'm older than her I'll be past caring if she gets a little patina on her bodywork in a few years.

But of almost equal importance (call me shallow, but I'm a man)  is that she's been an absolute gem for the past 10 years, and for last few years she's been actively planning for when I retire.  

Some cynics may joke about her 'real plans' etc, but after 10 years together I think it's unlikely she'll undergo a massive change of character.

I know I'm not alone in finding a Thai girl with strong, natural caring instincts, as I know people who've been in loving, caring relationships for 30 years plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

That is a typical comment from a male who gets verbally convinced of this by a deteriorating female partner.

This is not a western country.  It is not necessary to listen to or concur with such nonsense.

Not really a topic ever discussed... by my "deteriorating female partner" - - don't people grow older in your world? 

This is not a western country. 

Wow.. I see you are really insightful! How long after getting off the plane did that take to figure out? 

It is not necessary to listen to or concur with such nonsense.

Your insightfulness is only shadowed by your shallowness... 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

as I look older too... and I would guess you might have aged in the last 20 years as well, though your maturity level is left in the dust of yrs gone by... 

When I was aged 40-53 I weighed 95Kg (6' tall) and was a lazy tub of lard.

At 54 I started to exercise a lot, now 10 years later I weigh 76Kg and am covered in hard muscle.

Cycled 20Km this morning then hiked 3Km on a mountain ridge, I try and cycle 25Km/day or hike 6Km/day.

While the face has gone downhill, the body is almost perfect.

You are imaging everyone (as you admit) has let themselves go as they get older.

But it's a personal choice.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2