Australia blocks access to 8 websites showing video of New Zealand mosque attacks

webfact

There's no such thing as censorship on the internet. If you still want to see the footage in Australia after these bans are imposed you'll still find it or you'll spend the 2 minutes it takes to circumvent the ban. If they're trying to invoke the Streisand effect they're going the right way about it.

Edited by Greyhat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Should such incidents be reported? Written about?  Discussed on radio? Why has this footage been banned? Because its shocking?

Yed. Also because some idiots use it to get other idiots to promote violence.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, tifino said:

hopefully there's no recalcitrant out there, who decides to put the video up on thaivisa!!

- it'd cause us aussies to be blocked from connecting with TV!!!

No. But the link will be.

• Like 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Internet footage of other murders.

That's not true at all, I read some of his manifesto and he details exactly what radicalised him. Incidentally this is all playing into his hands, he wants "accelarationism" with media & government condemnation. Stop demanding more laws because you think you know what's best for the rest of us. You don't.

49 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

I think no one needs to see a video of people being murdered (unless they are sick). One the other hand, what if the video contains evidence which contradicts the official narrative that the shooter acted alone? Which it does.

Does it? Have you seen it?

It was broadcast live as I understand?

3 hours ago, ravip said:
3 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Maybe the Australian Govt.

don’t want known that it was a Australian citizen that did the shooting in New Zealand.

It has been widely reported including his mothers address in Grafton, so you could not be further off the mark.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And?

Censorship is more and more common in the world,because politicians don’t want the people to see the truth, they all want us to live a lie. Poor decision by the nanny state government.

In europe plenty of people are being jailed for telling the truth about the peaceful religion, we see Facebook,twitter, YouTube etc ban people who have conservative opinions.

either you have freedom of speech or you don’t have it at all, there is not such thing as party freedom of speech or totally freedom of speech.

have you ever heard someone saying someone are only partly pedophile? I haven’t.... when the radical leftist politicians tell us a lie everyday don’t make the lie the truth. Time for sleezy people to wake up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

Censorship is more and more common in the world,because politicians don’t want the people to see the truth, they all want us to live a lie. Poor decision by the nanny state government.

In europe plenty of people are being jailed for telling the truth about the peaceful religion, we see Facebook,twitter, YouTube etc ban people who have conservative opinions.

either you have freedom of speech or you don’t have it at all, there is not such thing as party freedom of speech or totally freedom of speech.

have you ever heard someone saying someone are only partly pedophile? I haven’t.... when the radical leftist politicians tell us a lie everyday don’t make the lie the truth. Time for sleezy people to wake up.

Unnmmm the banning has been enacted by the "conservative " right wing parliament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

That's not true at all, I read some of his manifesto and he details exactly what radicalised him. Incidentally this is all playing into his hands, he wants "accelarationism" with media & government condemnation. Stop demanding more laws because you think you know what's best for the rest of us. You don't.

If he's an accelerationist is then he is a bit confused. I thought he was a 'defender of culture' like Breivik.

Perhaps he doesn't understand that accelerationism will hasten the demise of culture (I posted my thesis on this topic the other day, which of course nobody read). Culture will finally be reduced to pockets, as the natural environment is being reduced to shrinking nature reserves, and all that will be left of culture will be paraded once a year in sad displays like the Notting Hill Carnival.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Appalling! Australia the next fascist state censoring free speech. People viewing the video will not bring back the dead. The Copy cat argument is <deleted> stupid

There's ample evidence that copy-cat attacks can and do take place. This video is basically a manual on how to slaughter people. Nobody is worried that sophisticated people are going to perform copy-cat attack. It's the sizeable population of chavs and dolts we have to worry about.

Block all or show all; the entire subject is despicable. Muslims behead Christians, pour gasoline over a pilot and burnt him alive and all this was everywhere over the internet.

Deal with the loony according to the law and dont forget to do the same in case an Islamist is losing the plot - thank you 

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Thaivisa is not hate speech though there is a lot of Thai bashing going on.

Of course certain things should be banned, be-headings stuff like this shooting. Seems logical to me. Total free speech is crazy  

The only problem with that is peoples curiosity gets them and they want to see it. As soon as i heard all the gov's were banning that video i wanted to see it and so did all of my friends. Not because of what was in it but because the gov was telling you "no you cannot see this". What happens then is the government end up driving people to find a lot worse stuff than the video they were trying to stop people watching.

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Thaivisa is not hate speech though there is a lot of Thai bashing going on.

Of course certain things should be banned, be-headings stuff like this shooting. Seems logical to me. Total free speech is crazy  

I’m 99% sure that after the New Zealand vid was out that you came on here and you said you not only watched that video but your girlfriend was with you. Then you tried to defend yourself. ???? The poster below you today doesn’t even believe in freedom of emojis. If you give him a negative one he goes into your profile and randomly picks a post you have and puts a negative emoji on it. Lol 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I’m 99% sure that after the New Zealand vid was out that you came on here and you said you not only watched that video but your girlfriend was with you. Then you tried to defend yourself. ???? The poster below you today doesn’t even believe in freedom of emojis. If you give him a negative one he goes into your profile and randomly picks a post you have and puts a negative emoji on it. Lol 

Yes I seen it.. but don't think that stuff like this should be online to promote views and such. I saw it if it was not online I would not have seen it. I don't think that vids like that should be available and promoting extremist views. I clicked on it because it was available that was it did nothing with it was only appalled what people can do with other people. 

Its not the action of watching such a vid I feel is wrong, i feel its wrong to use it and incite hate  or promote extremist views with it. I don't go out of my way to find such material, i came across it that was it. Havent seen anything like it before or after or looked for it.

22 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

The only problem with that is peoples curiosity gets them and they want to see it. As soon as i heard all the gov's were banning that video i wanted to see it and so did all of my friends. Not because of what was in it but because the gov was telling you "no you cannot see this". What happens then is the government end up driving people to find a lot worse stuff than the video they were trying to stop people watching.

I seen the vid, its not as much the vid I have a problem with but with using stuff like that to create more extremism. 

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Anything showing the murder of someone by a racist bigot is not about reporting or free speech. 

Its glorifying hate. 

Shut them down every single time. 

You dont really get the whole free speech thing do you?