Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

Yes indeed. But the analogy was not mine. 

What part of that do you have trouble understanding?

My response pointed out how flawed the analogy was, albeit apperently with a little too much subtlety for your comprehension. 

Oh OK, you were being sarcastic .

We both agree with each other then , fair enough

On 10/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ventenio said:

i think it would be great if you could report all the posts to the authorities and get their IP addresses, because i think these foreigners should be kicked out of LOS.  It only breeds hatred and should not be allowed to continue.  Please post every message you don't like on facebook and bring attention to everyone.  Let everyone see these messages and maybe it will change.  I am shocked all these bad things can continue, and should be stopped.  Every message should be reported.  Police notified.  Everyone.  Good luck.  I have reported many from Facebook and it does stop these bad people.  I send their messages to everyone of their "friends" on Facebook and they get mad at me??  why, I didn't write it.  

Completely agree with you. It's an outrage. 

At the Bangkok malls, I wait by the sinks in the loos and accost anyone who doesn't wash their hands. 

If they refuse to wash them, I will find a mall security guard to enforce the rules. 

Sometimes we must make our own justice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Completely agree with you. It's an outrage. 

At the Bangkok malls, I wait by the sinks in the loos and accost anyone who doesn't wash their hands. 

If they refuse to wash them, I will find a mall security guard to enforce the rules. 

Sometimes we must make our own justice. 

Do you touch the door knob on the way out ?

On 9/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, BritManToo said:

My daughter failed English in year 5 of Thai high school because her teacher didn't like her being better at English.

When we went in to try and get the grade changed, the 'English teacher' could only speak in Thai, no English at all.

At first, I want to say 'I can't believe it,' as I'm shocked that would be legitimate. Then, I thought...TIT.

Sorry to hear about such a case. Wow, all the while in a 'school.'

1 hour ago, grollies said:

Nonsense topic.

Agreed as having read the OP I am surprised it was allowed to run with unattributable source and/or comments that looked like they had been selectively picked out - potentially changing the context..........:whistling: 

10 minutes ago, topt said:

Agreed as having read the OP I am surprised it was allowed to run with unattributable source and/or comments that looked like they had been selectively picked out - potentially changing the context..........:whistling: 

selectively selecting happenings all the time on this platform.

• 1 month later...

I will agree with the complaints made by the farangs here. I dont like Thai people at all they are really some <deleted>ty people. I'm a black american male in my 30s been living here for about 8 months now. I'm a veteran receiving disability compensation so before coming here I've heard about Thailand being an expat destination and or a place for retirees...so I gave it a shot...listen folks...sure rent is cheap here compared to the west...yes the women here are easy catches to get laid, but all that stuff doesn't mean a thing to me anymore because the common folks here just do not like us...its just as simple as that folks...I'm not gonna elaborate on it...Thais know it and farangs know it...and that is understood...and I just dont have a peace of mind living in this environment any longer...I've come to realize that Thailand is exactly what it is..a holiday destination...not a place to live long term...you'll notice their are plenty of expats, digital nomads, English teachers, youtubers that have such a simple outlook on life in thailand... I like to categorize these type of folks as ppl who do not keep up the local news, they dont read up on whats going on in town, they do not read nor care to read up on it...as long as they do not see violence or read about it, they will not think about it so its not going to happen to them so why fear? life is good. but I am not like that...I actually fear of becoming victim here in Thailand...here in pattaya, theres some kind of mysterious phenomenon of fargangs jumping off high story condos and committing suicide?...those kind incidents raises too many questions for me....farangs get killed every day in thailand by thais, believe it and do some research. Thai motorbike drivers will kill you over 50 baht, think I am making this up? theres a video of a thai taxi driver killing a farang with a samurai sword over a 50 baht dispute...this was in pattaya...just look up vidoes...and thai police will not help you....thai police is the local muscle behind  these trouble makers..it doesn't matter if you're a peaceful guy...trouble seems to find its way to a farang...and if you're one to stand up for yourself... you risk violence. I do not like Thai men at all, I dont talk to them, I dont believe in friendships with thais, and i really dont like thai women either, i dont trust them, they are only good for a quick lay in bed , meet online, short time at a hotel in and out and thats it...I dont drink around these women, I stay away from beer bars, go go bars, walking street etc, those places spell trouble. You're better off meeting a woman whos here on a holiday or an expat, maybe at a hostel or online, most of them are white women from Australia. When and not if a thai person takes advantage of you, scams you, there is nothing you can do about it...if you get in a verbal altercation with a thai because you are defending yourself, expect a cheap shot punch to the face from another thai out of nowhere...and im speaking all these from experience...you just get fed up with these cockroaches, yeah i said it, they are a bunch of cockroach people, dishonorable people indeed... you go to a 7-11 and they talk <deleted> about you in Thai, just because they can and want to... I dont like them because they dont like me, simple. I tried to give it time so some of these folks can grow on me, but not at all...truth is guys come here for cheap sex...period...so if thats your sole reason for sticking around thats your life...me, cheap sex doesn't impress me when i read about these alarming farang death rates in this <deleted>hole...so my advice if you are thinking about living here, maybe you should think about the risks. and I am leaving Thailand at the end of this month and will never return to this awful environment. 

I'm speaking as a single male traveler with experience, not a vacationer... I've lived on months end to a lot of countries: Colombia, Mexico, Spain, middle east, eastern europe...sure other countries come with risk of violence towards tourist...but Thailand is infamous for xenophobia. I dont care to understand, I dont care about their problems or anything concerning this nation.

5 minutes ago, jasonadamssmith said:

I'm speaking as a single male traveler with experience, not a vacationer... I've lived on months end to a lot of countries: Colombia, Mexico, Spain, middle east, eastern europe...sure other countries come with risk of violence towards tourist...but Thailand is infamous for xenophobia. I dont care to understand, I dont care about their problems or anything concerning this nation.

I'd try the Philippines, special VISAs for US vets.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 AM, 473geo said:

in general, Hard working, family focused, generous and sharing, community spirit, sense of humour, tolerance.......to name a few

If they're so family focused, why is the country full of single moms working in the sex industry?

And if they have so much community spirit, why is the country and sea covered in litter?

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If they're so family focused, why is the country full of single moms working in the sex industry?

And if they have so much community spirit, why is the country and sea covered in litter?

There is a high level of teenage pregnancies in Thailand, due to the law limiting the use of abortion probably just as many single mums working in 7 - 11, The parents whatever the employment, frequently step up and take care of the children. Your point being?

In my wifes village there are regular village clean ups, my son attends and helps with the other children. As pointed out in another thread, the Thai way of life does not support openly cleaning up where it may make another person look bad. Unfortunately plastic has a habit of travelling in the wind!! Often in such matters as cleaning the village the instruction will be awaited from above.

We also see in the news the Westernisation of services refusing to take certain items without payment!! ????

Edited by 473geo

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

There is a high level of teenage pregnancies in Thailand, due to the law limiting the use of abortion probably just as many single mums working in 7 - 11, The parents whatever the employment, frequently step up and take care of the children. Your point being?

I don't think killing babies is the answer to anything. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think killing babies is the answer to anything. 

Who said it was?

I commend the Thai people for making the best of a situation if it arises, for the most part the solution is the family stepping up taking care of the child, and they do! frequently and have done for years, part of the family focus I mentioned. you questioned!

On 9/18/2019 at 8:01 AM, Yinn said:

Many farang are really lovely and polite, love Thailand and have many Thai friend.

Yes I am.

Hi Yinn, How are you? I spent all day Monday riding around Ranong on my motorcycle looking for you. But I could not find you.

Actually that is not true. I just made that up.

I did make it to the weather radar station in Sattahip. Very exciting!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

When I meet someone for the first time I don't care where they come from or what their story is. If someone is friendly and decent, then I am happy to meet them. I am naturally sceptical about people from places such as Nigeria, but I gauge people as I meet them. Every single person in the world is different. But when you start talking about killing babies, ultra-corrupt governments, and the most dangerous roads in the world, then I have to eat my words. Careless, uneducated people who only know one thing. Money. For some people in the world, and it's not many, if you've got money then everyone will kow-tow to you. There can't be that many countries in the world where people will love you for behaving like an absolute moron just because you have a lot of money in your bank. Unfortunately, Thailand is one of them.

There is no government safety net in Thailand, many of the older generation will have suffered times where they had little or no money, or worked extremely hard for small reward, of course money is important!!

Any chance to make a baht, Thai people will use it to the best of their ability, in the western world it is being an entrepreneur, for some reason westerners are not receptive to the work of Thai entrepreneurs. ????

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, SteveK said:

When I meet someone for the first time I don't care where they come from or what their story is. If someone is friendly and decent, then I am happy to meet them.

I'm not all that keen to meet stupid people, I definitely prefer the company of those with IQs greater than 120.

Although I can endure stupid people who don't insist on talking much.

Drinking, hiking, cycling in silence with those beneath me is endurable.

Talking about other men of course.

Different rules for friendly and attractive Thai women.

Not that you could ever get them to stop talking, even if you don't understand their language.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Yes I am.

Hi Yinn, How are you? I spent all day Monday riding around Ranong on my motorcycle looking for you. But I could not find you.

Actually that is not true. I just made that up.

I did make it to the weather radar station in Sattahip. Very exciting!

Oh Uncle, you confused.

yinn live in RaNong, west coast Thailand, most rain, smallest population (190,000). Very clean nature. Cleanest air in thailand. Ocean water clean and salty. River/klong water can drink. Andaman sea.

today you near RaYong. East Thailand, industry area. Very dirty pollution. Dirty air. Ocean water sewerge and chemical. Gulf of Thailand (same Hua Hin)

in Ranong, we just have tree for business, (coconut, rubber, palm, durian), 80% is forest, nature. Mountains. Beautiful nature place.

RaYong have factory, electric plant, chemical factory. Not beautiful.

i think you smart guy. If you wrong, maybe everyone think same. I tell people before I live Ranong, is clean. They say I lie.

Now I understand why, they think I live RaYong, dirty, pollution, chemical place. 5555555555

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranong_Province

6C486B37-F972-44E3-B488-C5345FF016C6.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

For some people in the world, and it's not many, if you've got money then everyone will kow-tow to you. There can't be that many countries in the world where people will love you for behaving like an absolute moron just because you have a lot of money in your bank.

Donald Trump VOTED USA president.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Unfortunately, Thailand is one of them.

We didn’t vote for that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

We didn’t vote for that.

Yes you did. You voted for the new constitution which ensured that Prayut would stay in power FOREVER.

That makes Thailand a dictatorship and as Prayut and his cronies still wear their uniforms, it makes Thailand a military dictatorship. In the West we call it a Banana Republic. You voted for it, you own it. You can't blame the farangs for that one! 555

Edited by DannyCarlton