Lack of European visitors the cause of Thailand's tourism woes, says hotelier

webfact

The one and only reason that tourest numbers are greato down is the "Thai Government" / Immigration officers do not make any overseas Tourest feel welcome coming to Thailand! That is fact. 

All foreigners are automatically made to feel like criminals beforehand !

Lack of Tourests, has zero  to do with  Brexit and strong  "Thai  baht"!  Just check  out  social media!!!

Edited by kevinmartyn
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, djlest said:

i was planning a two week vacation all around Thailand at nice hotels, then i realized i would have to do TM30 so i cancelled my trip and instead... ill stay home and watch netflix and spend my hard earned money buying <deleted> from china. mai pen rai - up to you Thailand

We all have choices, two weeks around Thailand would have been nice as opposed to staying home.

We are off to Sydney to spend some money, then Phuket for a week upon our return, the TM30 is not an issue, done on line for me.

Enjoy Netflix and your spend on Chinese goods as I am sure the Chinese will appreciate it, although your choice will be affecting innocent Thai's because of immigration rules, whilst you live in Thailand, sounds hypocritical to me, but then again that's your choice, just saying, the TM3O is not an issue, if you know how to beat the system, i.e. registering and complying, their country, their rules, we are guests, so no point in crying over spilt milk.

I have no doubt it will all change as pressure mounts, what will you do then, still dig your heels in ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, smedly said:

also, lets not forget the expat/retired population who generally provide a steady 12 month spend that is often overlooked, I am hearing more and more exit stories as people are fed up being targeted by nonsense new cumbersome immigration rules that seem to have no other purpose than to force some people down a route of paying hefty bribes for application approvals because of some very simple marginal technicality

Although retired in Thailand I travel frequently inside the country leaving my condo and staying at hotels in many other cities, visiting local restaurants,  using all major forms of transportation. I am both a retiree and a tourist. The reporting nonsense and illogical financial demands are very off putting. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that the Bank of Thailand had downgraded its assessment of tourist arrivals for 2019 from 40.4 million to just 39 million.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

However, they said that if you ask some hoteliers in Phuket they will say that in reality tourism is down 50%.

So who's telling porkies ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Beat me to it. I used to go away twice a month to Rayong, Hua Hin etc. 

1 or 2 nights in a decent hotel, spending money in restaurants, local markets, beach bars etc.

Haven't been since this TM30 nonsense came up.

Me too, but also the strong Thai Baht keep me from visiting even local restaurants. We stay home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2