Something to consider...it is only a forecast!

Looking ahead, it should come as no surprise to see a down movement of the baht into the 29-30 per 1 USD by the end of this year and all next year...any world monetary crisis can swing the baht dramatically in either direction...so just use this chart as a baseline if you are interested in these things...

Screenshot_20190920-044146_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If the predictions are correct ,it's a downward movement of the mighty $.

regards worgeordie

If the 'Mighty $' does that........ What can you imagine about the other major currencies..........

I've never known of currencies being predictable to forecast like that.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Serindib said:

Higher probability of THB 29 than 33 and 25 than 36 to USD.

The single most important factor in the THB rate is demand for THB from tourists: selling USD and buying THB.

67 Bn of inflow of tourist dollars into a 500 bn economy is quite significant.

Net Imports/exports are insignificant as is net FDI.

809DE4EE-D69F-4330-9239-6731E84C801D.jpeg

Why did you change $63 billion to $67 billion?

You work for TAT?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Whose forecast is this? 

If they can predict monthly fluctuations for 2 years out to .01 - - well??? 

When the dollar hit 55 during the crisis many years ago - - everyone was saying you are crazy to buy baht because it is going to 60.... 

This is the link,

https://longforecast.com/

• Thanks 2

It's impossible to predict currency movements in a tight range so far out.  Geopolitical event shocks can swing currencies wildly in both directions, and who can foresee these?  Currently, those who are affected by exchange rates which may be a dollar or two, or a pound or two, higher or lower in any month, would seem to be in quite a parlous financial state, anyway.

For those wanting to hedge their bets, I think gold is a good shout going forward, but, of course, its future direction cannot be predicted with reliable accuracy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Thanks. I would be more impressed if they showed me their past predictions... but i'll buy more gold anyway...

It can be dangerous. And also depressing when comparing other currencies versus US dollar.

Australian dollar for example. Throat slashing stuff!

https://longforecast.com/australian-dollar-aud-to-usd-forecast-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021

47 minutes ago, allanos said:

It's impossible to predict currency movements in a tight range so far out.  Geopolitical event shocks can swing currencies wildly in both directions, and who can foresee these?  Currently, those who are affected by exchange rates which may be a dollar or two, or a pound or two, higher or lower in any month, would seem to be in quite a parlous financial state, anyway.

For those wanting to hedge their bets, I think gold is a good shout going forward, but, of course, its future direction cannot be predicted with reliable accuracy.

Bought gobs of gold and silver several years back...all the momentous events that was going to send precious metals sky rocketing...never happened...sold off some at a profit...some loses...divided the rest among three children and gave them the hold it until you need to sell...son probably sold it on the way home...2 girl are happy to keep for a rainy day...????

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If the predictions are correct ,it's a downward movement of the mighty $.

regards worgeordie

Yes. I've been expecting it for years. I expect it has to do with Trump's trade war. The tariffs make the US a less attractive customer (makes imported goods more expensive there). The new laws penalizing "currency manipulators" are a problem, too. Don't know if you saw a week or two ago, Bank of Thailand governor explained they don't dare to do too much to keep the baht down for that reason. There's been a wide consensus that the dollar has been overvalued since the Clinton administration. I think the uncertainty Trump has created may have an effect on the desire for US Treasury bonds, but that'll probably change when the next global turn-down starts biting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Bought gobs of gold and silver several years back...all the momentous events that was going to send precious metals sky rocketing...never happened...sold off some at a profit...some loses...divided the rest among three children and gave them the hold it until you need to sell...son probably sold it on the way home...2 girl are happy to keep for a rainy day...????

You didn´t buy the future of the world-Bitcoin?

• Haha 1