The week that was in Thailand news: Animals and Thais jostle for attention in another wonderful Thaivisa week!

rooster59

17 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I fully agree that the Thai authorities will somehow snatch ganja's loses out of the jaws of ganja's profits and the BIB will somehow snatch extortion and robbery from the jaws of pleasure, profit and enjoyment.

It is terribly sad; the Kingdom has an opportunity to be the Asian leader of the legal ganja trade. A wee bit of foresight (yes, I know), a wee bit of planning (yes, again, I know) and a dab of preparation (yes, I still know. Sigh.) would see the establishment of possibly several multi-million/multi-billion baht companies supplying the herb for research and pleasure across the planet's largest continent. A dollop of good luck and a dab of fiddling might see cannabis-related medicines being invented and/or mass-produced in the Kingdom, again leading to potentially millions/billions of Baht profit. Further, that doesn't include all the advantages of creating, writing and implementing rules and standards which other countries would inevitably follow; those who make the rules make them to benefit their own situation and circumstances. Finally, a whole new generation of travelers would wash up on shore, cementing the repeat tourist trade for another 50 years and offering mass employment for generations.

Sadly, I can't help but think that instead we are going to see a string of petty scams, petty extortion and low-level, petty blackmail inflicted on the traveling youth.

Who's it going to be? Cambodia? Vietnam? Someone else? A wise man looking for a long-term investment might want to give that some thought; getting in on the ground floor of what likely will be a multi-million/multi-billion dollar, Asia-wide business is the method whereby people retire wealthy in their 40s/50s...

Just do it....

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, rooster59 said:

The whole case should be a reminder to us all that life is just not fair.

Indeed. Each and everyone of us should recite that to ourselves after we wake up, and before going to sleep.

IMO the concept of "fair" is a very recent invention by some in western countries, but has never applied in most of the world.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

It is terribly sad; the Kingdom has an opportunity to be the Asian leader of the legal ganja trade.

So long as "you know who" stand to benefit by it being illegal, don't expect any changes.

BTW, long term use does have psychological implications, and not good ones, despite all the mumbo jumbo about how non addictive etc it is. I know someone personally that used it every day for decades and now he's destroyed.