PM Johnson to reveal his final Brexit plan as early as Tuesday - Telegraph

webfact

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Who are you quoting when you say the "whole country" it certainly isn't me, I never said that, why are you inferring I did?

I said the country, which means the majority, the country just wants this this comedy of errors over with, which includes many remainers, and of course there will be some resistance from a small pocket of radical remainers, there always is.

Your figure of 52% is totally meaningless, now it would be a lot higher if just for the fact that the citizens have had enough of this charade and they need closure.

Here is the latest poll showing that "the country" needs closure.

Screenshot_2019-09-28-21-07-26-133.thumb.jpeg.d1e4aea6b2179a06ceb29f92b146eedb.jpeg

Is there a reason you haven't sourced that poll?  I wonder if you would be kind enough to now.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Not sure it is oldhippy.  My FIL is a bricklayer and speaks like a modern person.   Kingdong seems to be putting his money where his mouth is and chanelling the 1600's.  

Could be some work heading your FILs way soon if he plays his cards right.

I hear that BoJo’s next negotiating tactic to get a deal after this ‘why have one border when we can have two’ to facilitate frictionless trade seems to have fallen flat on its face is to propose a wall and Ireland are going to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

Just now, oldhippy said:

More intelligent people would have understood that this was not about chickens, but about ALL substandard products from US, China and other countries that like to dumpt garbage in Europe.

Ah! The ficker'nus riposte. Thank you. Do you have a Image result for CE  for that? 

image.png

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Orac said:

Could be some work heading your FILs way soon if he plays his cards right.

I hear that BoJo’s next negotiating tactic to get a deal after this ‘why have one border when we can have two’ to facilitate frictionless trade seems to have fallen flat on its face is to propose a wall and Ireland are going to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for that Orac.  As far as I can tell, despite the naysaying of our leaver friends, he is up to his nuts in work and has been for years.  Only if he is rained-off or falling out with the site foreman does he not graft day after day for several hundred quid.  He has no complaint about workers from the EU however, apart from the slight garlicly smell hoho.

I hereby promise that no racist or leaver will ever troll me again into using the word "bricklayer".

I will from now on use the word "lumpenproletariaat", an expression that goes back some 200 years, and is well documented.

With apologies to Slip's father in law, but not to the trolls.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

That's only one scenario out of a few submitted to the EU - and it has already been dismissed as being unacceptable by Ireland let alone the EU. 

an other one, undisclosed:  Eire imports everything the UK needs and smuggles goods from the EU illegally.

Edited by Opl

40 minutes ago, Opl said:

an other one, undisclosed:  Eire imports everything the UK needs and smuggles goods from the EU illegally.

So we in Europe can still have our Scottish whiskey for a good price  too ? Has U.K something else smuggling worth ? 5555

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

So we in Europe can still have our Scottish whiskey for a good price  too ? Has U.K something else smuggling worth ? 5555

I'm stockpiling Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, just in case.. lol

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 2

Severin Carrell Scotland editor

Tue 1 Oct 2019 15.01 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/01/anti-brexiters-in-legal-bid-to-force-boris-johnson-to-ask-eu-for-delay

Anti-Brexiters in legal bid to force Boris Johnson to ask EU for delay

Scottish judge could order PM to request article 50 extension if he fails to secure deal

Boris Johnson could be ordered by a Scottish judge to delay Brexit after pro-remain campaigners secured an emergency court hearing for this Friday.

The campaigners have asked the court of session in Edinburgh to issue an injunction, or interdict, which would force the prime minister to ask the EU for an extension to article 50 if he fails to get a new deal passed at Westminster by 19 October.

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Excuse me ???? !…., only as much as half +a bit (52%) than the "whole country" , if so sure the " whole country" …, why not risk a referendum as then it could show your "Whole of the country" is behind him...? As then I would only be even an improved (100%) confirmation of that ...????

I think you are under the conservatives conference " pep talk " Audio cocaine  it seems it was  

Back in 2015 ALL those eligible to vote were given the opportunity to do so There will always be people who are ineligible to vote, mainly those who are not old enough, unless you want to bring the voting age down to what?

Next of those who were eligible to vote were given the opportunity to do so. Those who voted to leave outnumbered those who wished to remain.

The other section who were eligible to vote but did not for whatever reason did not have a vote registered which can be called what you wish but not voting their votes did not count and were not recorded other than to keep the figures correct.

So if I voted and you voted the opposite, 2 votes are recorded.

If I voted and you didn't only one vote is recorded.

Why people didn't vote was up to them but not voting means the vote was lost, to both sides.

If you cannot understand this then there is little hope for you.

There is a way around this which is to make voting compulsory. Only 22 countries do this but only 11 countries enforce it. That way I can agree with you, but if it is NOT compulsory and people cannot be bothered to vote then tough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_voting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_voting

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

Soon the "bureaucratic" European rules will no longer apply to British products, and every European country will be able to legally sell it's local alcohol as "genuine Scotch whisky".

Of course the abolishment of regulations will also mean that the British can eat Genuine Parma Ham from Yorkshire, or drink Trappist brewed in Northern Ireland by a protestant brewery.

Interesting times ahead!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Will there be a time limit, (dare I say backstop), on this arrangement? 

Aka ,  another extension .

Ireland  North and South , will defeat any, and all proposals .

Paddies revenge ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There will always be people who are ineligible to vote, mainly those who are not old enough, unless you want to bring the voting age down to what?

Down?  They should bring it up.  65 and then you coffin dodgers don't get to make mistakes that we have to live with for the rest of our lives. (Not your personally of course dear Bill).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Victornoir said:

We can already anticipate the Brussels's response:
- Inapplicable, badly thought, does not correspond to the lines, childish ...
Not to mention Foster's howls.

Goal achieved for the EU . Divorce without agreement, the activity that migrates there and all future problems credited to Johnson & co.

But do not panic english friends, you will resume the mastery of your folklore with the royal coach, dukes, princes and other heirs of a brilliant past.

Do not panic, "there is no problem if there is no solution"

passoire3.jpgpassoire4.jpg

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

we need a no-deal brexit and no to muslims

Good point ,  London will need a new Lord Mayor, 

plus a few members of the house , will be out of a job .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

we need a no-deal brexit and no to muslims

You have forgotten to mention no Germans.

PS. Only remainers have reacted to this..... so my prejudice against brexiteers was not prejudice after all.....

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Who are you quoting when you say the "whole country" it certainly isn't me, I never said that, why are you inferring I did?

I said the country, which means the majority, the country just wants this this comedy of errors over with, which includes many remainers, and of course there will be some resistance from a small pocket of radical remainers, there always is.

Your figure of 52% is totally meaningless, now it would be a lot higher if just for the fact that the citizens have had enough of this charade and they need closure.

Here is the latest poll showing that "the country" needs closure.

Screenshot_2019-09-28-21-07-26-133.thumb.jpeg.d1e4aea6b2179a06ceb29f92b146eedb.jpeg

The only majority that counts right now is the one in Parliament.

UPDATE:

Final proposal - PM Johnson to unveil Brexit offer to EU

By Elizabeth Piper

2019-10-01T210314Z_1_LYNXMPEF903FV_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-POLITICS-CONSERVATIVES.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson is seen at the venue for the Conservative Party annual conference in Manchester, Britain, October 1, 2019. REUTERS/Phil Noble

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Prime Minister Boris Johnson will on Wednesday unveil his final Brexit offer to the European Union and make clear that if Brussels does not engage with the proposal, Britain will not negotiate further and will leave on Oct. 31.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1126481-final-proposal-pm-johnson-to-unveil-brexit-offer-to-eu/

13 hours ago, Slip said:

Down?  They should bring it up.  65 and then you coffin dodgers don't get to make mistakes that we have to live with for the rest of our lives. (Not your personally of course dear Bill).

Well in 1975 when I voted to stay in the EEC I was only 31 and I thought it was a great idea, so I signed up.

I have spent 41 years paying for that mistake and at this point I am worse off.

Leave or Remain?

May's deal or Boris's deal?

Deal or no deal?

At this point in time the UK seems to be in limbo land. Some want to leave, deal or no deal.

Some want to Remain.

Some want to scrap Brexit and revoke Article 50.

IMHO I don't think anybody really knows what is going on but I suspect that the majority of voters want Brexit finished with one way or another.

I am sure that every day I log on to TVF there is yet another Brexit thread.

It reminds me of a Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley musical called "Stop the World, I want to get off".

• Like 1

That is one reason, the main reason is that the other parties have chosen self survival over what is best for our country, they are gutless, scared and selfish.
"A real parent is someone that puts their kids above their own wants and selfish needs"
So sorry for the little Hard Brexiteer problem.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well in 1975 when I voted to stay in the EEC I was only 31 and I thought it was a great idea, so I signed up.

I have spent 41 years paying for that mistake and at this point I am worse off.

Leave or Remain?
May's deal or Boris's deal?
Deal or no deal?

At this point in time the UK seems to be in limbo land. Some want to leave, deal or no deal.
Some want to Remain.
Some want to scrap Brexit and revoke Article 50.

IMHO I don't think anybody really knows what is going on but I suspect that the majority of voters want Brexit finished with one way or another.

I am sure that every day I log on to TVF there is yet another Brexit thread.

It reminds me of a Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley musical called "Stop the World, I want to get off".
So upsetting having to read the latest Hard Brexiteer wheeze for justifying their position. More woe is me guff.

UPDATE:

Final proposal - PM Johnson to unveil Brexit offer to EU

By Elizabeth Piper

2019-10-01T210314Z_1_LYNXMPEF903FV_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-POLITICS-CONSERVATIVES.JPG.1b0de348c08ea53b7a67abb33c71616e.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson is seen at the venue for the Conservative Party annual conference in Manchester, Britain, October 1, 2019. REUTERS/Phil Noble

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Prime Minister Boris Johnson will on Wednesday unveil his final Brexit offer to the European Union and make clear that if Brussels does not engage with the proposal, Britain will not negotiate further and will leave on Oct. 31.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1126481-final-proposal-pm-johnson-to-unveil-brexit-offer-to-eu/

Stand by for a retread of having your cake and eating it rubbish.