White House attempting gambit to slow House impeachment push

rooster59

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve said for a while now, Trump needs to focus on prison reforms.

Thank you.

In the middle of discussing fencing problems with a builder [wrong materials ordered etc]. A bit stressful.

Your post made my day:clap2:

• Haha 1

I think Giuliani (his security/consulting firm) had a $14 million contract with TriGlobal Ventures involving "work" in Ukraine. This "work" was disclosed as being about public safety/emergency management. Potentially legitimate, I mean sure it looks "corrupt-y" but if I do it it must be OK? 

I would assume he was a registered foreign lobbyist?

TRIGLOBAL STRATEGIC VENTURES ANNOUNCES SUCCESSFUL TRIP FOR CITY OF KHARKIV REPRESENTATIVES TO NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK – Vitaly Pruss, President of TriGlobal Strategic Ventures, reports that the meeting between the official delegation from the City of Kharkiv, Ukraine and former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and John Huvane, CEO of Giuliani Security & Safety, was a success. The City of Kharkiv was represented by First Vice Mayor Igor Terekhov.

During the meeting Mr. Terekhov expressed gratitude to Mr. Giuliani from Kharkiv’s Mayor Gennadiy Kernes for assisting in organization of the visit of Kharkiv representatives, with the aim being to study the setup and experience of the Offices for Public Security and Offices for Emergency Management in the states of New York and New Jersey. The parties also discussed the areas of future cooperation with the goal of establishing and operating a new Office for Emergency Management in Kharkiv.

http://tgsv.net/triglobal-strategic-ventures-announces-successful-trip-for-city-of-kharkiv-representatives-to-new-york-city/

• Thanks 1

Unless specified by the constitution, the House makes its own rules.
Yes and so does the senate. Which is why the senate leader said he would hold an Impeachment trial if the house impeached which they probably will. The constitution doesn't explicitly require the senate to do so but the senate rules do. However there are no required guidelines about how such a trial is to be conducted from either the constitution or senate rules. So the senate leader can run a 10 minute sham trial if he wants with no legal consequences. But I assume there would political consequences if it's a totally obvious farce of a trial. So I expect they will at attempt to have the appearance of a real trial.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

As expected this latest in a long line of witch hunts is fizzling out by the second. At this early stage the score is Trump +1, Biden -5, and democrat party -20. Their credibility is now totally shot. It might have been different had there not been the Russia collusion hoax, the peepee dossier hoax, and all the rest of the desperate measures that promised Trump’s fall from grace, yet only served to galvanise his base and productive citizens in general.

I would be surprised if Schiff doesn’t get dumped this week. It has been embarrassing watching him.

Care to put money where your mouth is , I say Trump will definitely get impeached , whats the wager ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Care to put money where your mouth is , I say Trump will definitely get impeached , whats the wager ?

Here's my bet. Trump will definitely be impeached. He will not be convicted.

The Republicans made this the new normal when they went after Clinton. Yes, Clinton comitted perjury. He was impeached for this. But there was no outrage in the country to get him convicted for it. People just didn't care that he broke the law.

Same here. Trump probably broke a law or 3. He will be impeached. But there is not sufficient outrage in the country to convict him for it.

From now on, in the future, every president that doesn't come from the same party as the House can look forward to a possible impeachment for what will become increasingly minor infractions.   It has become a political tool to be used by the opposition. Filibusters in the Senate used to be unimaginable also in the early days, right up until they weren't.

But if you are seriously claiming Trump will be convicted or removed from office for this, I will take that bet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1