Shipping Street Triple R 2016 to America

JesseLeeOver

I've been working on this for two days and cannot find help i need to get the job done. I'm in Korat and want help from start to finish, Can anyone point me in the right direction? Aslo, they sell these motorycles in America, should there be a problem wtih emissions or something. I'm totally cluless and trying to learn. Also, if anyone want to talk over the phone that'd be great. 

Edited by JesseLeeOver

If it were a case of just transporting it and registering a new number plate it would be easy. You'll need to pay to have the bike thoroughly inspected and emissions tested, you'll need to pay import duty and may need to have the bike modified to US specifications. In some states such as California, you will find it to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, in which case you'd be better off selling the bike in Thailand and buying a new one in the USA. In fact, that's the best option most of the time, saves a huge amount of hassle.

Before coming to Thailand I had a modified Yamaha R1 which I put on eBay, I had an interested buyer from Connecticut but in the end there turned out to be too many hurdles so sold it to a guy in Cardiff.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 2

Shipping Street Triple R 2016 to America

Why?

If we may be so bold to ask?

Then you'll get a better answer, which will probably still be why?

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

have the bike modified to US specifications

Just two minimal things just for starters will be L/H headlight beam and kph speedo.

I think there is more to it than that, because i've read on forums of Americans having difficulty importing Canadian bikes legit over the border....

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Like 2

They are more expensive here than there. Save yourself a load of money and hassle and sell it here and buy one there.

20 seconds on Ebay and I found a 2018 RS for less than you could sell your 2016 R for.

image.png.3da41362419e37ae9c28292bc4993c0a.png

• Like 1