Fired! But netizens and witnesses stand up for driver after altercation with farang

webfact

On 10/30/2019 at 11:53 AM, sungod said:

OK, I'll ask. Why would you take a bike on a city bus? Isn't the idea exercise?

In Bangkok anyway, I've always found it too hot to do heavy exercise, beyond brisk walking. I suppose the equivalent can be done on a bike.

Many years ago I used to play golf in Bangkok, but even when teeing-off at dawn, too bloody hot!????

We need more information , what did the farang do to provoke the driver? Is he new to Thailand and are not aware he should always be polite here and never argue with the locals? 

And is he American? They can be loudmouthed. 

• Confused 1

maybe he thought being in the Right lane, was the get On/Off lane? - as per back home? - and then got confused because the door was on the wrong side... 

probably scared him away from taking future butt rides... those big head butt drivers are too much for him... 

The thing is, there was probably another 50 or so similar incidents with buses, song taows and taxi drivers elsewhere happening in Thailand at the same time that just didn't get filmed. Drivers hold a responsible position and should act accordingly, not like some yabba head spaced out.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:30 PM, jonclark said:

So according the netizens if you are making a nuisance of yourself - being punched is an appropriate response? Is that the basic gist. If he was making a nusience of himself, stop the bus, if he refuses to get off, call the police and they can remove him. 

Did you read the article? Fourth line: "Netizens and witnesses were in agreement that the driver was in the wrong"

On 10/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, webfact said:
He was described as bad mannered with the bus driver being described as "jai yen".

Calm, that is, until he snapped. 

Pretty typically Thai. 

Jai yen, jai yen, jai yen <Snap!> Violent rage. 

Someone being a jerk and a nuisance is not a valid reason to attack that person.  Firing the driver is more about violating the public trust.  Yeah, the job sucks sometimes, people can be asses, but it's part and parcel with public service work.  You don't go medieval on customers.  So there is no excuse and the guy is out of a job.  He should find a different occupation to fit his low-anger threshold - perhaps a bouncer.

• Thanks 1

So according the netizens if you are making a nuisance of yourself - being punched is an appropriate response? Is that the basic gist. If he was making a nusience of himself, stop the bus, if he refuses to get off, call the police and they can remove him. 

It is why so many farang end up in the morgue for a week, would not say farang deserve it, but they do cause their exit from this world. Forget about an autopsy and cause of death. Thailand, the hub of mysterious farang deaths, only mysterious for those who have just arrived. Why do you think jai yen is so commonly used. Farang would be better to shut their mouths if they want to stay alive. He was very lucky he only got a punch and did not end up in the morgue. Jai Yen Yen 555. So funny. 

Edited by Langkawee

On 10/30/2019 at 11:53 AM, sungod said:

OK, I'll ask. Why would you take a bike on a city bus? Isn't the idea exercise?

It's just one of those annoying westerners...they should refuse him in the bus with that bicycle.

I hate it when they rub that greasy chain against me in the bus/train....selfish pricks they are.

Yes they should have kicked him out all together. Who wants to be late for work because an idiot farang with a bicycle is too lazy to bike?

• Confused 1