Short one-day rides from Bangkok

alx123

Apologies if this has been asked here before but is it possible for us to compile list of short one-day motorcycle trip loops that are possible to do from Bangkok?

Suggestions with maps are welcome..

Or if you can share your experience doing something like this, please share it with us here (with photos and maps if possible). 

Even within the city routes with good places to visit for coffee or sightseeing would be nice..

Edited by alx123

Back in the day we used to go to Kao Yai. I suppose one still could but maybe still cannot ride into the park for lunch.

There is a loop east of Bangkok near Ratchaburi but I wouldn't recommend it until after the road works are complete on Rama 2

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I'm thinking a trip to Nakorn Pathom would be very short but would be a  good escape from the usual traffic in Bangkok.

https://goo.gl/maps/XftA7XK1yxK3aeLDA

Going - Bangkok - Talingcahn - Salaya - Nakorn Pathom

Way back - Nakorn Pathom - Omyai - Bangkhae - Bangkok

Aprrox 120 kms loop.

Places you can visit:

Talingchan Floating Market

Mahidol University Salaya 

Human Wax imagery Nakorn Pathom

Phraphatom Chedi at Nakorn Pathom

Samphran elephant grounds/Rose garden

Or you could just ride the loop without stopping at these places just for the sake of riding. I'm familiar with this route as I work in Salaya but I haven't actually done it. You can have a few stretches of good roads here too.

Edited by alx123

Me thinks Let's just make a list with the distance stated, then people can choose to take the journey or not depending on what kind of bikes they own. 

As mentioned on my orig post, even routes inside the city that offers good roads and places to visit can be posted here as well. 

I might try the  Nakorn Pathom loop above on my 250. 

• Like 1