Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

I can only say 2 things.

Do not know about the dark side, but in Pattaya City, have changed the contractors, new ones have brand new cars, collect every second day, always friendly guys(may be just the ones in my soi) and never leave a mess.

Do not think dark side uses the same contractors.

Another interesting part with OP, it states people are selling up and moving, so who is buying then?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Another interesting part with OP, it states people are selling up and moving, so who is buying then?

As these homes must be being sold below market value, to get away from the seemingly unsolvable garbage issue, I assume that the low income people who are selling and moving, they will be replaced by even "lower" income people.

Thus, the community will quite possibly fail to improve, may even further degrade.

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is what happens when 4,000 residents in 1,280 houses say 'This is not my problem' instead to get together and find a working solution they''d rather sell out and let someone else deal with it...

But its only the resident's on the estate thats dumped the trash their no doubt. A cctv would help to identify the culprits.

3 hours ago, NoComment said:

The Chinese will buy them cheap for investment and guess what? The rubbish problem will no longer exist

According to some previous posts in this thread, the Chinese are even worse.

Furthermore, it's often reported that maintenance and repairs are non existent in absentee ownership because nobody is there to care.

The Chinese have invested in many condo units in the developed western country where I come from. The horror stories about these vacant or rented out units are abundant.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Some people have already sold up and moved out - and more are planning to do so at the start of next year. 

Well good luck with that plan.  The photo should ensure a steady stream of prospective Thai buyers.

In my village garbage is faithfully collected twice weekly.  Now if the populace only knew how to utilize the garbage bins - perhaps that could be a school project - assign one class each day to patrol the streets, pick up the garbage and place it in the bins where it should be.  Maybe by doing this the children would learn that it is easier to use the bins than it is to walk the streets picking up garbage.  Perhaps the kids could even educate their parents!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rimmer said:

All is not lost,  Lotus Pattaya today have disappeared all the plastic bags and replaced them with brown paper ones with their logo on them.

We had the same experience a few weeks ago;
it has lasted a day! :crazy:
The next day the plastic bags are returned to the crates and yesterday, doing some shopping at the Lotus Sawang Daen Din, still plastic bags ...:crying:

2 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

In my village garbage is faithfully collected twice weekly.  Now if the populace only knew how to utilize the garbage bins - perhaps that could be a school project - assign one class each day to patrol the streets, pick up the garbage and place it in the bins where it should be.  Maybe by doing this the children would learn that it is easier to use the bins than it is to walk the streets picking up garbage.  Perhaps the kids could even educate their parents!

In Sawang Daen Din domntown garbage is collecting everyday ;

the town is relatively clean ...

A quick visit to the place where the trash trucks go to empty  their contents ..

It is a few hundred meters from the national road 2280 which goes to Kham Ta Khla and just at the edge of a very large rice depot ...:crying:

You will notice that the municipality has bought two large boilers that have of course never been maintained and therefore have not worked for a long time ...

P1080355_red_roads_close_Sawang.thumb.JPG.046788507bae32e55686795240330864.JPG

P1080363_red_roads_close_Sawang.thumb.JPG.ef48c8e2c9db414bc4107d92a0bc66d2.JPG

P1080364_red_roads_close_Sawang.thumb.JPG.32840eeb24d48a897b9a618ad1de8e4e.JPG

P1080365_red_roads_close_Sawang.thumb.JPG.e7b7513048846883b3f44894c281bc70.JPG

a sea of s.hit :1zgarz5:

P1080367_red_roads_close_Sawang.thumb.JPG.c7181e32d25671625be31141529dac99.JPG

• Sad 2