O/A visa and insurance experience today

2 minutes ago, moontang said:

but others are saying they still convert 30 day VEE to 90 day O, at Jomtien and CW, at least.  

Yes, you can convert a visa exempt to a 90 days Non-Immigrant O. But,the financial requirements are still the same when you apply for the 90 days Non-Immigrant O in Laos or in Jomtien. If you enter on a Visa exempt, then you have to do the conversion first, with 2 sets of documents (2 of everything) at Desk 7 at Jomtien Immigration, and then after 60 days apply for the 1 year extension. You simply do what's easiest for you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

"Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland''

Just for info, what are they looking for in a submission that would constitute evidence of legal residence in the UK or Ireland?

Don't tell me there isn't an official document in the UK showing your residency? 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

For a visa application it is. Those that are not from the UK or Ireland have to prove residency to apply for a visa.

You can officially have migrated to Thailand and have no residency what so ever in the UK,but you still have the right to have a UK passport. So,how can that be a proof of residency in the UK? 

8 hours ago, globalmax2 said:

Indeed you are correct about finding the blank form

im asking about a photo of a completed form that someone posted.  Can’t find it after scanning all the pages.  

Can you direct me to the photo of the completed form? 

I do not recall seeing a photo of  completed form for foreign insurance. There haven't been more than 3 or 4 reports of people managing to get that form signed.

There was a photo posted of the form that Pacific Cross (local insurer) issues. Maybe that is what you remember? It is pretty much identical in wording. Doesn't add or subtract anything from the form just fills in the blanks and on their letterhead.

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Attached a link to a post from 2 months ago by Harry Abel, who outlined the steps he did take to succesfully apply for a Non Imm O Visa in Thailand, while not being retired yet.

Yes easy enough in Thailand, the tricky part is getting one out of Thailand being over 50 but not of retirement age, feel free to provide a link for that one which is what i was talking about

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can officially have migrated to Thailand and have no residency what so ever in the UK,but you still have the right to have a UK passport. So,how can that be a proof of residency in the UK? 

If you have a home country (passport) or residency you can apply for a visa in that country.  A very common requirement for visas of many countries.

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I think that they just want to see that you have the right to return to the UK indefinitely, once your temporary stay ???? is over in Thailand ????️.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I do not recall seeing a photo of  completed form for foreign insurance. There haven't been more than 3 or 4 reports of people managing to get that form signed.

There was a photo posted of the form that Pacific Cross (local insurer) issues. Maybe that is what you remember? It is pretty much identical in wording. Doesn't add or subtract anything from the form just fills in the blanks and on their letterhead.

Sorry take that back, I found it!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1132569-oa-visa-and-insurance-experience-today/page/116/

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes easy enough in Thailand, the tricky part is getting one out of Thailand being over 50 but not of retirement age, feel free to provide a link for that one which is what i was talking about.

"the tricky part is getting one out of Thailand being over 50 but not of retirement age"??

The requirements for a 90 days Non-Immigrant O based on retirement are the same in Thailand, and in for example Savannakhet. You can retire early in many countries, you don't have to be 65,just officially retired. 

6 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

I think that they just want to see that you have the right to return to the UK indefinitely, once your temporary stay ???? is over in Thailand ????️.

No,when they for any reason ask for "proof of residency" in the UK, you must have an official address. 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I posted a signed form on page 113 ( beginning )

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

"the tricky part is getting one out of Thailand being over 50 but not of retirement age"??

The requirements for a 90 days Non-Immigrant O based on retirement are the same in Thailand, and in for example Savannakhet. You can retire early in many countries, you don't have to be 65,just officially retired. 

Proof of retirement is often a requirement when applying out of Thailand. What's that when over 50 but less than your country retirement age? a photo of your last day in the office good enough?...the answer is there isn't anything available to prove retirement in that age group

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Proof of retirement is often a requirement when applying out of Thailand. What's that when over 50 but less than your country retirement age? a photo of your last day in the office good enough?...the answer is there isn't anything available to prove retirement in that age group

You must of course be able to officially retire early if you need to prove it. But in Savannakhet or Penang you don't need to show proof of retirement,just be at least 50 years old and meet the financial requirements. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You must of course be able to officially retire early if you need to prove it. But in Savannakhet or Penang you don't need to show proof of retirement,just be at least 50 years old and meet the financial requirements. 

So the point 5 listed here on the official site of the Thai consulate in Savahannaket is not asked in reality?

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of retirement in Thailand. The validity of visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page(s) shows the applicant’s photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

On 24 November 2019 at 12:57 PM, Jingthing said:

Are you really asking? I'd estimate about 50. 

You been to Pattaya recently? Every other person has skin like an old leather handbag, I could count tens of thousands daily, you don't get that weathered look by being there for 2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

So the point 5 listed here on the official site of the Thai consulate in Savahannaket is not asked in reality?

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of retirement in Thailand. The validity of visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page(s) shows the applicant’s photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

But it doesn't say that the letter is a proof of retirement. To be honest I don't know what kind of letter they want. You can't get proof of retirement from an embassy/consulate in Thailand. 

18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

But it doesn't say that the letter is a proof of retirement.

It says certificate of retirement from Embassy, if you read further (Chrome Translate). Paragraph 5 in the second half of the page. This is non O for over 50 at Savannakhet.

Original text: 

หนังสือรับรองการเกษียณอายุจากสถานเอกอัครราชทูตของบุคคลที่มีสัญชาตินั้น

Screenshot_20191126-160355_Chrome.jpg

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lkv said:

It says certificate of retirement from Embassy, if you read further (Chrome Translate). Paragraph 5 in the second half of the page. This is non O for over 50 at Savannakhet.

Screenshot_20191126-160355_Chrome.jpg

That's it i was talking about

thank you.

The question now is to know if they really want it or not

and the information need to be from someone who has been here done that

in the last months, because if it's not the case, it could be a costly and useless

trip to Laos for some of us

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

thank you.

in the last months, because if it's not the case, it could be a costly and useless

Maybe the conversion from a visa exempt is a better choice if they really want a proof of retirement. Then a quite short border run to Cambodia isn't that much work. Last time I heard about the conversion at Jomtien Immigration,they didn't ask for any proof of retirement. They just wanted the 800k in the bank or 65k monthly. Maybe someone at TVF has done it recently. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

thank you.

Very true, i decided not to risk it and just used an agent

I saw some reports from April (not sounding alarms) that Laos wanted police report and health check for O retirement...might want to verify that, too.  Also reports they cut all the shade trees down and run an umbrella rental business...would be funny, if it wasn't 100% believable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, moontang said:

I saw some reports from April (not sounding alarms) that Laos wanted police report and health check for O retirement...might want to verify that, too.  Also reports they cut all the shade trees down and run an umbrella rental business...would be funny, if it wasn't 100% believable.

Vientiane does indeed list slightly different requirements than Savannakhet. That said, what they each really require currently , can only be judged on fresh (or at least recent) reports.

For Vientiane, the list shown on the website is: 

Documents to submit for visa application include

1. resume
  2. A certificate of income not less than 65,000 baht per month from the embassy / consulate of the country of residence or a certificate from a bank in Thailand showing financial status of not less than 800,000 baht and already in the bank account Over 3 months
  3. Evidence of criminal record checking from resident country
  4. Medical certificate
Edited by lkv
  • Like 1