THAI execs, staff have to cut back on travel

webfact

.......Staffs per-diem travel allowances will be halved .....

Scrap per diem allowances and pay actual travel expenses against properly receipted claims by individual employees.

Wait, that mean the supermarkets will run out of the pads of generic invoices.....????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, joloit said:

The  “trolly dollies”, as you call them, are there to save your <deleted> should something happen. Not very funny, sir!!

As a new member you seem to be a touchy chap and a little bit fragile and easily upset just by the term trolley dolly.

may I suggest you harden up a bit or you may be in for a rough ride on thaivisa.

the main reason for air stewards is to make your journey as comfortable and pleasant as they can.i don't see them being very helpfull when the plane is dropping out of the sky as I've been in some cases of bad turbulence and all they do is buckle down and turn white.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

A Thai air hostess once told me (although that was many years ago) her entire family was entitled to free tickets just because she was working for the airline. And believe me when I'm saying that she had about 200 aunts and uncles, some 478 cousins as well as 600 or so of assorted nephews and nieces. Yes, I'm exaggerating but I guess you'll get my point. If a mere hostess received such perks, one only can wonder what was in for high-flying executive staff at the time.  

not sure if i believe that, Cathay only allow 2 family and 1 friend, the friend has to fly with the employee, the family can fly on stand by tickets, without the employee they are on a non profit ticket. which are at low cost, but have to pay all fees, taxes etc on top, 

18 hours ago, Creasy said:

Do you know who I am ?

Best response to that question ever:

The employee he asked got straight on the PA system "Can anyone help. We have a man here who does not know who he is. Seems relatively normal, must be having a turn or something - oh, now he is flushed. Maybe a Dr. also?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So all of this means that ther was a total mismanagement over many years. And due to mismanagement the Manager have to step down, refuce their expenses and stop that Thai Airways is used as a self service free of charge for nearly everyone , either managers, employees and all so called influental thais who seens to just robbed the company

• Like 2

For Thai Air to survive, they have to start from the CEO and their top execs, 1. All

take a 50 percent wage cut. 2. All stop free travel until they are in good financial

shape. 3. Get some outside help that knows how to get the airline in better shape.

4. Quit their corrupt practices, and too many free flights for too many staff and

especially families and friends of the staff. 5. No more free flights for any Military

people, and the Thai PM.  5555 It will never happen, but one can hope.

Geezer

20 hours ago, webfact said:

“The company will suspend or postpone sending staff for training, attending meetings or working elsewhere domestically and overseas unless it’s important or it could have a negative impact on the company if they’re not sent,” said executive vice president Suvimol Bualerd.

In any normal company one would expect this to be a factor all the time... but then this is Thailand.

Again it is the staff getting the blame for senior mangement  not doing their jobs and failing to see the economic changes around them until it could be too late!

"S--t start at the top" and flows down hill.

The problem lays with top mangement and NOT staff!!!

As a foreign even i can see that!!!

????????????

15 hours ago, G950 said:

How about they upgrade business class and add a decent premium economy because their current offerings are worst in class - prehistoric in design and the seats are worn out complete with bits hanging off them.

Those 2 classes account for 2/3 of the planes revenue and pretty much all of the profit but no one paying for those seats on Thai.

Even their club lounges are worn out..but they have opened a brand new one at Suvarn' but reviews weren't exactly brilliant!

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Notice it is the staff having to cut back on the freebies, what about all the hi-so hangers on?

My wife, Her Excellency Princess Noi na Nongbua gave up on our annual THAI front-of-the-bus allowance when they started allowing any 5-star general and his tribe fly free. We now lease space on Gulfstreams. Plenty of them that would be otherwise flying back to Stanstead empty going for a song. Fast too!

34 minutes ago, dash said:

Not so long ago Thai kicked paxes out of F so that pilots had seats in F for ZRH-BKK. The pilots didn't agree to take not sold seats in business

I recall that was due to THAI's Zurich ground staff being unable to coordinate an equipment change with the company's work-related staff travel policy.

Edited by NanLaew

Al this has been done time and time again, always the bosses get the trips (and Families) and friends of friends . Put good Western Management in charge of Thai Airways people who know how to run an airline , >>>>>>good luck with that

23 hours ago, madmen said:

How about the generals and high ranking Govt officials, will they be kicked out of 1st class? those seats are expensive

Not if already empty due to overpricing.......

23 hours ago, z42 said:

If they can halve these costs like they're proposing I dread to think just how inflated they were originally.

Just let this ghastly outfit die. 

Can't do, believe there is a major share-folder who wouldn't like that to happen, loss of face or similar..