Motorbike exhausts must meet Euro 4 standards

webfact

Never mind the bikes.

Get the truck exhaust pipes pointed at the ground. 

Many have three or six split systems blowing straight out at the tail gate level..

Euro 4 emission is a design feature. 

Same as Euro 5.

Euro 5 encompasses PM emission levels at lower levels since 2008.

Typically Thailand. 

One step behind...

Except when it comes to extracting money from people. 

Screenshot_20191108-112957_Chrome.jpg

20 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

R E A D      M Y      L I P S,

Pollution in this country is NOT CAUSED by motorcycles!

It is caused by old, unregulated diesel trucks, lorries and buses.

One million Honda Waves going to and fro to work in BKK everyday do not emit 1% of the emissions and pollutants that 100 old buses and trucks do.

Jesus.

End of.

Hi there. 

Do you have a link to substantiate your 1% claim. Is it Jesus?

Thanks.

Rooster

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Two stroke motorbikes are no longer sold here in Thailand so I think the proper priority (as mentioned above) should be focused on the diesel trucks and buses. 

The latest clean diesel (emissions) technology requires a regenerative exhaust system (regen) on diesel vehicles which utilizes DEF (aka Diesel Exhaust Fluid) to remove all particulates and meet clean air standards in the USA and other countries.  This is the common sense solution which is now mandatory in most countries that have pollution problems... not that common sense exists here (at ANY level).

Common sense or not, imagine getting all them old oil burners and New ones(vehicles being build for Thailand in Thailand they are Not up to a Western save  standard) being brought up to the Save Standard. that would cost billions.

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That would be Euro 4, and Thailand complies with that standard already for diesels.

Thailand has subscribed to the Euro system of light-duty vehicle emissions standards since May 1998. Light-duty vehicles in Thailand are currently under Euro 4 emissions standards.

Emission standards for on-road vehicles in Thailand are administered by the Pollution Control Department (PCD) and adopted by the Ministry of Industry (MOI).

All well to espout the regulation and say they support it. 

(As with many other laws and regulations).

Comformance and testing are another subject. 

TIT...

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

but really it's the diesel trucks, buses & lorries that need addressing!

A well-tuned diesel engine gives the exhaust only Co2.

I suggest a solution, let's go back to the beef or buffalo  here in Thailand; moreover it is very ecological, with the exhaust you have fertilizer for your flowers ...:crazy:

33 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Hi there. 

Thanks.

Rooster

It's well documented and the results are readily available. 

Albeit 2 years old.

The bottom line says..

(Don't want to bore anyone)

Conclusion The results from the chassis dynamometer analysis for four vehicle types show that HD-DV had the highest CO2 emission rate (an overall average of 1,198.8±93.1 g km-1), followed by LDD (268.4±21.1 g km-1), LDG (166.1±27.7 g km-1) and MC (42.5±6.1 g km-1).

This study considers emission of vehicles data from emission lab. Results from experiments conducted by a range of responses in terms of CO2 emissions of GHG for different fuel types.

NGV in particular shows high CO2 emissions, but ethanol in gasohol shows virtually no change in CO2 emissions.

The CO2 emission rates obtained in this study can be used as a basis for further studies on GHGs emission rates from various types of vehicles.

Vehicle test conditions were performed under a Bangkok driving cycle

MC is motor cycle. 

Fuel usage overall in Thailand is 76% usage in HD vehicles and trucks,  Passenger vehicles etc.

Some quick math says that bikes produce 25% to 30% of the emissions that large vehicles do.

And as said previously the large vehicles are around 76% of the total fuel consumption. 

Suggests to me that bikes contribute less than one%.

21 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

One million Honda Waves going to and fro to work in BKK everyday do not emit 1% of the emissions and pollutants that 100 old buses and trucks do.

Jesus.

End of.

Can you show a photo of your red rosy lips so I can read it? 

21 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

End of.

Right on the spot , in stead of building a high speed train from bkk to pattaya wich costs a s... load of money . They should replace all the busses and trucks from construction companies . I know a train will be less polluting then cars driving from bkk to pattaya but how many people will actualy take the train while they can drive there and when there use their own car in stead of taking the train and having to drive around in taxi's the whole day . 

41 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

It's well documented and the results are readily available. 

Albeit 2 years old.

The bottom line says..

(Don't want to bore anyone)

Conclusion The results from the chassis dynamometer analysis for four vehicle types show that HD-DV had the highest CO2 emission rate (an overall average of 1,198.8±93.1 g km-1), followed by LDD (268.4±21.1 g km-1), LDG (166.1±27.7 g km-1) and MC (42.5±6.1 g km-1).

This study considers emission of vehicles data from emission lab. Results from experiments conducted by a range of responses in terms of CO2 emissions of GHG for different fuel types.

NGV in particular shows high CO2 emissions, but ethanol in gasohol shows virtually no change in CO2 emissions.

The CO2 emission rates obtained in this study can be used as a basis for further studies on GHGs emission rates from various types of vehicles.

Vehicle test conditions were performed under a Bangkok driving cycle

MC is motor cycle. 

Fuel usage overall in Thailand is 76% usage in HD vehicles and trucks,  Passenger vehicles etc.

Some quick math says that bikes produce 25% to 30% of the emissions that large vehicles do.

And as said previously the large vehicles are around 76% of the total fuel consumption. 

Suggests to me that bikes contribute less than one%.

Interesting.

But where is the bit that says 100 trucks - and 1% of their emissions - is equivalent to one million motorcycles as was claimed. 

I wasn't doubting that trucks and such pollute much more than bikes, just the numbers.

Rooster

6 hours ago, legend49 said:

Or any European standard? Why use European standards I thought we lived in SE Asia?

Ouch !  even Brexit done  or not , here thy come the exemplary E.U. rules promoted ….., sorry Brits (wink wink wink...! )

Be honest , it is needed for the air and noise pollution 

22 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

End of.

More smoke and mirrors, will not happen, old buses ,trucks etc, are a major part of problem ......

1 minute ago, Nice Boyd said:

They always hear me...

This is not entirely true.  In Thailand 90 percent drive with windows rolled up aircon on and stereos or phones distracting them.  These noisy motorbikes need to be taken off the road and the drivers fined heavily.  This is noise pollution at its worst.

• Sad 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:18 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

End of.

And Joss sticks !!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Hi there. 

Thanks.

Rooster

No.

I made it up off the top of my head. Still sounds reasonable to me.

3 hours ago, Bkkthebest said:

Can you show a photo of your red rosy lips so I can read it? 

20141203_121748.jpg.1d15be031d916a137fa2fb495322698c.jpg

3 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Interesting.

But where is the bit that says 100 trucks - and 1% of their emissions - is equivalent to one million motorcycles as was claimed. 

I wasn't doubting that trucks and such pollute much more than bikes, just the numbers.

Rooster

Quite right in the numerical sense. 

100 trucks on the HD testing will contribute 1.14% of emissions x 100 would be 114.

But NOT a percentage. 

One million bikes at the 0.35% figure of emissions would be 350,000.

You have to break it down to ppm, and other boring things. 

But doesn't sound as interesting does it..

Nonetheless the article is interesting and shows that Thailand can produce some great statistics, even with Windows NT software. 

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, Seismic said:

I find it laughable that you will quibble semantics about motorcycles and then boldly proclaim there are "regulations for trucks and buses", as if this actually meant something. Drive anywhere in Thailand at any time and you will see just how well these 'regulations' are enforced.

It's not semantics and I'd challenge you to provide anything, apart from Thaivisa member hearsay and urban myth, that shows that the same standards that are used in Europe are not enforced in Thailand.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, dallen52 said:

All well to espout the regulation and say they support it. 

(As with many other laws and regulations).

Comformance and testing are another subject. 

Yes, they are another subject, even so I'd be interested to know whether you're suggesting that there is no compliance and if so what's your evidence for that?