Window Tint

RAZZELL

59 minutes ago, LOS1 said:

When we bought our car the dealer recommended 60 % sides and 40 % front/rear. 

that is also what is legal in Thailand but of course most go darker and the law is never enforced.  80% on the sides is fine in the day but at night it is too dark for safety.  You will find yourself opening the windows to see better at times with 80%.  60% on the front seems ok to me, no problem seeing at night.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

80% looks a bit to dark or a night....60%?

I would recommend 60% bronze with UV protection, noting that I had Bosch 40% put on from the dealership for 3,000 baht extra, they said it had UV, but I found out later that it didn't, hence the reason I changed to the 60% bronze colour with UV protection, no more burning skin, sure a little hard to drive at night (at first) in areas not lit up, but you get used to it as I did, and considering I only drive locally, i.e. within 20 kilometres at night through a couple of villages with the rest of the road not lit up, it's not an issue, but have also driven to Pattaya, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai, all about 10 hours from home, leaving during the early hours of the morning, 3am and at night getting home from around 6pm-10pm and no issues.

Great during the summer season, car is super cool and the sun doesn't bother the skin.

I paid 8,000 baht to give you a guide and it is an American made film.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Lots of Posts on tints suggest you look up. NEVER put a tint on the front window. But you can put a small tint above your eye level.

As I have put before Toyota use a good one on their Tunas, Black Reflective from the outside but you can still see perfectly well from the inside. If Toya have them they must be available elsewhere.

Couple of snaps to give you an idea second one shows the vision from inside. Front window open and rear one closed. Hope this helps.

IMGP0021.JPG

IMGP0023.JPG

That's how dark I want the sides but maybe not the front.

Do you know what make of film that was and does it vary from Toyota dealer to dealer or is it a standard one for all Toyotas?

I take it I have to ask for one with UV protection?

RAZZ

3 minutes ago, ifmu said:

now show us what it is like at night ... big difference

Yes, I agree.

On cars I have driven I have often had to put the side window down to get a better view.

However, I don't think I will be driving much at night as when we go out for dinner we usually drink - so don't drink and drive.

RAZZ

Any tint you prefer on the side/rear windows (perhaps darker on the back side and rear windows and lighter on the front side windows) but NONE (other than a thin strip at the top) on the front windscreen. Drive a car with any tinting on the front windscreen at night and you will see why - unless of course if you never ever drive at night.!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

That's how dark I want the sides but maybe not the front.

Do you know what make of film that was and does it vary from Toyota dealer to dealer or is it a standard one for all Toyotas?

I take it I have to ask for one with UV protection?

RAZZ

I did say DONT put tint on the front window Unless you have Xenon or LED lights you'll be bu//erd vision wise. Even with a slight bit of tint it will mar your vision.

If they vary form dealer to dealer I doubt it as that's what they seem to put on all the Tunas. You'll just have to go in and ask. 

In reply to all the peeps that have put dark tints on their cars and have to wind the windows down to see you have got to be crazy.

And to the one that asked now show us what it is like at night time. I have no intention of driving around at night taking snaps just to show you. If you cant see there's little or no difference in the snap with the windows Up/Down I put in, you need glasses. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Suggest you relook at snap can you or cant you see the RED Cherries on the tree out of rear window (That's up). How clear do you want it for Buddha sake.

My Buddha you put posts in to try and help people and you get stupid replies like put 80% on side windows. Mostly from some that haven't a clue about modern day tints. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 2

There are window tint laws in Thailand although I accept enforcement is almost non-existent.  Tinting the windscreen is illegal.  It should be noted that although you'll get away with it in Thailand, if travelling to Malaysia you are very likely to be stopped at the border and have to remove the tints before being allowed to proceed although under new legislation that only applies to the windscreen and front side windows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

May I ask you if you weare shorts and short sleeved shirts when outside of the car?  Genuine question.

I had a skin cancer 80cm long incision removed from my right side of my face (cheek) due to sun piercing the window on the side I drive on, that may answer your question ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bugattiklaus said:

None , !!!! Engineers design and optimize your Windshield like it is !

Many Accidents cause of that , in Rain you will peal each Window Tint off ,

cause it reflashs !

Order a darker OEM Window ,!!

best regards from a Master of Bodywork and Carmaking 

Mine tint was still like new after 11+ years when I sold it......????

PS. Only had tint on the top 8" of the front screen, the rest of the rides glass was covered.....

Photo1178-001.jpg.d9e0ef8fb19dbf8a46c034e395790d17.jpg