'Poison' of anti-Semitism has taken root in UK's Labour - Chief Rabbi

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, naboo said:

You're explanation is nothing. Israel's foreign policy is nasty. Israel's foreign policy is nothing to do with the religion of the majority of it's citizens. I'll criticise it all I like. Using antisemitism as a defence shows that there is no better defence.

You may, I may continue to see promoting an equivalence of Israel and Nazi Germany as hate speech. That is not normal criticism of a government's foreign policy. It's hate speech tailored to make Jews angry. If that excites you, enjoy yourself but I think our conversation is over. Bye.

Edited by Jingthing

As we see here, the seething hatred some people have for Jewish people is not far under the surface.

A post on Syria or  Sudan where millions have been slaughtered, would barely be noticed.

The issue here is Jews, and people who become enraged and aggressive when they are mentioned.

The issue with Corybn is not that a few Labour people have been caught saying bad things, that happens all the time in all parties, but  people like this, who have taken over much of the Labour party since Corbyn's rule.

There is a level of psychotic, obsessive and deranged hate that people like this display when Jews are mentioned. 

The problem with Corbyn, is that he has spent most of his life supporting, praising, giving money to and protecting them.

Jews aren't just trying to protect Israel by complaining about Corbyn, they're trying not to get killed again.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have another POV as I'm not from the U.K. Consider this -- a young Jewish person tries to join up with some others working on "progressive" issues (which you can associate with Labour). Then she's confronted because she's Jewish to prove that she shares the most toxic POV about Israel (see above, conflating Israel to Nazi Germany). Then she might say I support the right of Israel to exist and defend itself and I also support the rights of Palestinian people. That won't be good enough for the ideological purists whose power seems to be growing. Jews in the west traditionally at the very core of progressive politics are more and more being made to feel unwelcome. Of course that doesn't mean voting Tory either! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

By fair treatment do you mean the destruction of Israel and the creation of the one state they want- their own. Exposing the anti semitism in the labour party, which has been done by labour MP's and not all Jews, is not 'abuse' it's pointing out abuse coming from the labour party.

Corbyn has never supported ‘the destruction of Israel’.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

But his terrorist friends do

The PLO, Corbyn and I want the destruction of the racist supremacist ideology of Zionism not Israel or Jews, although one may or may not need to call Israel by another name when it becomes a true secular democracy where the majority indigenous Palestinians have the same civil and human rights as everyone else.

Edited by dexterm

On 11/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, a veteran campaigner for Palestinian rights’.

Nuff said.

Then let him stand as a politician in palestein,instead of masquerading as a politician in britain,enough said.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Then let him stand as a politician in palestein,instead of masquerading as a politician in britain,enough said.

Is the notion of politicians who have principles and global perspectives which extend beyond Caribbean tax havens and Russian oligarchs really such a threat to you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is the notion of politicians who have principles and global perspectives which extend beyond Caribbean tax havens and Russian oligarchs really such a threat to you?

People that swallow the nonsense offered by the labour party are a threat to us all. Labour politicians are just as bad at using tax havens to hide they money, just their hypocrisy is worse, off the charts worse. Shame on anybody that believes labour would end Caribbean tax havens and not engage in shady business with Russian oligarchs.

as a tiny sample..

New figures at Companies House reveal that ‘Labour Party Properties Limited’ – a venture that owns 19 buildings across the UK – declared zero tax in 2018 despite profits of nearly £630,000.

And it last paid money to the Treasury in 2003.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9977694/labour-property-business-tax-dodge/

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Yeah it is to all of us when politicians keep sticking their noses in things that have nothing to do with the uk,for example Blair making up a pack of lies about weapons of mass destruction and murdering 25,000 Iraqi civilians and as a direct result we,ve had British citizens murdered on our streets by radicalized muslims,

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Yeah it is to all of us when politicians keep sticking their noses in things that have nothing to do with the uk,for example Blair making up a pack of lies about weapons of mass destruction and murdering 25,000 Iraqi civilians and as a direct result we,ve had British citizens murdered on our streets by radicalized muslims,

Blair is not a current Labour MP and Corbyn opposed his war. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Blair is not a current Labour MP and Corbyn opposed his war. 

Did I say Blair was a current mp?no you,'re just trying to put words in my mouth and not doing a very good job.And as for Corbyn opposing the war,why didn,t he resign if he was against it so passionately?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Corbyn has never supported ‘the destruction of Israel’.

You seem to be posting a lot of confused emojis,dare I suggest you,ve received too many blows to the head in your career as a Morris dancer and should consider wearing head protection in future.

• Confused 2

On 11/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, elliss said:

Spot on . 

JC.  is quite content in his role, as  inactive opossition to the goverment.

Tory party , what an easy ride they have had .. 

Card carrying member of JDL.

What was the poison again?? 

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

You tell me. I abhor antisemitism, What about you?

Where is the incident of anti semitism in the article? 

That's what prompted my initial post. Seems just like scapegoating and propaganda. 

Alarmist, fake news but not surprised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Where is the incident of anti semitism in the article? 

That's what prompted my initial post. Seems just like scapegoating and propaganda. 

Alarmist, fake news but not surprised.

Well, I go on to mention it later on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47400029

MP Luciana Berger's decision to quit the party over anti-Semitism was Labour's "worst day of shame" in its 120-year history, Tom Watson has said.

Labour's deputy leader said Ms Berger had been "bullied out of her own party by racist thugs".

But apparently Luciana Berger and Tom Watson are liars.

1 minute ago, MRToMRT said:

But that makes him an anti-zionist (along with a LOT of other people around the world) and not an anti-semite.

I am not a Corbyn supporter but this is all a crock.

That may be true, but there is quite a thin line between anti-zionist and anti-semite. Ken Livingstone crossed that line and lost his job.

• Confused 1