Five immigration officers swoop! German on five day overstay arrested outside Pattaya hotel

webfact

53 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah it seems thai elite also is not allowed to give you a visa anymore with even a single overstay...

How is this even thailand anymore if you can't buy yourself free with money ????

I find this interesting. I had an overstay about 15 years ago. What is the statute 9f limitations on that? 

1 hour ago, champers said:

5 days seems trivial and I guess plenty of people do overstays of this length and just pay the fine on the way out. This arrest sends a message and it isn't pleasant.

But it is not so trivial. The guy was knowingly on overstay in contravention of the law and his permission to stay which is clearly stamped in his passport.

He was taking a chance thinking he could get away with the overstay and buy his way out by paying a basic fine at the airport.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

5 days seems trivial and I guess plenty of people do overstays of this length and just pay the fine on the way out. This arrest sends a message and it isn't pleasant.

The only message this arrest sends is, don't overstay your visa, or time permitted to stay.

I don't get the "it isn't pleasant" part ?

So, you are 45 yo, book a holiday in Thailand, have your round trip ticket, get you Visa on arrival.  How do you overstay?  Do airlines let you book a return ticket for longer that your Visa allows as a tourist? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

So, you are 45 yo, book a holiday in Thailand, have your round trip ticket, get you Visa on arrival.  How do you overstay?  Do airlines let you book a return ticket for longer that your Visa allows as a tourist? 

Some get a 30 day extension (or 60 day for Thai family reasons) but it doesn't say how long he had been here or what his visa status was.