French farmers clog highways to protest at 'agri-bashing'

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Resentment among farmers has been growing at what they call “agri-bashing”, or criticism of agriculture over issues ranging from pesticide use to animal welfare.

Attacks on livestock farms and butcher’s shops by vegan activists have caused particular outrage. Longstanding tensions with environmental associations have meanwhile deepened amid debates about banning glyphosate and restricting pesticide use near residential areas.

sounds like western whine from loss of face, oh wait lol..

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Attacks on livestock farms and butcher’s shops by vegan activists have caused particular outrage.

This really gets on my goat and even more than Macron annoys me.  

I don't wish these activists harm but they reap what they sow and there will be a fatality soon enough.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/vegan-activist-who-rescued-16-rabbits-killed-over-100-in-the-process-report/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Plenty more of that sort of carry on when uk leaves the eu and they lose even more of their subsidies,still they can always pass the hat round all the existing members like Italy and greece,sure they,'ll b.e happy to tighten their belts to make up the shortfall.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

France is the largest agricultural producer in the EU and the biggest beneficiary of subsidies under the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy.

Farm unions are gearing up for negotiations over the next EU budget, which could see agricultural spending trimmed due to Britain’s planned exit from the bloc.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-11-27

https://images.app.goo.gl/R9BAd46V4Sc4amrh9p

It is fair to say that concern over filling the hike in the EUs budget caused by the UK's impending departure is spreading in  France!

Imagine how "clogged" the streets would become if Thai farmers challenged the glyphosate ban by driving their buffalo plough herds into Bangkok. Not to mention the methane pollution!

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Imagine how "clogged" the streets would become if Thai farmers challenged the glyphosate ban by driving their buffalo plough herds into Bangkok. Not to mention the methane pollution!

LOL. Have you been in rural Thailand recently? I think not, as they don't use buffalos anymore. Rare to even see a buffalo anymore.

Good on the French farmers for blocking the townies roads. Might remind them where their food comes from. NZ farmers might be getting angry enough to follow suit, hopefully. Government hates farmers.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Have you been in rural Thailand recently? I think not, as they don't use buffalos anymore. Rare to even see a buffalo anymore.

As you no longer live in Thailand, you are totally unaware of the buffalo numbers here.

At Phon 30 ks south from me, they have a sunday market for buying and selling buffalos, i was there only 8 weeks ago, and there were at least 2000 buffalos there for sale.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

As you no longer live in Thailand, you are totally unaware of the buffalo numbers here.

At Phon 30 ks south from me, they have a sunday market for buying and selling buffalos, i was there only 8 weeks ago, and there were at least 2000 buffalos there for sale.

As one that made regular trips through rural rice growing areas of Thailand to the village I only ever saw an occasional buffalo, and the only herd I saw was near Chang Dao, where they obviously rear them for some reason other than plowing.

Perhaps they raise them for meat, but the sight of a buffalo plowing is not something I've seen.

However, I stand corrected, apologies to kraitboy, and clog up the city highways with them by all means. That's a sight I'd love to see on down town Sukhumvit.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Really? Wonder if the begging letters have changed, too?

Dearest Teelac,

Please send much money quick? Paw says buffalo tractor sick and cannot harvest rice".