New Volvo V60 407hp

br12stol

I know it is a lot of Money 2.3 Million but as far as cars go here actually not bad value. faster 0-100 km than a  BMW M3 at 4.5 seconds and only 200k more than in UK 

All new Volvo V60 T8 AWD

Official price (Contains Malay)

• V60 T8 Momentum AWD 2,290,000 baht
  • V60 T8 Inscription AWD 2,690,000 baht

Come with Volvo Warranty, 3 years or 100,000 km of car quality warranty and Volvo Assistance, 24 hour emergency service for 1 year.

Engine

T8 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid AWD

2.0-liter petrol engine, 1,969 cc., 4 cylinders, code B4204T35, cylinder x stroke: 82.0 x 93.2 mm, compression ratio of 10.3: 1, towed Turbocharged and supercharged with a maximum power of 320 horsepower (PS) at 5,700 rpm and 440 new torque Tons work with electric motors of 87 horsepower

When the engine works with an electric motor Combined with a maximum power of 407 horsepower, maximum torque of 640 Nm, paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission Geartronic with Plug-in Hybrid, 11.6 kWh Lithium-ion battery, voltage 270-400 V, front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive. Rear Axel Drive, maximum oil support E10

v60_t8_awd_spec_banner.jpg

v60_t8_awd_spec_banner.jpg

Edited by br12stol
posted double
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

What are you going to do with 407hp on Thai roads?

If you want to look at it from that perspective what would you do with 407 BHP on any road in the world?

There are some great roads in Thailand. remember the good old days when we used to be able to have fun and enjoy driving?

• Like 1

I remember coming to Thailand back in 87' and you could see on the roads were Volvos they were the king of european cars in Thailand, but since than the brand took a huge tumble with the introductions of many other european marques brands of cars and nowadays there are hardly any new Volvos on the road...

9 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The stop light drags are great fun.......????

I put a 5.8 V8 in a VW camper, there were quite a few boy racers who had their day ruined at the stop light drags.......????..............????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I remember coming to Thailand back in 87' and you could see on the roads were Volvos they were the king of european cars in Thailand, but since than the brand took a huge tumble with the introductions of many other european marques brands of cars and nowadays there are hardly any new Volvos on the road...

Safety, other brands have caught up with Volvo now, back in the day they were considered to be the safest car on the road, I had a company car back then - a Volvo - we had no choice, the roads were dangerous back back then, few though they were! company reckoned we had a fighting chance of surviving in a crash with a Volvo.

• Like 1

I’m holding out for the XC40 recharge.

Is pure EV that should be also priced cheaper than the V60. Check out the specs:

Twin motor 400+ hp AWD

0-100 in 4.8 sec

400km range

150kw DC charge capability (meaning typical 25-80% should be around 20 min)

Price ‘should’ be 2,000,000 

Release date is mid 2020

https://insideevs.com/reviews/376818/volvo-xc40-recharge-specs-range-price-details/

Edited by madhav
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

Safety, other brands have caught up with Volvo now, back in the day they were considered to be the safest car on the road, I had a company car back then - a Volvo - we had no choice, the roads were dangerous back back then, few though they were! company reckoned we had a fighting chance of surviving in a crash with a Volvo.

One of my favourite cars I had was a 1988 V6 Volvo Estate, the same as this one.....????......

volvo.jpg.cf2f0cc4d20990443ecabd0df0fe5aee.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Back in my much younger days we found the Volvos the worst to try to enter if we - Ah ... 'misplaced' the keys !!!

Back in my much, much younger days when I primarily rode motorcycles if you came across a Volvo on your travels - it was a red flag - they piloted by notoriously bad drivers who considered themselves only, cocooned in their safe space - if the driver was also wearing a flat cap, flashing lights accompanied the red flags! 

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

You should know that Thailand is one of the fewest places in the world where the biggest fine for speeding is 500 baht that you don't need to pay.

If anything, 407 HP is only useful in Thailand and some sections of the German autobahn.

I have a 90 HP bike and trust me, I wouldn't have been able to use all of it anywhere else other than Thailand.

32 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

407 HP ... peanuts

Where can you use it - anywhere.

It is the acceleration you get from High HP and TQ

Those that do not understand have never driven anything with respectable HP

No such thing as too much

Agreed!

And especially considering this model has AWD, meaning is actually possible to get decent traction also.