Lost in translation – Karon seafood restaurant staff chase American customer

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really time, that more foreigners start to post all this unfair treatments in of Thais in social media.

That is the only real language Thais understand, when they lose all the foreign costumers and tourists. As a matter of fact, Thailand is a very fascist country. So, why do people still remenber the Hitler regime but never mention Thai with their "Nazi" behavior?????

29 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

we all know what most likely happened. a misunderstanding that the farang couldnt handle with a smile and some politeness, but insyead went full beserk arrogant insulting loud voice etc. proof me wrong. 

A smile and wai and all is forgiven???  Fantasy. The fact is that we are all just one slight misstep from being put in the exact same situation. Maybe you give the taxi driver a 20 when you meant to give a 50. You accidentally step in some display on the street, which may or may not have been put there for you to do just that. Or you're just a tourist with no experience in the country and unfamiliar with the currency and end up with a mob chasing you down the street intent on murdering you.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

This is how they all fight, not one of them are man enough to fight their own battle.

I know a Thai guy that could take on six foreigners alone and beat the snot out of them.
<><><><><><><><><>
BobinBkk ... Do you honestly believe you can beat a competent Muay Thai fighter?  If so, perhaps we can organize some bare knuckle events for you to make some money with.  GOOD LUCK! 555

Looks like he was already out of the Restaurant and starting to leave when attacked.

Can not Assume anything until all accounts are in.

However it could be some Parking Fine Scam he refused to pay, as I doubt he would have

been able to leave the Restaurant for a bill due them.

Once in Bangkok Seafood restaurant scam, was charged B14,000.00 for one Lobster.

I paid and got a receipt, thinking I could get justice from Tourist Police,

Only got must have been "Alloy Dee Mak Mak" from them.

Just put it down as Education expense and move on.

Bottom Line it seems to be used for Negative media against Falangs.

I doubt this was a parking dispute. That wouldn't result in all the restaurant staff including waiters and even cooks chasing you.

Perhaps an eat and run, or eat and forget to pay, or eat and refuse to pay an exorbitant bill.

A few observations" the guy hitting with the flag was the same one decked just before, he found a stick near where he landed.  The girl following behind wearing a red top, bike helmet and worried expression seems to be the guys girlfriend.

The last guy carrying a large weapon and running flat out seemed ready to commit murder, perhaps he was most aggrieved by whatever happened. 

2 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

This is how they all fight, not one of them are man enough to fight their own battle.

Who is this 'they' you speak of. I once saw a number of Brits (it was a Brit run place before the snowflakes start giving it 'how do you know they were Brits'?) in a go go bar in LK Metro do a beat down on another Farang.

Must have been 7 or 8 of them punching and kicking him then they CS's him (unfortunately it got into the aircon system and gassed the rest of us).

After he was beaten up it was all high 5s, 'manly' chest bumps and handshakes and 'Awroight my Sans'.  Bunch of throbbers and I've never been back since.

Thug mentality exists everywhere its not just a Thai thing.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm thinking he parked in front of their restaurant in a bit of the road they considered theirs.

Doubtful.  The only people that run people off in that area are taxi drivers.  Back to your crystal ball I guess.

Pushing, yelling even a punch or two are no biggie but when a mob of more than a dozen people pick up weapons or dangerous objects with the intent to use them as weapons, join together with the intent to hurt or possibly kill a sole individual then they need to be arrested and jailed.  If not they will continue until the do kill someone.  I recommend foreigners spread the word and boycott the entire road until the attackers are jailed.

When I see something like this, I start to think again about leaving this country. After 15 years staying here, i know this is a common behavior.

In particular, these always friendly, lovely Thai girls with their smile and their almond eyes...  in this video, the reality becomes apparent... out of control, ready to kill this nasty alien for nothing worth.

Little robots running amok.

Welcome to LOS.

This is happening on a daily basis in Patong, Karon, kata. Tuk-tuk and taxi mafia much more beasts, and often doing the same. The Thai police, having lunch and dinner in those restaurants for free from the owner. Actually, Thais doing whatever they want and happy to pay that bloody 500 fees. Thailand is a wild west and will be until the local owners and taxi mafia hand by hand working together with a police department. The truth is , most of the Thais are not like that and they are a shame too. 

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The birman staff of the restaurant was not aware of his nationality

every tourist is (Miss)treated in the same bad way with this parking problem

i have been ejected with roughness from a lot of parking lot in front of business in Pattaya.

The only time i have left my motorbike despite the sign ''parking for customers only'' at my

return my tires were flat, Lesson learned. Obviously in Thailand the street is not a public place.

Where does it say that this was a parking dispute, and is it often that a whole bunch of

angry attack a man in the street over such a trivial matter?

When I've parked in someone's perceived space I've been shooed away with chatter

and arm waving, gone on to find an alternative space. No point in getting into a

situation over stuff like this.

14 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Where does it say that this was a parking dispute, and is it often that a whole bunch of

angry attack a man in the street over such a trivial matter?

When I've parked in someone's perceived space I've been shooed away with chatter

and arm waving, gone on to find an alternative space. No point in getting into a

situation over stuff like this.

Just look at the video, the brawl start from the parking area

and yes the attack of one man by a whole bunch of angry in the

street other such a trivial matter is quite comon in Thailand, you should

watch the local news more often.

You can be lucky and asked to move away with an arm waving but also be unlucky and

face a very rude attitude and comment, i have personaly experimented the two here in Pattaya.

i agree with your last point, the best thing is to move to an alternative place

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

The American out of control He ADMIT he start the fight. 

NO THAI IN THIS STORY!

Are you saying this 44 year old American man picked a fight with a group of 10 younger men all in their prime?

Sounds a little far fetched don't ya think!

Although give him his dues I think he got the upper hand in standing up for himself.

23 hours ago, Ventenio said:

never seen anything so crazy.  this was no misunderstanding.  for sure over money.  bill was probably like 7000 baht and he said he will pay 300.  only money makes you this crazy.   

OMG You've just made a whole story up without any knowledge of what happened, calm down my friend you've got far too much time on your hands. 

Archived