Very late on 90 day reporting...what am I facing?

I renewed my long-term extension to stay in Thailand on 20 Sep.  My last 90 day reporting was done online on 10 July.  I thought that renewing my visa on 20 Sep meant that my next reporting date would be 20 Dec (i.e.: the renewed extension would reset the clock on 90 day reporting).  I now realize it probably should have been done by 10 October (90 days after last reporting).

How serious will this be when I go into Imm in-person today to straighten this out?  Is it just a 2000 baht fine, or something more serious?

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Anybody happen to know if Chiang Mai Imm office closes for lunch or not?

Not closed , better invest in a calendar, Banks will be giving them away,

and enter all important dates, better than getting a 2000 THB fine.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Anybody happen to know if Chiang Mai Imm office closes for lunch or not?

For anyone else searching for the answer, just found a note from NancyL dated in March 18 2019:

"Chiang Mai Immigration has changed their ways and continues to operate during lunch time.  Did my 90 day report last week at 12:30 pm.  Took about 15 minutes.  Brilliant."

So I'll assume (unless somebody says different) that they no longer close for lunch.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Not closed , better invest in a calendar, Banks will be giving them away,

and enter all important dates, better than getting a 2000 THB fine.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks for confirming they do not close for lunch.  BTW, I normally am very good with deadline dates but made incorrect assumption that renewing my long-stay visa "reset" the clock on 90 day reporting and only realized my error today when I tried to report online and was locked out from doing so.

Wow, things sure have changed since Immigration was at Promenada!  Imm officers at the Airport location were so nice and accommodating, and everything was so well-organized...and I did not even get charged a 2,000 baht fine for late reporting!

I gave my TM.47 and passport to an officer and when he saw I was reporting late, said I would have to go up to the 3rd floor because he "wasn't sure how they would handle this".  That got me a little nervous. 

The officer on the 3rd floor asked me to explain why I was reporting so late, and then basically said it was an honest mistake and not to worry.  She did something on the computer (I'm not sure what) and then told me to go back downstairs to turn in my TM.47.  When I did, they just updated my passport with the new TM.47 slip and did NOT even charge me a 2,000 baht fine.  Amazing!  

Just like @NancyL said, it only took about 15 minutes altogether!  I am impressed!  I think Imm must be under new management or something because it was actually a very pleasant experience overall.

Also, I think lunch time is THE time to go there.  I guess not many people realize that they no longer close for lunch because the place was not crowded at all.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 12/17/2019 at 1:04 PM, WaveHunter said:

Wow, things sure have changed since Immigration was at Promenada!  Imm officers at the Airport location were so nice and accommodating, and everything was so well-organized...and I did not even get charged a 2,000 baht fine for late reporting!

I gave my TM.47 and passport to an officer and when he saw I was reporting late, said I would have to go up to the 3rd floor because he "wasn't sure how they would handle this".  That got me a little nervous. 

The officer on the 3rd floor asked me to explain why I was reporting so late, and then basically said it was an honest mistake and not to worry.  She did something on the computer (I'm not sure what) and then told me to go back downstairs to turn in my TM.47.  When I did, they just updated my passport with the new TM.47 slip and did NOT even charge me a 2,000 baht fine.  Amazing!  

Just like @NancyL said, it only took about 15 minutes altogether!  I am impressed!  I think Imm must be under new management or something because it was actually a very pleasant experience overall.

Also, I think lunch time is THE time to go there.  I guess not many people realize that they no longer close for lunch because the place was not crowded at all.

Maybe you left the country in between 10th July and today?

On 12/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, WaveHunter said:

I did and did not find an answer.  No need to get all huffy with the !!!???

On 12/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, tinca tinca said:

why not use google to find out !!!???

I thought that was what forums are for to ask for information. Must have got that wrong about this one

On 12/18/2019 at 5:26 PM, Knocker33 said:

I thought that was what forums are for to ask for information. Must have got that wrong about this one

673523954_snapshot_2019-12-20at12_43_10PM.jpg.0d83757118b86770e5306344eba333b7.jpg

LOL...Exactly!  There's always someone on a forum that has that canned response that you should use Google to find the answer, when in fact it makes much more sense to ask a targeted audience for a precise answer to your question.  My canned response to such a reply is..."If you don't have something helpful to add to a thread, why not just shut your mouth?"  Hope that's not too politically incorrect of me to put it like that.????

Also, just to add to that, the 2nd canned response is "why don't you use the search bar on ThaiVisa?"  Well, the answer is that the search function on ThaiVisa is absolutely terrible!  ThaiVisa's search engine often fails to find keywords even in the post's title, let alone in the text body.

Now for a HELPFUL tip:  If you do want to search ThaiVisa for something don't even bother using the search bar.  Instead, a far more effective way to do it is use Google Search in the following way: 

You just go to the search bar on the Google Search engine and type in your search term in parenthesis, followed by the word, ThaiVisa, also in parenthesis.  So, "search term" "ThaiVisa"It works like a charm and will find every instance of your search term no matter how old a post might be or how buried it is in the body of the text, and it will find the exact page of the thread for which the search term exists!  It eludes me why ThaiVisa's search engine works so poorly!

Edited by WaveHunter