Hero cave-diver felt 'humiliated, dirtied and ashamed' by Elon Musk 'paedo' insult

webfact

How the outpouring of support and sympathy for Unsworth has evaporated, TVF was full of posters urging Unsworth to sue and get a big payday.

Now it seems he should have listened to the wiser ones who told him to back off, sorry but you blew it, a sad ending.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Name calling is never pleasant but neither were Unsworths original remarks that set the ball rolling.

Unsworth first words were it is just a PR stunt this was followed by a tweet branding Unsworth as a ‘pedo guy’ by musk, that is when Unsworth told him where to shove his submarine.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/05/girlfriend-of-hero-rescue-diver-elon-musk-dubbed-pedo-guy-reveals-truth-behind-child-bride-slurs-7916854/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

They were terrible comments from Musk and IMO some financial compensation should have been given (maybe a few hundred thousand dollars) but I think Vernon got greedy with the amount asked.

I don't think Musk has come out of this very well though. Now, when I think of Tesla I no longer think of the company with the cool concepts, I think of the company that has the <deleted> owner. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They were terrible comments from Musk and IMO some financial compensation should have been given (maybe a few hundred thousand dollars) but I think Vernon got greedy with the amount asked.

I don't think Musk has come out of this very well though. Now, when I think of Tesla I no longer think of the company with the cool concepts, I think of the company that has the <deleted> owner. 

It's far more likely that his American lawyers were the greedy ones and not Unsworth.  Don't forget they would stand to get 40% of any damages awarded.  

• Like 1

This was also reported in The Daily Mail so I guess his Agent is now hard at work trying to scrape the last dredges from bottom of the cash barrel.

According to the court case he never gave interviews before because they weren't paying enough.

• Haha 1

Musk made that pedo comment with ultimate malice. Then he back tracked after being advised by his legal team. He is a coward. 

In the US a rich person can buy their way out of nearly any crime with enough money. It is a very corrupt and broken system that favors the rich. You throw millions at a legal team and they can create doubt in the mind of most juries. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

<SNIP>

Conversely, maybe they can now give away with the purchase of a Tesla a free pedometer:

1478090712_414DTucfuWL._SX425_(2).jpg.ebed4916c6bb3baac048c582061195cd.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Musk made that pedo comment with ultimate malice. Then he back tracked after being advised by his legal team. He is a coward. 

In the US a rich person can buy their way out of nearly any crime with enough money. It is a very corrupt and broken system that favors the rich. You throw millions at a legal team and they can create doubt in the mind of most juries. 

A juror speaking to the press said that the California jury instructions require 5 points to be met to find for plaintiff's libel claim and the case presented by the plaintiff did not meet them.

• Like 1

Last year I respected you and I was very angry with Musk for what he had written, today I am of the opinion that you are only disappointed for not having received the amount of money you were hoping for, SHAME and stop crying, you are not a pedophile, you know it, should be enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Agree , a $ 100,000 and a handshake. That vast amount asked for was on behalf of this pro bono courtcase , The lawyers win and they get 50% , no win they get nothing except publicity , no money for Vern to pay except expenses such as travel. I believe this to be right as I read too many John Grisholm novels.

• Haha 2