In historic moment, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power

webfact

It's an accomplishment, really.  There have been presidents who have not distinguished themselves that in time are merely names memorized in history class by schoolkids.  Some are noted individually, like Washington and Lincoln.  Then there are the lists, like those who died in office, and those who were impeached.  At the beginning of his 2nd term the Clinton WH was put to work on establishing Bill's legacy: well, that chore solved itself!  Congrats, Donnie, your legacy has been established. 

But there is an ugliness to this, and there is no amount of lipstick gonna change that, whether he gets removed from office or not, and there is no way to play that down.  It might hurt Don Jr when he runs for president in 2024.

But if he is still in the WH on January 21 it's possible he'll be the first commander in chief to be removed by his own military.

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:10 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

I think that there is one factor to remember; the blockage of documents, testimony and documentary evidence by Trump ain't gonna last.

The simple fact is that there will be a Democratic President, likely in 2020 but in 2024 at the latest, and all the documents that the Trump Administration is hiding will come out; they are still on file, even if they are not being shown. Further, if anyone from the current Trump Administration wants to ever work in a Senate-confirmed position ever again (many of the current Trump staffers are young enough to do so, given the chance), then they will be asked questions under oath during their potential confirmation hearing(s).

Or, perhaps John Bolton's book will tell all.

The truth, as always, will get out. it is just a question of when.

This Impeachment will resonate for a loooooooong time.

What's to stop the GOP from impeaching the Dem POTUS again and again and again?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TPI said:

What's to stop the GOP from impeaching the Dem POTUS again and again and again?

Unlikely. The stupidity and brashness of Trump is not normal for most future Presidents whether Dem or Rep. Trump is an one off, one song wonder that manage to fool the people once but unlikely again in 2020. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I know how easy it is to get carried away sometimes. But, this is quite the overstep. Turns out that Trump has NOT been impeached at all. It was just more fake news from the usual quarters.

"Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

According to the Constitution, impeachment is a process, not a vote. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-12-19/trump-impeachment-delay-could-be-serious-problem-for-democrats

The debate was fun. Warren is done. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I know how easy it is to get carried away sometimes. But, this is quite the overstep. Turns out that Trump has NOT been impeached at all. It was just more fake news from the usual quarters.

"Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

According to the Constitution, impeachment is a process, not a vote. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-12-19/trump-impeachment-delay-could-be-serious-problem-for-democrats

Not many straws left to grasp.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On the subject of historic moments, it appears some evangelicals have stopped denying the obvious and had enough.  From "Christianity Today", a magazine founded by the late Billy Graham:

"The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral."

"The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration."  https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

I grew up in the Bible Belt, and could write many pages about the hypocrisy of many who call themselves Christians.  However I also know there are many who genuinely try to be good Christians.  I encourage all who consider themselves Christians to read the entire article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Eric Loh said:

I know. When this happen. 
Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) compared the impeachment debate against President Donald Trump to the trial of Jesus Christ.

Well, the "trial" of Jesus was a set up sham, IMO, so there is indeed a comparison to be made, IMO. BTW, he wasn't saying that Trump was the son of God. His comments were only in regard to the trial.

Disclaimer, I haven't read the statement of Loudermilk, so only responding to Eric Loh's post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, the "trial" of Jesus was a set up sham, IMO, so there is indeed a comparison to be made, IMO. BTW, he wasn't saying that Trump was the son of God. His comments were only in regard to the trial.

Disclaimer, I haven't read the statement of Loudermilk, so only responding to Eric Loh's post.

You simply can’t made comparison to Jesus, period. It is juvenile and lacking religious sensitivity so close to Christmas. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Those who can't see that Trump is the ultimate swamp monster are in complete denial of reality.

When one is faced with 2 monsters and can only get rid of one, one normally gets rid of the worst monster, but it doesn't mean that the remaining monster is not a monster.

The voters knew exactly what Trump was when they voted for him and not her.

The Dems brought him to power, IMO, when they sabotaged Bernie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

You simply can’t made comparison to Jesus, period. It is juvenile and lacking religious sensitivity so close to Christmas. 

LOL. I wasn't, if you actually read my post, and apparently neither was Loudermilk. Perhaps you thought The life of Brian was about Jesus, too.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

funny, the US system has the Bi Partisan labels of Democrats, and Repulicans... ideally working alongside each other 

they will always be at each others' necks, 

yet beware that never the twain shall meet under the same bedsheets...

for if you combine the two terms as concurrent; then find that Democratic Republics are mostly communistic dictatorships  

by the laws of nature, it is actually better the two just keep on niggling at each others butts...

• Like 1