Lion Pub closed permanently.

Timwin

I was in he Lion Pub a week or so ago and I saw a Thai man walking round, looking ,tapping on walls. I thought to myself its the sort of thing a prospective buyer would do (or possibly the landlord). I hoped then they would not be selling it.

Between my condo and Tigglebitties there were 10 bars (I've lived there for 13 years) now only the Caddy Shack is left.

The Loin pub was handy as I could go in there while my wife shopped at the market

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, roger101 said:

I was in he Lion Pub a week or so ago and I saw a Thai man walking round, looking ,tapping on walls. I thought to myself its the sort of thing a prospective buyer would do (or possibly the landlord). I hoped then they would not be selling it.

Between my condo and Tigglebitties there were 10 bars (I've lived there for 13 years) now only the Caddy Shack is left.

The Loin pub was handy as I could go in there while my wife shopped at the market

Isn't Liberty on the corner? I believe the owner of Liberty also owns The Lion as well.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, SidJames said:

the clever landlord can pat himself on the back & count the 1000000's of baht he'll now not be getting in rent & keymoney

Sadly so often the Thai business mentality. I have seen it happen in Bangkok so many times. The pub is doing well the Thai landlord raises the rent. Happened to a famous pub in Bangkok where the landlord raised the rent to 800,000 baht a month. The owner moved and built his own.

The property was empty for 2 years if I remember then became a 7/11 and I suspect at a considerable reduced rate.

Karma has a wonderful affect on greed I find.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2